1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Texans training camp/pre-season thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by codell, Aug 3, 2011.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's essentially a DE that stands. His job won't be much different.

mario plays the run very well.

good thing he's not a running back or a body builder then.

2. jdh008

jdh008 Member

That's what I was thinking too. Are we talking about football or a fitness competition.

3. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Lol i really don't know a QB who looks like a body builder by looking at the arm. Brady Quinn and Tebow were workout freaks, but how did that translate so far? QB is all about accuracy, awareness, arm strength, play recognition, etc. Mental aspects for the most part.

4. Kate81

Kate81 Member

You guys are taking that arm analysis too seriously, it was kind of a joke... cause it does look funny to me. Just like his face.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Kate, if you don't mind answering a few of my questions I would be pretty happy.

How does our secondary look with the additions of Joseph and Manning?

Conor Barwins practice?

And how is Demeco moving out there?

6. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I saw Conor and DeMeco but I wasn't really paying any attention to them.

I stated earlier, Manning had a interception on the 2nd team offense. It was on a semi-floating ball Leinart threw while being pressured. He had plenty of time... to time it and make the pick.

I remember one play Joseph had a good jump on the ball but couldn't finish the pick. And he wasn't on Andre that much, I noticed he was covering the #2 the majority of the time, either Walters or Jones.

7. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

Joseph and Manning are always by the ball. Joseph almost had a pic of Schuab. Demeco was moving better than I expected, I believe he will be good to go when we start playing games. I didn't notice Barwin much, but after practice I got a picture with him. I know pic or it didn't happen.
    [​IMG]

8. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

9. Wilford_Knows

Wilford_Knows Member

LOL. I don't think that anyone is your analysis seriously at all. :eek:

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Thanks for the info and Barwin is a big man. It sounds like JJ Watt is killing it out there. And back to Barwin. I'm hoping we get 5 to 8 sacks out of him. Going to be a fun year.

11. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Well you should... its hard hitting analysis.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Why is a Titans fan going to Texans training camp?

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

For those of you taking Kate81 seriously, don't. She's playing with you.

I highly doubt she was there to begin with, given the fact she is a known Texans hater/Titans lover around these parts.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im completely shocked that Kate had negative things to say about Mario.

Complete and utter shock.

15. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Look at my breakdown, other people who were also there... saw similar things. Some dude posted the pic of Joseph of that one play, after I said what had happened.

Got friends who are Texan fans, calm down.

Relax.

And my scouting skills are top notch, just thought I should share a few thoughts for those who could not make a morning practice this weekend.

16. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Don't get me wrong, I went to a practice two years ago and just this morning.

Every time I see Mario in person, dude is a straight athlete beast.

Those things about Mario were just things I noticed today, there is still time for improvement and he could prove me completely wrong.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Went to the open practice on Saturday morning. We sat in the VIP tent right on the 50-yard line and had front row seats. Several players were so close we could reach out and touch them. Took lots of pics with my phone. I want to post them but I have NO IDEA how to do it. I put them on my Facebook page…maybe I can copy the url and post them that way, but Facebook is blocked at work. Maybe I’ll try tonight.

Anyway, just some observations:

• We missed most of the players coming to the field. Most of them took the golf carts and avoided the fans. JJ Watt, however, went through and was very nice. Signed a bunch of autographs and high-fived all the kids. Seemed like he came out early just so he'd have time to do it
    • I hate to say it, but Kareem still looks pretty lost out there. I wouldn't be surprised if McCain was the #2 CB.
    • Jacoby Jones, for all his faults, looked pretty good. I noticed him taking all the young WR's under his wing. He was giving lots of pointers to Toliver, Maul, and Dickerson. However, at one point, he was looking at me and talking to Toliver. Then Toliver turned around and looked at me. We were so close, I got scared that maybe I pissed them off and I was about to get my ass kicked.
    • Kevin Walter is my new favorite Texan. He came up to my nephew during a water break and introduced himself. He was very nice and my nephew was PUMPED to talk to him. He said he would give him his glove after practice, but we ended up leaving early. 100% class, that Kevin Walter. Got a great pic. Hopefully I can post it tonight.
    • Eric Winston was also very nice. He came up and got some water, then looked at my nephew and said "want some water?" He gave him a little squirt in the mouth and laughed. Very nice guy. Very large guy, too.
    • Matt Leinart looked very sharp. Seems to be taking camp very seriously.
    • Ben Tate looked good too. I was surprised how big he was. He also came and high-fived my nephew after getting pushed out of bounds.
    • Um....Duane Brown is HUGE. Scary huge. Also very quick on his feet. An amazing specimen.
    • When Mario was on the field, not once did I see him drop into coverage. Pass rushing on every single pass play.
    • Kubiak got in one of the UDFA WR's faces. I think it was Maehl, the kid from Oregon. Not good when you're trying to make the team. Kubs seemed really angry with him.

There was a raffle in our tent and my lucky nephew won 4 tickets to the jets game next Monday. Man, that kid was our lucky charm for the day!

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not that i really take what you say serious at all but i thought it was funny to read the LB coaches opinion.

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

So true. He's never going to get it done at the QB position until he learns how to run and gets some guns.

Signed (with a crayon),

[​IMG]

#99 emjohn, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

ima, how did you get VIP tickets? Did you win it in a raffle?