1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 30, 2010.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

To back that notion up, Rachel's letter to Bruce says something like: "I realize now that while Gotham might someday not need Batman, you will always need Batman yourself." This is the letter that Alfred burns.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="537" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1795300296001&playerID=43615479001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAABZ6q28~,ICeYm0MFe8ZqLlzTZFcx8sO4GMumstiu&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1795300296001&playerID=43615479001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAABZ6q28~,ICeYm0MFe8ZqLlzTZFcx8sO4GMumstiu&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="537" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

http://www.howitshouldhaveended.com/videos?bctid=1795300296001

Pretty funny and well done

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Hay guys! I finally watched this yesterday.

Can we still talk about it?? amirite?

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

We sure can thir!

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ill talk about it so hard.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

I wanna talk about it in a sexy voice.

7. B-Bob

I ONLY TALK IN THE BAT VOICE! (cough, cough.) Ouch. :(

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Trying to find the Gaffigan clip about someone wanting talk about "Heat."

9. MystikArkitect

Freakin awesome.

"Is it Bruce Wayne?"
    "How does everyone know my....!!.......maybe..."

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

That's pretty much a small summary of how bad this movie was. Can't believe people **** all over Prometheus and let this one get away.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Finally saw this. I was blown away. Batman Begins might have been the best movie of the series. The Dark Knight definitely had the best moments and the best performance in Heath Ledger. Dark Knight Returns was the most satisfying to me and it was the first time I left a Batman movie and wasn't somehow, in some way, a little disappointed. I just had a blast and it was full of awesome surprises. Finally, the fangasm I've been anticipating since opening night of the Tim Burton one in 1989. I thought Nolan's/Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman really found his groove in this one, Hathaway was amazing and was undoubtedly the best of all the movie/TV Catwomen (Berry, Pfeiffer, Kitt, Meriwether, and my prior fave, Julie Newmar), Hardy was great, Oldman and Caine were amazing. This, in the context of the other two excellent films in the trilogy, was the Batman movie I've been waiting for all my life.

1 person likes this.
  12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I thought JGL was pretty good as well, I really enjoyed it.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Good to see a positive review in here for once.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

I seem to be the only one that thought Pfeiffer was better than Hathaway, despite the latter being infinitely hotter. But they're very close. I thought Pfeiffer's catwoman was more sinister and just psychotic, which I thought was what catwoman was supposed to be. Hathaway's catwoman seemed to be a good person throughout the movie, despite her "big mistake" and that took some adjusting to the catwoman I had in mind.

15. Batman Jones

In the comics, Selina Kyle was never psychotic. That's just not who she is. She doesn't even go to Arkham Asylum when she goes to jail because she's like the only one of Batman's rogues that isn't insane. Sinister? She's not really that either. Hathaway's Catwoman was right out of the comics. It was one of those great comics-come-to-life things.

Pfeiffer was psychotic and sinister as you noted. Garden variety bad guy. That's not my Catwoman.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Pfeiffer was psychotic and sinister? I remember her being clumsy and awkward and pointless. I only watched that Batman once or twice. Hated all of the Tim Burton movies that repurposed the Batman universe.

17. Nero

Nero Member

She was more like Han Solo in this movie - vague moral compass, but essentially a good person.

I could see then trying another Catwoman spinoff movie with that specific character and actress playing the role, and having it be more about pullling clever cons, and defeating some genuinely bad guy, rather than a simple comic-book movie where she just winds up being another garden-variety vague superhero.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Not to an extreme, but yeah - Christopher Walken threw her out a window and she "died" but was brought back to life when some 583 stray cats licked her back to life (LOL). She was definitely damaged upstairs when she came back and had an extremely dark streak.

19. Batman Jones

God, me too.

20. B-Bob

Just took Mrs. B-Bob to see it, after watching the first two movies with her. (So this was my 2nd viewing of DKR, but now with refreshers from the first two.)

I enjoyed it, and I think Selina Kyle is easily the best female character / love-interest in the series, by a mile. She was terrific and actually had chemistry with Bale, I thought.

The big problem for me with this last movie is Talia though. It's just a subplot and a character that this movie doesn't need at all. In fact, it desperately needed to cut her.

She effectively: makes an unbelievable love connection with Bruce; makes Bane much less scary and much less important in the end of the film; has a stupid plot/knife twist, that leaves a terrible plot hole of Batman running around with a bad knife wound without effect; ruins the whole "Bane escaped" mythology by being a little kid who escaped the pit (what?)

I know Nolen was trying to hew to the comics (or that's what people tell me), but he should have left her out!

Also, audience laughed again when Gordon spills out of the wrecked truck next to a nuclear bomb. :)