1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MW2 Map Pack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketJoe, Mar 12, 2010.

1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I like the SCAR and used it when I played MW2. Unfortunately, the game just isn't engaging enough. I found it worse than playing Swat on H2, nothing but a bunch of camping with sniper rifles.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You might just not be good at the game then, because the double point I was making was even if you got in a game with a bunch of level 70s, the AK-47 isn't a super powered gun that makes it all that much harder on a guy with a scar or famas. Heck, most players don't even use the AK-47.

Success in MW2 isn't as much about weapon choice as it is about playing time. You have to learn how control yourself. Players who play at a frenetic pace usually get killed at a high rate, while calm controlled players usually dominate, regardless of their weapon.

3. justtxyank

This is a legit complaint. The camping gets annoying. But, if in a wartime battlefield you ran around a city with an assault rifle you probably would get sniped if you weren't careful.

4. GladiatoRowdy

Perhaps it isn't so much the weapons, but the perks that affected the gameplay adversely for me.

5. GladiatoRowdy

Halo is just a much more engaging shooter.

6. justtxyank

Fair enough. It's a game that you need adjusting to, particularly if you were a Halo player, used to being able to jump around like a clown despite someone unloading entire weapon clips into you and just throw grenades or something.

Edit: Haha, you mentioned Halo now. I get it. They are very different games. Halo allows you to make up for patience and aim with things like extra grenades and the ability to take a lot of damage and still survive, jump around, etc. In MW2 if you just run around you are going to get killed without a chance to really fight back. Halo gives you a chance to turn around and jump and get shots off or chuck a grenade because it takes so much to actually die (unless the other player is skilled and getting headshots.)

7. GladiatoRowdy

I don't have the time to adjust. If I didn't have a job, two kids, and two classes to worry about I might be able to play enough to get better, but I can have a lot more fun on a shooter where there is more strategy and teamwork going on than in CoD.

8. justtxyank

That's cool, not every game is going to work for every player. I disagree that Halo requires for strategy or teamwork though. It's easier to die in MW2 which necessitates more caution and thought if you want a positive kd ratio. As for teamwork, my experience with Halo is the same as it is with MW2. When I'm with my friends we play like a team and we win. When I'm not, the other players have no interest in teamwork and we win or lose depending on which side is more skilled at the game.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What I love so much about modern warfare is the realism. You cannot just run around like a maniac, and you have to play patiently, especially in hardcore. I love the fact that you do not have to put a whole clip into someone to get a kill, 1 maybe 2 shots gets the job done. I cannot stand halo in particular because of all the supid jumping and running around and that a sniper takes multiple shots to kill.

10. justtxyank

Yep, just like I said.

In Halo you can get shot with an entire clip from a battle rifle and if you just jump around you can live long enough to get one extra shot that kills your enemy. Strategy? What? LOL. The strategy is just learn to use the controller properly so you can jump side to side better than the other guy and throw grenades quickly without stopping your firing for more than a split second. It's kind of lame really.

11. mic

mic Contributing Member

Idunno, I just don't see the higher level thing being a very valid argument considering how many people prestige and start over at square one. It can be a little rough at first (especially before you know the maps), but everyone has to learn how to navigate those. Leveling up early on goes pretty fast, and it's not like the perks unlocked later on are a huge advantage.

But anyway, the Halo thing does make a lot of sense. I honestly have no interest in Halo. The realism in CoD makes it a keeper for me. I still play almost daily.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yeah, I dont see much of a disadvantage at all with the guns you start with...heck, the famas and the m16 are pretty much identical, other than looks.

13. GladiatoRowdy

I still don't have access to the M16. I shouldn't have to play for hours and hours to get access to all the guns and perks in the game (this is why I don't play MMORPGs). CoD creates an uneven field for experienced players versus inexperienced players. Give me the same guns and abilities as everyone else and I will be happy.

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

This is one reason I stopped going prestige. What's the point besides a new emblem and extra classes? I'll just stay on 70 with all of my goodies. 5 classes is plenty with the One Man Army perk.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, there has to be some incentive to play the game...makes it more fun when you have something to look forward to. Plus, like I said, there is no advantage to the weapons you get later, as opposed to earlier. The only perks that I would use, other than the ones you get really early are Cold Blooded and Ninja...and it shouldnt take too long to get those. If you want uneven field, look at Battlefield Bad Company 2...take your feelings from CoD and add a huge multiplier.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I wreck on people with default weapons and no mods. There is an advantage to leveling but as others' have said those are quickly negated. Intelligence/skill also goes a long way towards closing the gap. In short your argument just makes it sound like you're not very good at the game.

17. been_exed

been_exed Member

I love campers...its nice to crawl up next to them and throw a knife at their crotch...

18. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

MW2 is a great game if you're a smart player. What I mean by that is you don't get frustrated, you stay away from certain areas, and learn how to slow the game down for you as a player. If you're like a Steve Nash and run n gun, MW2 will come harder for you. You might get a lot of kills but you'll either break even or have a negative death to kill ratio.

Camping sucks for everyone but you have learn how to beat campers. If you know there's someone camping then stay away from that area. If you're playing Team DM, the last thing you want to do is give the other team several kills by trying to get that camper. That's why MW2 has certain attachments/perks that works for that. Having a Silencer attached to your gun is the easiest way to get them along with Ninja pro. You'll be amazed how many times you can sneak up on players with a silencer.

I notice several people hate Wastelands because of the sniping/camping in the houses. The easiest way to handle that is coming around the back of the building. Most Snipers lay down calmores so you have to watch out for that. And for the players that camp in the underground spots in that map, use the grenade launcher and flash bangs. If you're not good at either of those things then stay away and pick your spots.

The biggest knocks on MW2 that is legit is the powerful shotguns and their range along with the knife glitches. Many elite players will say that the shotguns are too overpowering.

If you need tips on how to play, I would recommend watching some of the videos that Hutch has on youtube. He's great at showing how to break down maps, weapons, and overall styles to make you better.

19. justtxyank

It's definitely a more challenging game to get good at then Halo was. When I bought it I didn't have any friends who played and all I did was play domination. My Kill/Death Ration was around .56 or something for a long time. I've managed to get it up to 1.06 now and climbing.

20. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I first bought the game, I had a friend come down for the weekend and he played online on my ID. He had me 2000 in the negative by the end of the weekend. It took me nearly a month to get that fixed...