1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 NBA Trade Deadline Deals and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. H-Town Rockets Guy

Robin Lopez will be a dream come true for this team. If not, Bogut (when healthy) will be a good rental until the offseason. I am sure Morey will have another move up his sleeve.

Hui, varughese.arun and da_juice like this.
  3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I bet he has big time buyers regret!

Best illegal picker in the game - gets away with it 9/10 times.
    Plus it is proven beyond doubt that you cannot win a championship in the new NBA without an Australian on your roster.

Cavs (Delly/ Irving)
    Warriors (Bogut)
    Spurs (Mills)

Since Lebron's heat team finished, the game has changed. The new formula is NOT superfriends, it is get an Aussie. Cavs or Spurs will win, we can sneak into 3rd favouritism by bringing in Bogut.
    Warriors can't win - they traded an Aussie away, so can't redeem themselves this season.

4. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Dude make 22 mil a season for this season and next. Why do you think that they haven't been able to move him.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He must really suck. Wiz need a backup PG.

D-rock likes this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Bogut would be a great pick up for our defence, like him or not, he makes a difference on that end.

Vivi, Chamillionaire and Hui like this.
  7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I think they'll push Satoransky into that spot. Dude has some potential but has to learn to get it together.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Fallback move.....KJ and Ennis for Dunleavy. No picks.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Noel is better than both of them.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Screw them both, Cuban not dealing with Morey and 2 firsts for Rolo is the definition of insanity.

11. varughese.arun

R. LOPEZ

#611 varughese.arun, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  12. OTMax

OTMax Member

We are set at center, it's been reported multiple times. I think we are looking at some combo SF/PF and nothing else tbh. Really hope we are going after a center though and we are not touching that Lopez contract nor Bogut with his injury. Give me Tyson!

justtxyank and varughese.arun like this.
  13. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

I hate Bogut he's a real POS. That said, he would give a huge boost to our defense and rebounding. Come playoff time he will be an impact player. KJ + 2nd rder git r dun morey

Lawlruschang and Chamillionaire like this.
  14. varughese.arun

You're thinking of Brook Lopez

Lawlruschang likes this.
  15. varughese.arun

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Where has it been reported that we are set at center? Just curious.

I don't see how a SF/PF combo works in the rotation, there's nobody to push out of the rotation in the 1-3 unless one of (Harden/Gordon/Ariza/Bev/Lou) is traded which seems highly unlikely. If it's true the only thing I can imagine is us trying to upgrade Ariza or Bev which is hard to do since their aren't many better 3&D players at their positions on the market, especially on such value contracts.

Our PF position is Anderson, who very likely isn't going anywhere, and Dekker to back him up with his 18-20mpg

So who would the forward we are searching for replace? Dekker?

Our center position may look solidified with Capela/Harrell/Nene, but in reality Harrell/Nene don't rebound or defend nearly well enough to roll with a PF combo of Anderson/Dekker. Our centers need to be great rebounders/defenders with our weak defensive/rebounding PF position.

I see the need for a big, either a BIG man to replace Harrell/Ne (like Bogut/Chandler/R.Lopez), or a combo PF/C big to replace Harrell/Dekker (like Noel/Gibson/A.Johnson/Faried). Favors/Dieng would be perfect though we don't have the assets for them, Ibaka would have been nice.

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wonder what it would take to get Favors from Utah.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I hope we keep either Trez or Sampolean. Championship runs always seem to include some underestimated young guy.

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Apologies if already mentioned, but Rubio for Rose, straight-up, talked about here in New York.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's been nearly 24 hours since Woj tweeted Bogut was headed to Celtics for a first round pick. Hopefully that deal is dead?