1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Nov 5, 2012.

1. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Odd how Morris will take a long long time to earn trust, but Dmo, who's done nothing, already has it.

2. Nero

Nero Member

I didn't say D-Mo has already earned trust. But why is it odd that Morris would need to prove he can be that guy? He has not yet shown that he is anything other than 'just another guy'. No opposing coach is going out of his way to make sure he devises a defensive scheme to stop Marcus Morris. Not until he proves he can be something he has not shown one time.

But Motiejunas has at least shown in SL that he has the capability to utilize a variety of low post moves, as well as a potentially lethal long range shot, out past the 3-point line.

All I am saying is, that kind of game is one that would be ideal in a mix with Harden's play, *IF* D-Mo can progress to be a reliable player at the 4, with those moves and an ability to score in the same ways he showed in SL.

3. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

I agree that D-Mo has potential, but he's also shown that he's at least another year (likely 2) away from being ready. This year our #2 is Lin. Next it will be some max-cap guy and Lin can move to a #3 role which I think he'd be perfect for.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

lol I like how this thread has zero discussion about the actual power rankings now.

5. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Seriously, they cup Kobe's balls everytime he goes 8-24.