1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chargers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 22, 2016.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Avgs given those grades:

Offensive Line:
    Interior pass blocking average grade: 82 (Above Average)
    Interior run blocking average grade: 54.6 (Poor)
    Outside pass blocking average grade: 55.3 (Poor)
    Outside run blocking average grade: 77.3 (Average)
    Overall pass blocking average grade: 68.6 (Below Average)
    Overall run blocking average grade: 66.0 (Below Average)

Defensive Line:
    Interior pass rush average grade: 55.4 (Poor)
    Interior run stop average grade: 50.6 (Poor)
    Outside pass rush average grade: 79.3 (Average)
    Outside run stop average grade: 77.4 (Average)

Linebacker Corps:
    Pass rush average grade: 58.8 (Poor)
    Run stop average grade: 63.3 (Below Average)
    Coverage average grade: 71.3 (Average)

Secondary:
    Coverage average grade: 72.7 (Average)
    Run defense average grade: 68.5 (Below Average)
    Pass rush average grade: 61.7 (Below Average)

2. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

They weren't but Jayson Braddock says that they considered trading back into the first for him. You'd just think they'd make sure to get him if that was the case. They gambled and lost for better or worse. Jimmy G is a free agent after next season but who knows if this coaching staff will still be around. Would they trade for him in the offseason? Patriots will want a ton. And if not, do they take a qb high in the draft? There are reports they're looking into Kaaya from Miami. He looks like more of a 3rd or 4th rounder.

3. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

This offense has zero identity and is just painful to watch. They don't know what the heck they want to do most of the time. They've done a very poor job this year of tailoring the offense to the strengths of each player. I know some of it has to do with feeling out Brock and Brock showing to have numerous limitations but yikes. The non-stop use of Lamar Miller as an up-the-middle battering ram rather than gameplanning to get him to the outside as much as possible is mind-boggling.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My raw sack numbers were the only way I could really convey the pressure he was getting last season. He was getting demolished on a regular basis...hit and hurried far more often than he has faced this year. The Denver OLine was a mess last season, easily bottom 5 in the league.

I agree that he might be experiencing a cumulative effect of that now, but I'd at least want him to make consistent, accurate throws, when he has a clean pocket and no pressure. He has a difficult time consistently making these easy passes, which doesn't bode well for his future, imo. In other words, I don't think he'd be that good with an all-world OLine. He'd be better, yes...but he lacks the critical traits of a solid NFL QB...accuracy, reading the defense, going through progressions, etc...

Yaosthirdleg likes this.