1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Yankees Wildcard Edition

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 5, 2015.

1. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

This team deserve to celebrate!! They just beat the big bad Yankees in their home and even if this was just a wildcard one game playoff....in our 53 years of history this is one of the few big moments we can feel proud!!

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

See that ship over there? They're rebroadcasting major league baseball with implied oral consent not express written consent.........or so the legend goes.

[​IMG]

3. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Castro is doing a masterful job behind the plate. But if there is a runner on first with less than 2 outs, he needs to be sacrificing that runner over at this point. It was pretty bad when Carter was on first last night and I was hoping Castro was going to strikeout, instead of grounding into a double play. What did he end up doing? He hits a weak ground ball double play.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

we were yelling at the TV for him to lay down a bunt. there's really no reason for him to be swinging in that position - he's been abysmal in the batters box lately. if there's anyone on and less than two outs he needs to bunt.

5. Victorious

Victorious Member

Time to celebrate! Drinks for everybody, including CC!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

he did a masterful job of framing to be certain. he always framed just a bit further than where keuchel was locating so his movement back toward the plate while catching the ball created the illusion that the pitch was catching the corner. it was fantastic.

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

8. conquistador#11

Bud norris does not approve!:p
    That's my favorite shot from all the celebrations.

9. Nero

Nero Member

You know what one of my favorite parts of the whole thing was?

The fact that it was Carlos Beltran we sent home.

That guy kicked Houston in the nuts when he could have OWNED this town. He and Scott Boros can sit home all offseason, counting his money for all I care. He is not winning any more games this season, while the Astros are moving forward.

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

This was a huge win for the future of the organization. This means that we get a full playoff series which means at least one home playoff game. That should reinvigorate the entire city of Houston and their love of Astros baseball which means we should be consistently seeing 40,000 in the stands next year at MMP.

Crane really could open up the checkbook this offseason and give Jeff a chance to stock this roster even more.

11. askball

askball Member

What an environment last night! I was lucky enough to be able to go to the game and I'll say I was surprised by the Yankees fans. I was in the "belly of the beast" last night in section 412 in the upper deck. Everyone I talked to told me to be careful and went on and on about how rowdy/nasty Yankees fans could be. Honestly, besides a few "Houston sucks" and "at least we don't have to fly home to Houston", the fans focused 95% of their vitriol towards their own team (especially at ARod after his soft fly ball to Gomez). A few of them even said "good luck against KC" as they filtered out of the stadium.

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Just imagine if we beat the Royals.. Or even make it to the World Series :eek::eek:

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Jeez, its been 11 years... I got over it as soon as this team won the NL pennant and went to the World Series without him the very next season.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Some Yankee fan tweeted yesterday "Hey Carlos at least dont strike out looking, we dont do that over here."
    Points if you get the reference lol.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why does everyone think laying down a successful bunt is a given? Castro has only done it 3 times in his entire major league career.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Still better than a DP!

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Unless he bunts into a DP (or TP if two are on). The odds were better for a strike out than a DP. :)

Since the Astros strike out so much and have a mediocre OBP they hit into fewer DPs than any team in the league except Texas.

18. SuraGotMadHops

Adam Wainwright...

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. Nero

Nero Member

LOL yeah true, but we didn't beat Beltran to get there. This was just a nice little personal bit of satisfaction, that's all.