1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NC law: Not Just about Bathrooms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 15, 2016.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    So can DonnyMost put on a bra and panties and give himself a couple of squirts of eau de parfum and then go drain his sea lizard in the women's bathroom at the post office?

If society has reached this point of absurdity, then the pendulum has swung way too far in the wrong direction. Our elected leaders wasting a moment of time on this issue is just insane. Transsexuals need to just figure this one out on their own -- not impose a burden on the rest of society. Go before you leave the house -- that's my solution. If that doesn't work, strap on a pair of adult diapers.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

LOL. Keep trying to rustle those jimmies brah. I think your strawman could use a little lipstick.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I did not realize their bathroom law also had provisions about municipal power to regulate employment and civil rights. This seems like the hidden movement -- done in broad daylight but everyone is too busy talking about bathrooms. Abbott talked about it, and I suppose it'll sweep all the states with conservative governors. Stop the liberal cities from setting liberal policies within their limits so that the more conservative state-wide policies will rule. Even while it hurts 'my side' (to the extent I'm liberal, which I'm not exactly), I think it's sounder governance to have uniform state-level control of things like minimum wage and civil rights. It's just too bad that it's the conservative states that want to do it, and they want to so that none of that work will be done. Same with environmental controls. Texas wants to say Denton should leave oversight of fracking to the TCEQ so that the TCEQ can sit on their hands and let the oil companies do whatever they want.

It's a funny mirror of the struggle between conservative states and a liberal federal Administration. The states are begging for things like stronger border enforcement and try to do the job themselves only to get their hands smacked by the feds. There's friction and people don't always get what they want, but I think we'll be alright so long as we can keep people in their lanes. Where it makes sense to legislate federally, do that; where state control makes sense, do that; and then there are still a few items better controlled by city councils, and they can have that. Those things that should be controlled by the states (imo, environmental, employment, and civil rights enforcement included) should be left to them -- but we should fight like hell to make sure they actually do the work they are supposed to do. Right now, conservatives don't want the work done. They want to see people exploited for the sake of regulatory efficiency, or have bought some magical thinking that the invisible hand will stop exploitation if you get out of the way.

So, did the ladies assume you were born a woman and had a sex change operation, but you've been forced by North Carolina law to use their bathroom despite the fact you have a penis now and look like a man?

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks Donny.

I honestly don't care either way. I wonder why other people appear to care so much (from both sides). I just think there are way more important topics (yeah, I know you know one of the ones I mean)...

If I go to a bathroom and there is a woman in there, so what. If I go into a bathroom and there is a guy dressed as a woman, so what.

I guess from a woman's perspective it could be slightly different, since any guy could be a potential "threat", so if guys are in the women's restroom, I can see how it could make them more uncomfortable than the other way around.

That said, I feel a little weird when a female cleaning person is in the men's restroom, I tend to go into the stalls then.

Which leads me to another topic:

Why are American bathroom stalls so very much NOT private? :confused: You can look into them from the top and there is a huge space at the bottom as well. European ones are better. And don't get me started on Japanese toilets. They are so much more advanced...

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

[​IMG]

This should do it with minimal cost,one for men ,another for women and gays can go behind the trees

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Gays are not men? Maybe in Saudi-Arabia...

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

I don't know, you are the one sneaking underneath to see;) , hope you had more joy than just ...watching

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

You promised you'd keep quiet...

10. giddyup

It was a water closet, a onesie, with an unoccupied sign whereas the men's had an occuped sign, so I took the plunge. I've done it many times before. Yes, I'm that forward-thinking... tried to get my daughters to do it when the opportunity/need availed itself but they'd rather wait and suffer.

I failed to mention that there was pee all over the seat. Didn't expect that.

11. giddyup

Why standing up, of course... and from across the room!

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Womens restrooms are notorious for being disgusting. Another head banger on why anyone would be so adamant about using the womens restroom.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Simply make all bathrooms unisex and one stall per bathroom area only.
    So restaurants can have 2-4-6-8 or what have you stalls but they all unisex.
    If you have to wait TOUGH!

Like the Smoking in the Club issue . .. . if you don't like it . .. TOUGH!

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This. It's a safety issue. Anybody with daughters will recognize this immediately. Why give the herd of male creepers a window of opportunity?

You basically have a bunch of people who will do anything in the name of "tolerance", including jeopardizing women and girls' safety.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yes, I agree. Having the most lax gun policies on the planet has made America especially unsafe for women and girls, by the numbers.

Hear, hear. Thanks for redirecting to something halfway important.

Bathroom policies, as you suggest, are completely silly. There is no correlation to any safety issues. And even the certain old white man's "wide stance" tendencies are easy to avoid and then report to local authorities.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Looks like I struck a nerve with B-Bob. Sorry, the truth tends to do that.

Why bother to bring up a totally unrelated topic like guns? Are you taking a page from the Northside Intern's guide to bbs discussion?

There is clearly a problem with giving creepers and perverts a window of opportunity to endanger women and children's safety.

17. giddyup

There are claims of violence against trans-gendered people in public bathrooms. I've asked for the studies and the ones provided have been sketchy.

18. Nook

Nook Member

This is another losing issue for the GOP... They continue to fight social issues that they have no chance of winning. They did it with blacks, women, Hispanics, the poor, gays and now this.... I have raised my concerns and opinions on this issue and the entire blurring of male and female in general in America.... But it isn't going to change, the horse is out of the barn.

Also, aren't there enough serious issues to tackle, that we don't need to argue about whether Pat wants to squat or use the urinal.

Not shocked at all the GOP is using the issue to try and control/limit other demographics that don't support them. Rather than addressing the issue of why the GOP is behind on social issues and demographic changes, the GOP instead seeks short term political gain and tries to game the political system to hold on as long as possible.

Not a damn person in that party that isn't socially r****ded. Hell, at least Bush Jr. attempted to make inroads with Hispanics.

19. giddyup

How very un-PC of you!

20. Nook

Nook Member

I don't give a damn about being politically correct. The Republican Party is socially r****ded.