1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama surfaces in federal corruption case

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by wnes, Jan 21, 2008.

1. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Obama supporters, this is your hope and change for the American future.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/749138,obama20web.article

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

did you even read the article?

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

LOL ... did you?

Shall I highlight all the parts that are not in Obama's favor?

4. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like this one: "The Illinois senator isn’t accused of any wrongdoing." ?

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So Obama hasn't done anything wrong, but somehow this dashes peoples hopes for Obama's message of change?

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

yeah, i did. seems like obama has some connections to a corrupt business man.... earth-shattering stuff right there. i bet he's the first and only politician to ever be associated with unsavory characters. nevermind the fact that the first sentence flat out states that obama is being accused of any wrongdoing.

:rolleyes:

7. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

wow wnes, you are seriously delusional

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

How can anyone look at that sweetheart real estate deal with a known agent of corruption and not question Obama's judgment? Did he think he could HIDE that? Wow. I knew this would come out before South Carolina. Hillary and team would make sure of that.

Obama's boat has sprung a few leaks in the last couple of weeks...

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Who do you support Hu Jintao ?

10. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Maybe, maybe no. Dick.

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Yeah, this is so much worse than the Norman Hsu thing.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Before you start cheering on Obama's defeat keep in mind that if Hillary wins the nomination the Republican nominee will be facing Team Hillary.

If you think she's being tough on Obama a fellow Democrat that will be nothing compared to a Republican opponent. While she is polarizing and the Republicans will come after her she will hit them back just as hard.

13. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

It would behoove Hilary not to make this an issue. I'm betting that in the ties to illegal businesses category, she wins among those currently elected and not named Harry Reid.

14. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

What, did you expect Obama to be able to change the political culture behind electioneering and campaign fundraising overnight? While I don't think much of Obama's promises about being someone who's outside the 'corrupt washington' establishment, i really think this is being overblown.

15. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

This thread is the lolz.

16. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

Hillary got 0 delegats from Michigan, you call that a win? And Obama got 13 out of 25 in Nevada. Hillary got 12. No exactly a loss in Nevada.

17. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

"Obama’s relationship with Rezko grew closer in June 2005, when Obama and Rezko’s wife bought adjoining real estate parcels from a doctor in the South Side Kenwood neighborhood. Obama paid $1.65 million for the doctor’s mansion, while Rezko’s wife paid $625,000 for the vacant lot next door. Obama’s purchase price was $300,000 below the asking price; Rezko’s wife paid full price."

WTF??? When any of you go to buy a house, do you get a $300,000 discount and team up with another person to have them buy adjacent land at full price? How weird is that? This smacks of lies, deceit, and corruption. This stinks to the HIGH HEAVENS.

18. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Wow, a million $ + house sells for 85% of the listing price. This has certainly never happened before. If you are outraged by this, then I'm sure that you were also outraged by GWB's sweetheart loans from Harken, and later his insider trading of Harken shares.

19. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

So let me get this straight, Obama, a real estate novice, gets a huge discount on a property right next to empty land that Rezko, a real estate professional, pays full price for? Umm.... yeah that makes sense :rolleyes:

This stinks. Bad. If a Republican did this, the liberals would be calling in the professional protestors for a good ol' fashion kook festival.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who said he was a novice. I've seen first time home-buyers get similar deals.

Honestly, we don't know if the asking price was high, or what the condition of the house was or anything else. The people asked for a price, Obama countered and they sellers accepted. Until the sellers say there was some disreputable reason for them accepting, then there is nothing at all here worth worrying about.