1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MW2 Map Pack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketJoe, Mar 12, 2010.

1. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Contributing Member

I just recieved an email from Amazon stating the following:

Take it FWIW. I looked online and there was no definite release date announced, but maybe Amazon dropped the ball?

If it is in fact coming out is anyone elese here going to pick up the DLC?

1 person likes this.
  2. YaosDirtyStache

BFBC2 > MW2

Enjoy new camping spots. Enjoy new exploits.

Modern Borefest 2

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I heard they were going to be releasing maps that were on COD 4.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You sound like someone that just isn't very good who b****es about campers

MW 2 is the 2nd best online game ever made only behind COD4

5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Really??? :rolleyes:

BFBC2 is so good that I'm not planning to play it. Heavy Rain here I come.

6. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

+1

Its a far better game IMHO.

7. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiE9KpjgvXE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiE9KpjgvXE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

8. RocketJoe

Cool Story Bro!

This is not to debate BFBC2 or MW2 or 360 or PS3. This is just a heads up to the people that do play MW2 with some info that we may be looking forward to.

9. mic

mic Contributing Member

I'm def getting the DLC. It's called the "Stimulus Package". To my understanding it contains some CoD4 maps along with some new ones as well.

Found this, so stoked!!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QtQEWaJSMD8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QtQEWaJSMD8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  10. RocketJoe

Good stuff man +1

I also found this straight from Microsoft..
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/codmw2_sp_110310.htm

They are allowing everyone with Live silver to play the Multiplayer right now. So for anyone that doesn't have Gold for the next couple of days you can play for MW2 MP.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I love MW2, but I hate playing domination. I always end up on a team of people who do nothing but camp for kills and we lose the game. I get that people like to have high K/D ratios, but what is legit about a 24-9 game where you didn't contribute anything of value? I'm always more impressed by the guy who went 16-15 and helped cap the flags and we won.

12. mic

mic Contributing Member

I wouldn't take this video as 100% legit, but it still gets me pumped. It does confirm what I heard before, which was that Crash, Overgrown, Vacant, and Shipment would be the CoD4 maps coming back.

Whatever, old or new, I'm ready for some more maps. :)

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I wish they'd get rid of a few personally.

Wasteland and Quarry. Hate both of them.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That Hutch video is nice...that dude is a baller. I watch his videos on Youtube...there are a bunch of those guys that are pretty sweet.

15. RocketJoe

Wasteland I can deal with. I hate Quarry though. Everytime that map comes up I try to skip it, but it never seems to pass.

16. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

ehhh i'm kinda sick of all the new aged video games. None of them seem to take that much skill anymore. I don't know if any of you ever played Rainbow 6 3 or rainbow6 3 black arrow on xbox but that was a game that took skill. No perks, no sprints you had to hit corners perfectly to get a good rush, had to us great teamwork to win or draw out a round and most importantly people couldn't pick up the game and be good in a week like CoD.

But that was the past so I guess i'm stuck with this game for now on

17. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Bout time, I was getting sick of Duty lately. Much need freshness!

1 person likes this.
  18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Damn, I HATE Vacant, I wish they wouldda thrown in Backlot or Ambush

Overgorwn is a GREAT map though, I am glad to hear they are bringing it back

19. Asian Sensation

That would be fun. I miss some some of those maps.

20. mic

mic Contributing Member

I really dislike Shipment... so I hope that one isn't included like it was rumored to be. At least in Rust there are places where you can elevate yourself. Shipment is all level, right? That map is a nightmare.

I'm not crazy about Vacant, but it can be fun sometimes. I love Crash and Overgrown.

I used to hate Quarry, but it's grown on me recently. Wasteland I absolutely abhor, though. It's an instant "vote to skip".

They seriously need to add Invasion, Skidrow, Highrise, and Terminal to the HC HQ playlist. It's way overdue. I'd settle for just those right now.