1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My outlandish yet theoretically possible scenario

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jul 2, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Here's how we build a team that can compete on paper with the warriors . It will require some things to break out way from a buyout perspective and incredible things to happen from a player decision standpoint .

1) re-sign Clint ( rating ... highly likely )*

2) resign Luc ( definitely possible )

3) trade Ryan and a pick/ prospect for Kent bazemore ( rating ... fairly possible , if ATL is putting Bazemore on the block then this trade makes SOME sense )

Here's where is gets funky

4) OKC buys our melo and NJ (? Is that who has him ) buys out Dwight . ( OKC might want to do this from a lux tax perspective and Dwight wants to be bought out )

5) we sign melo and Dwight for vet min . ( the least likely . Both players can make more money and have bigger roles elsewhere ... they would both have to accept being role players and not making a lot of money for a chance at a ring )

If those 5 things come to fruition ... and our players find a good form/ chemistry .... we can beat GS . An in-shape melo and Dwight coming off the bench would be fantastic. Maybe they decide to hop on the ring-chasing train and really devote themselves to putting the team above all.

Frankly , the most unlikely thing about this scenario is melo and dwights leap in maturity .

CP3/ Gordon
    James / bazemore
    Luc / bazemore/ melo
    Pj/ melo
    Clint / Dwight

Clutchfans ... send my idea good vibes and maybe the basketball gods will smite the warriors ... god knows they are deserving of some reckoning

*edit. Thanks ....

#1 snowconeman22, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Moses81 likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I personally don't see Melo as a difference maker anymore (at least in a good way) and while I would be fine with Dwight, most here will hate the idea and I don't believe he and Harden can reunite.

3. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

*re-sign

resign = quit

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Put anyone with #3 and #13 and they can beat Thanos with 6 infinity stones.

ClutchFam, malakas and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I guarantee that New Jersey won't buyout Dwight.

Patience and malakas like this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Only one of hundreds.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

just let @snowconeman22 live! Gawd Damn! post was obviously under duress.

Sooty, dkim1984 and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think melo *could* be a difference maker if he slims up a bit and comes off the bench .

Like I said , the reason why this scenario is so unlikely is because there would need to be leaps in maturity from Dwight and melo . They would need to be 100 percent behind their role .

justtxyank likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I see The Otto Porter Movement is being challenged by the Kent Bazemore experience....

malakas and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That's right !

When hope is low some people drink , some people smoke , some people post crazy **** on clutchfans.

peleincubus likes this.
  11. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

Log-off and step away from the computer.

Adding Dwert and Melo to last years team would make it SIGNIFICANTLY worse and create all kinds of locker room dramas.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now after everything has gone down, you call out for Dwight. Ive been telling y'all that we need Dwight back with Harden, Paul and Capela. Maybe to late now.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I agree about Melo, but not Dwight. Dwight would make our bench better than the majority of starting squads in the league.

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

As unrealistic as my entire scenario playing out is ... I think a Ryan for Kent swap is more likely than a Ryan for porter swap . Porter is much more valuable than bazemore ( IMO ) so everything else equal I would definitely prefer him . I just don't think WAS will give him to us whereas ATL might consider bazemore for Ryan and small assets

15. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

I can see Bazemore, and maybe Melo - but if I was Melo I’d go to the Lakers. Why would Dwight ever play with Harden again? Obviously they don’t like each other.

16. steddinotayto

I think we're so far removed from reality that we're actually convincing ourselves we can get either Bazemore or Porter for Anderson, no?

rammo and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Maybe I didn't articulate it well enough , but part of the *dream scenario* is that melo and Dwight mature and don't cause lockeroom issues .

IF melo can shed some pounds and find a good form , he's absolutely a player to reckoned with coming off the bench

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Another reason this is unlikely is that Dwight isn't good at basketball anymore but still thinks he is.

19. malakas

malakas Member

I rather we sign Bebe instead of Dwight. Or Monroe.

20. steddinotayto

There's also the small fact that no one in the NBA wants him on their team.....