1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Orioles @ 2017 World Champion Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

All series talk goes in here. Non series talk goes somewhere else. No PBP, that can be found from other sources if you need it. All games are broadcast on AT&T Sports SW unless otherwise noted.

4-2 Chris Tillman (R) vs. Charlie Morton (R) 6:10 ESPN

4-3 Mike Wright Jr. (R) vs. Justin Verlander (R) 7:10 MLBN (out-of-market only)

4-4 Dylan Bundy (R) vs. Dallas Keuchel (L) 1:10

BigMaloe, Roc Paint and Joe Joe like this.
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Join us from 1:00pm-5:30pm on Monday, April 2nd for the Astros Opening Day Street Fest, presented by Budweiser. Come help your reigning World Series Champs start their 2018 season with live music from The Emotions, games, local food trucks and more! The whole family can enjoy Opening Day Street Fest with fun to be had for all ages with inflatables, yard games, face painters, and caricaturists. Be sure to arrive early to see interviews with AJ Hinch, Jeff Lunhow and some of your 2017 World Champion Houston Astros!

A 4/2 game ticket is required for entry into the Opening Day Street Fest.

https://www.mlb.com/astros/tickets/specials/opening-day-street-fest

BigMaloe and Roc Paint like this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Looking forward to the most exciting home opener in Astros history.

4. The Drake

The Drake Member

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Can not wait to see championship banner

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I saw a recent photo of the light tower, where they stuffed all the previous flag/pennants from the division championships before.

They had removed mostly all of them... but there were now 2 on there (covered). I really hope THAT is not the banner. Maybe they're just the LCS pennants (2005, 2017). But, if that's how they're commemorating their first championship.... meh (its probably fine for teams like the Cardinals and Yankees who have too many... hell, maybe that's just what they're expecting from here on out!)

7. MadMax

I saw that too. I think the two banners you saw are just league pennants...and that the world championship banner is something else...we'll see. just my guess.

8. pw1993

pw1993 Member

Don't be surprised to see a few Colby Jack cheese hats broken out of the closet in this series. Colby still has the good taste to wear orange, but it's for hte O's this year.

9. pw1993

pw1993 Member

Baltimore currently has three Rule 5 selections on the pitching roster. This could be a good opportunity to pad those batting averages.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Greatest Home Opener in franchise history

Enjoy the joy !!

12. pw1993

pw1993 Member

Chris Tillman, tonight's starter for the Orioles, gave up 3 leadoff homers last season. The proud sluggers were Brett Gardner, Ian Kinsler, and Kevin Kiermaier.

Who's up for a Springer Dinger to kick off the home opener?

BigMaloe and CK Johnson like this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If I'm watching on ESPN and tuning in at 6:10, will that include the banner celebration and whatnot?

14. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

My guess is no. The game is a 6:10 start so all the celebration will be prior to that. ATTSW is starting their broadcast at 5:00 today, so I assume it will be done between 5 and 6. Although ESPN will probably show highlights during the game.

15. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

These thread titles are sexy af.

Also, WWW!

desihooper likes this.
  16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

If anyone gets a streaming link to the pregame post it here please. Reddit streams usually just start when the game starts.

texans1095 likes this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It might not be live footage, but I'm sure they'll have comprehensive shots of everything that took place.

18. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I really have to think that the WS Banner is going to come down from on top of the lights out in LF. If you look closely in this picture you can see something on top of the lights out there. I would imagine one of those pennants on the tower is the AL Pennant and maybe the other is the WS banner/pennant? With a much larger poster/banner unveiled behind it? Just my guess.

19. MadMax

I agree...the things you see covered up are likely the AL and NL pennants. World Series banner is going somewhere else. Again, that's just my best guess.

texans1095 likes this.
  20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Where did all of our other pennants go?

I know 2005 wasn't a WS title, but being National League champions is a banner worthy of being over there with the big boys. I'm hoping the 2 covered are the league titles and the banner is a proper flag.

You read my mind, wouldn't be a huge fan of a wooden pennant on the light tower.