1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K13

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 30, 2012.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So far I'm really happy with the Hornets. 3-0 with them and Rivers is lethal

2. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

For me, it's after I finish a game in mycareer and it shows boxscores, player of the game, etc. I go to quit and it freezes

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp2G23N1wWU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

4. 713

713 Member

Iggy is vastly overrated on 2k13...why is he an 88?

5. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

Did anybody change sig shots of any of the Rockets?

6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Mine has done it 2 out of 3 games... frustrating to say the least

7. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Wtf, i installed 2k13 and it can't run. It could barely load the intro. I play 2k12 just fine. Mass Effect 3 just fine, etc. Why the heck is it so slow and laggy??

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lamb quickly becomes a heck of a scorer.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

So I finally got the chance to really play it this afternoon. I'm on my second game right now (decided to play with the Celtics this game... wanted to see if I could actually use Rondo this year).

Rondo grabbed a rebound, so I decided to push the tempo a little bit. I run up court with a 3-on-3 situation and I got Terry and Pierce on the wing. Billups and CP3 instantly went out to defend JET and Pierce, so it was me (Rondo) and Caron Butler one-on-one in the middle of the court... I blew right past him and got the layup.

It's about damn time I could do that.

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Just got the game and am trying to get used to this new shooting

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Well, that game was insane. Got late into the 4th quarter, the Clippers were up by 5 with about 1:23 left in the game. I came down and gave the ball to Paul Pierce at the elbow and made a move then hit the open jumper.

CP3 drove the ball to the basket and KG came across and swatted the hell out of it. Rondo came up with it so I pushed it up in transition and hit Brandon Bass on the way to the basket for a dunk.

I'm down by 1 now

Clippers came down the court again, CP3 made a nice move, sucked in the defense and then passed it out to an open Chauncey Billups who missed the jumper. I got the rebound, went up court, ran a play for Pierce who came off a screen for an open three and swished it.

I'm up by 2 with 18 secs left.

Paul gets the ball and makes a nice move to go right by me, then lays it up just before KG could swat at it.

Tie game with 7 seconds left.

I pass it in to Rondo, hurry up court, do a crossover and go to catch CP3 a little off guard, and as soon as he was catching up to me, I did a step-back move... he goes flying by me and I hit the easy mid-range jumper for the win.

Crazy game... had me on the edge of my seat. This game feels so much more fluid to me.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i need a nickname for lamb does anybody know any good ones and i'm not gonna name him lamb chops lol

13. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Are they going to patch it? Update or something? Because I retired it like three times and same thing. Decided to start a new career in hopes it doesn't happen again. Like it better though, got drafted by rocket at #18. Lol

14. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I've gotten fond of lambinate, but I guess it's more of a catchphrase for when he posterizes someone.

15. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Anyone have tips on how to use White more effectively? I'm having a hard time scoring using him especially because he has very poor shooting. I've been trying to cross people over or spin my way to the hoop with him but the defense reacts very quickly and I tend to get stuck or be forced to take a bad shot.

I'm playing on superstar difficulty btw

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

dude is a bruiser. post him up with smaller SF

put him @ the 4 and face up the slower PFs

17. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

I made a 7' ripped 300lb power forward and got drafted by the Rockets in MyCareer, with their 2nd first round pick :)

Rockets picked 6th and picked up a 6'4" PG called Howie West
    Into the 2nd years now, and Lin is rated 80, best player on the team.
    I'm the 6th man, with a 67 rating....

Delfino was let go, options pickup from Douglas, and a few others.
    Also Gilbert Arenas was signed, but he wants out now :p

Lamb is the 7th man. Royce White, Montie and Jones are in the dog house :)

18. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Rockets have trashed, Dallas, Spurs and Lakers a few times in the second season as well!

19. 713

713 Member

I signed cp3 in the offseason to the rockets..lmao

20. ashiin

ashiin Member

It seems like defensive AI in the paint is a bit lacking in MyCareer, when a guy blows past me straight towards another defender the defender rarely responds quick enough yet alone respond at all...

On a brighter note, I'm a 6'9 point forward who was drafted by the Raptors. I think I might stick with this team until my contract runs out before I start thinking Rockets.