1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA thug threatens to f****** punch ref in the face

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Suns ain't happy after their "Philly game."

Steve Nash lost it during the game:

Gortat talking about the grass being greener where he used to be and how hard it is to suddenly get stuck with lazy losers:

If this **** keeps up, time for Morey to pounce on this primo scavenging opportunity.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/30/marcin-gortat-rips-suns-defense-after-disappointing-loss-to-sixe/

I

2. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Gortat sounds really whiny. It can't be worse than playing for the Phoenix Suns? Geez, he's played like three games there and he's already throwing everyone under the bus.

Lol at Nash being the NBA thug. That definitely took me by surprise. I do feel sorry for him for suddenly having a depleted team--and a whiny guy like Gortat to top it off--when he's in the twilight years of his career.

3. SunsRocketsfan

yea gortat sounds like a total drama queen like Tmac was. Umm you are making millions to play a game and it couldnt be worse? You also play for a organization that for the most part has been run pretty well.

Glad we didnt get this drama queen whiner.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I like what Gortat said.

It would have been easier to not rock the boat, to just seethe with silent resentment or not care and be happy getting paid. Instead, he immediately tries to light a fire and hold his team accountable. Maybe he shouldn't have said those things publicly, but sometimes a little public shaming goes a long way.

For a player new to a team that takes a strong personality. That's the kind of player the Rockets love.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Gortat shouldn't be saying this publicly. Very dumb, but it shows something.

In Orlando, he played for an intense coach that demanded respect, demanded effort on both ends of the floor and demanded the players to do exactly what he said. The result was very good success.

Now he goes to Phoenix where the coach is much more lax and loose. In Gortat's mind, that is a big reason for them losing. Gortat's experience in the NBA has been on a team that is (figuratively) married to basketball.

I don't have a problem with Gortat's opinions. Just him saying it to the media.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Its a strong opinion, probably a valid opinion, and I think its appropriate to say even publicly. If it was something negative directed at an individual, then keep in private. But just a general observation of a team-wide malaise on effort and defensive fundamentals, to me that's fair game.

The Rockets could use some of that fire, in my opinion.

7. Codeo

Codeo Member

Gortat may have went overboard by saying it can't be worse, but he obviously didn't mean that his job as an NBA player couldn't be worse. He doesn't like the direction (or lack thereof) of the team and decided to say something. For the most part he's right, the Suns are never going to win playing the type of basketball they're playing. You just wish it was Nash that would call the team out for their lack of discipline and effort.

8. Steve_Francis_rules

It's not like he's saying life couldn't be worse. In his opinion, they're doing everything wrong, so they're already playing as bad as they can.

And how can you honestly say the Suns have been run pretty well? This is the team that lets free agents walk because they won't pay them. This is the team that continuously trades away first round picks because the owner is too cheap to take on a guaranteed rookie contract. This is the team that thought it was a good idea to give away Rajon Rondo, who would have been on a rookie contract, so they could sign Marcus Banks to a multi-year full-MLE deal.

9. University Blue

I like Gortat, but you do not complain or question publicly your coach's leadership or teammate's motivation.

10. sew

sew Member

I'm liking Gortat's attitude.

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

12. Codeo

Codeo Member

I disagree. If he is willing to risk his job security for the sake of getting the team on the right track then I support that. If I were a Suns fan I'd be waiting for someone to step up and say something.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

I thought this thread was about to be about Stephen Jackson.

14. passdarock

passdarock Member

I would definitely like Gortat on our team. He has a winning mentality.

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I like what Gortat said, but he shouldn't have said it publicly.

16. tested911

tested911 Member

What this really sounds like is the Suns would like to do more trades? :)

17. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

I dont blame nash. alot of these refs make strange calls like in last nites rockets game when wade was getting a lot of phantom calls. i hate refs. worthless.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Oh, man could you imagine the response if it was him?

It's Nash though so its cool.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree to a certain degree. For a new guy, it's not appropriate. He needs to take time to understand the team's dynamics and earn the teammates' respect before criticizing. He's not even a star or a long time veteran.

20. ThaShark316_28

Gortat is right.