1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cardinals @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 4, 2012.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Bandwagon fans? St. Louis has had a number of lifelong fans in the Houston area which started with Houston being their minor league affiliate. That fandom has spread down among the following generations. There have always been a number of supportive Cardinal fans at games in Houston.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

There it is. The secret is out. MadMax is a Rangers sympathizer and apologist. Oh how you had us fooled for all of these years!!!

3. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, really hard to get mad at Cardinals fans considering how classy they are. Cubs fans? **** 'em.

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I don't hate Cardinals fans. They're really mild-mannered and are very well-informed for the most part. I'll stop short of calling them a model fanbase, but I consider them pretty close.

Cubs fans are just moronic. Although the ones I ran into last Spring Training were acceptable enough.

Now, today's lineup: J.D. Martinez, in a 1-22 slump over his last 7, gets the day off. He's drawn 4 walks and 2 strikeouts in that span, and has an .050 BABIP over that same timespan.

[​IMG]

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Im glad J.D. is getting a day off. Maybe whats gotten into him is stress. Maybe a day of not having to live up to his or anyone's expectations will do him a bit of good.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I thought this might Happen :(

7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Can we please DFA Happ already?

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

The Astros can straight up cut Happ since he's arbitration-eligible.

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Sigh. Well, another series win. I'll take that any day. I'd rather see Keuchel up over Happ.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Mills. Happ is done. Why give up any chance to win here by trotting him back out there in the 5th to face the heart of their lineup.

:mad:

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Abad can go away too.

12. jdh008

jdh008 Member

This. I don't think the Cardinals have near the bandwagon fan base that, say, the Red Sox or Yankees have.

The Cardinals are the team of the midwest and that was even more true a generation or two ago before expansion really took over. So it's no surprise to me that in a city of transplants like Houston there would be a lot of Cards fans.