1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[need advice] what should i do with the money

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Jul 29, 2013.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Rather than get into the whole morality/ethics of insurance fraud, I'll just answer your original question. Unless your car looking ghetto will have a negative effect on your business (i.e. meeting clients), I would re-invest in the business. Who cares what the car looks like right now if it doesn't have anything to do with your business?

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Racist?

Actually I'm of caucasian descent... You guys can all stand on your"moral" high ground all you want. The truth is the company isn't being anything close to looking it for your or OPs best interest. They are looking out for their own. OP should look out for his. He doesn't have to say his back hurts, all he had to say is he its considering talking to a lawyer. Its not bring unethical because in reality, he should be considering this. If it nets him more money for his Fiat or his business than all the better.

3. what

what Member

that's the way I'm leaning to.

while I am definitely shook up from the accident, even though it was at most a 5 mile an hour accident. the amount of antics I'd have to go through to see a return from it wouldn't be worth it.

insurance companies aren't handing out money like people think.

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty of getting ahead in the rat race, but if you have to fake health issues -- you're doing it wrong. Karma.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Fix the car and I don't think the repair damage is just $1,000 for a fairly new car. Get an estimate, it should be over $1K if you get hit by a work truck. If you need the money for business sell the Fiat when it gets repaired.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Didn't read thread, but give it to me, kthxbai.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Don't try to circumvent the wheel! Unless you are in dire straits financially file a claim, 1k is not that much money to invest in your business. Often times the insurance company will give you more than what you will need to repair it and you can pocket what is not used. Just be diligent/patient and get several quotes, you'll be surprised in the amount of difference in the quotes.

Wish you well!

(p.s) ^^ sounded like Royce White...#BeWell#..:grin:

8. dragician

dragician Member

Fiat parts are more expensive than other cars.

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yup. you'll probably be surprised out how much it will cost to fix a minor fender bender on cars whose parts are on foreign soils (I'm not familiar with Fiat's, just sayin'). I just had a lady hit me at around 10mph in reverse and although it didn't look bad at all the cost to fix was over $4K. In Texas and some other states you could also file a loss of value claim with their insurance.

Don't "fake the hurt". That's for degenerates.

10. what

what Member

just to stop all the stupid random comments about how much you all think this will cost to fix, i got an estimate BEFORE i posted this thread.

but thanks for the help at actually answering the question el gnomo, i don't know what these other people are talking about.

11. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Live within your means.

12. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

BACKPAGE.COM + $1000 = IPSAC KIND OF NIGHT!

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Take about $20 out of that 1K and buy yourself some Summers Eve.

14. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Just wow.

They have to take your word, so don't be afraid to be a liar for monetary gain?

At least you're honest about it. Wait a second...

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

$1000? Any big dent on a Fiat will cost more than that to fix. You sure?

16. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Definitely go for a prostitute.