1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MW2 Map Pack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketJoe, Mar 12, 2010.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. They should be.

2. RedRaiderRocket

Got to admit the only reason why I am still playing the new maps only is because of the double xp. I get sick of playing the same exact map like 4 times in a row. It however was rather funny when we got picked to play the same map 4 times in a row for capture the flag, we all voted against it only to have the same map Storm come up again with demolition.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

The new maps should be available in the regular game modes now and double XP is not just for the Stimulus selection.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

For the first time in a long time, I almost crushed my controller...all because of 1 perk.

Commando.

Its one thing to jump forward 15 feet to stab someone...but it even gets more annoying when they swipe and their knife is an easy 6 feet from my face and I still die.

Ok, bed time.

5. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Just to let you PS3 guys know the map pack will be available on May 4th.

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I believe it's the same for PC.

7. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Sorry about that. I forgot to mention that as well. I think it's free for PC since PC users were pretty upset with MW2.

8. EssTooKayTD

Oh reaaaally? Even bettar.

9. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Yeah. I heard most PC users were highly pissed off at MW2. Were you one of those folks?

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I heard they were mad about online being limited to 6 on 6 which seems absurd to me.

11. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Yeah I heard about that as well. There was something else though. I can't find the article that said why PC users gave it such a bad rating.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

dedicated servers.

13. EssTooKayTD

Nah, not really. No dedicated servers is kind of crappy, but it's not terrible. Migrating hosts is a bit annoying, and having no one to police the players as they can in dedicated servers sucks.

The numbers didn't lie, I bet all those complaining about the game on PC still bought the game. I know Steam is supposed to have some anti-cheat thing going on, but it seems to suck.

At the same time, people are SO quick to accuse of cheating these days on PC it's pretty laughable. The biggest and really only complaint I have is the players themselves, haha.

14. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Yeah not having dedicated servers kinda sucks.

I know this might sound crazy but I stopped playing PC games after Quake 2. I played that game for nearly 7 years but the cheating just got out of hand. I was one of the best snipers with the railgun. Then players starting using speed hooks, speed bots, nose cheats, and things like that. All the cheating had taken all the fun out for me. After that I figured I wouldn't play any more PC games.