1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama Proves He's a Closet Muslim -- Screws Israel with Abstention

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

1/2 of American Jews are atheists
    The 1st temple or the 2nd one! it was hypothetically in a series of temples -hall anyway Trump may build the 3rd
    DNA doesn't agree

If you were well educated ,technologically sophisticated would you have moved !

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No, he moved them to the ****ing settlements in the West Bank. Watch the video.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL did you watch the video? Outed..

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The West Bank is Israel. The West Bank was created due to the unprovoked attack by Jordan. The ceased land became known as the West Bank.

As I said before, Jordan attacked Israel without provocation. They occupied the West Bank for 20 years with no record of creating an independent Palestinian state. Three years after losing the territory they kicked-out the Palestinians from their own country.

The idea that Israel could ever agree to a "two-state" solution with Egypt, Syria, and Jordan is just bunk. Neither Egypt nor Syria pressed upon Jordan to create an independent Palestinian state. Those three certainly can talk the talk, but for the twenty years they had to prove to the world that they practiced what they preached - nothing.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes, I've been through upstate New York. Definitely less safe then the West Bank.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What ethnicity are most of the people in Jordan?

7. Nivos

Nivos Member

Not to get into your thing that goes on between you guys but what are you referring to? Jordan is ruled by a minority Hashamic tribe. Palastinians make 70% of its population but they have no say what so ever in the decisions of their country

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is classic @thumbs: he comes in, drops a turd, leaves and everybody spends 13 pages debating how bad it smells.

Exiled likes this.
  9. Exiled

Exiled Member

Palestinians in Jordan are in a way much better situation than the alternatives of IDF Kingdome,

[​IMG]

or Iranians Mullah zone , Yarmok ref.camp.Syria

[​IMG]

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

go Nikki!

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I honestly don't know why everyone loves Israel so much. And I honestly believe you will not tell me why you are pro-Israel. But will you tell me why you are pro-Israel?

12. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

I can't answer for Commodore but my view is there are three main branches of thought that overlap and or create synergy in the belief system for the typical conservative voter:
    1. For the religious right, the Jews and the unification of Israel with the construction of a new temple and the subsequent destruction of the Dome of The Rock is the harbinger of the end times--a precursor to the rapture. Evangelicals still believe, to one degree or another, that Jews are going to hell(since they haven't accepted Jesus as their personal lord and savior). They are encouraged or egged-on in modern Israel as cast members in the rapture snuff-film that is the poor interpretation that evangelicals tend to double down on as word for word literal like Genesis or picking and choosing out of Leviticus.
    2. A lighter biblical influence would still follow that It's the country promised to the sons of Abraham and the tribes that marched out of bondage in Egypt to Israel after 40 years of wandering. Thus, the affinity of our shared Judeo-Christian values/history moves the right to support Israel in most all things. This also follows and fits in with post WWII era, the horror of genocide and the '47 partition vote.
    3. Lastly, the more neo-con side which holds up Israel as a valuable ally in the region(which I think they are, but not excusing West Bank settlements and the like). More cynically, Israel can be there to irritate and check Muslim states; aka, help the U.S. blow-up the brown people we don't like or fear terrorist attacks from.

I'm sure I'm missing many other reasons but I think that I hit some of the main themes. And I know the religious right isn't monolithic in thought nor do all evangelicals or conservative christians have the same beliefs or motivations; just trying to capture the themes that I've read and heard from them over the years.

Everyone should read "O Jerusalem", great background on 47 and what was going on in Palestine before and after the 48 war. Israel should exist, thrive and be our ally but Palestinians deserve to have the same.

#252 wouldabeen23, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Rick Santorum and many other nut jobs can't understand why its important to stand up for american jews in addition (if they choose to) to Israel. Having cemeteries desecrated and synagogues w/ bomb threats here and just saying you support Israel is not remotely targeting the problem. Events like that are unacceptable.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

International law has a bias against countries that break it.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Thank you for the thoughtful response. I'll keep my own views out of it for now. Unless someone wants to hear them, of course! :D

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I wonder how many people in Israel see it this way -- that all of West Bank rightfully belongs to Israel.

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The Jordanians didn't care too much for the Palestinians. They occupied the West Bank for 20 years - no advancement. The Israelis, much like the European nations, have built the modern Middle East - before that, it was mud huts and malarial mosquito infested swamps.

Israeli has a RIGHT TO PROTECT itself. If that includes a buffer zone of settlers, then so be it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Same reason Thelma Frye liked it, it's the "Holy Land."

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not seeing how this therefore means that Israel has a right to that land, let alone how this relates to my question of how Israelis themselves see the situation. I'm sure many of them agree with you -- I'm just curious how many.

OK. Again, don't see the relevance.

OK, but that's a different argument than "The West Bank is Israel."

Yung-T likes this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You do realize, that if you are going to debate someone at least answer the question. Its clear you don't know what you are talking about, but give hte person replying to you some respect.