1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Not one race of people. Mainly people getting on the same page and working together instead of fighting.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Result for the whole. Certainly in the workplace. I don't understand your tragedy comment. A person being fired, jailed, or what have you for bad behaviors due to their disagreement with a diverse group is a tragedy for that person. A subgroup that have targeted violence against them because they are different is a tragedy for those victims. Those are failure of the individuals and protection of those victims. They happen often, and we do progress through them. The benefit of a diverse group still outweigh these issues. The issues need to be addressed, of course, for it to benefit the whole. That's where different countries, regions have various ways of addressing them. If you don't want to ever address these issues, then perhaps homogeneity is better. But that's actually an unrealistic utopia. We have been getting closer and closer together, being more and more diverse over time. It started with physical movement, and now that's being accelerated virtually, so even homogeneous and isolated places (e.g. North Korea) are getting a taste of diversity and that trend will continue with technology advancement. To go the other way, is to go backward, put up walls and laws to exclude and protect one homogeneous group or "state".

3. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

The per capita income in that area is only $47,000. Connecticut has the 6th highest cost of living if you exclude D.C., Alaska and Hawaii.

Connecticut ranks 3rd in median household income if you exclude the 3 above mentioned territories. When you factor in all of this, they are in a lower income area.

Connecticut is also an open carry state, my point is still valid. I would not send my kids to a public school in lower income areas beyond third grade or worship publicly in a state with loose gun laws.

Also, what are the chances we see another elementary school shooting in our lifetime?

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I wish I could like this post 1,000 times.

Jump Ship likes this.
  5. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Because you disagree with a valid statement. Why worship publicly in states with loose gun laws? Why send your kids to public schools in low income areas in states with loose gun laws? That is where all of the mass shootings happen.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Almost as stupid as the American President trying to stop immigrants from "illegally" entering "our" country.

Same thing.

I wish a Cherokee would get elected president and then try to kick all non-natives out.

No Worries and Torn n Frayed like this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Do you agree with Tucker?

8. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Fixed

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You didn't convince me.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Like I said, I just read thru his writings and they didn't sound like the rantings of a madman. I'm sure you could ask a lot of people throughout the American and European world and they would agree with a fair bit of the anti-Muslim rhetoric.

His anti-imperialist line had to do with the fact that he felt that this gave people that he didn't want in his society and avenue to get into the society.
    He addressed the Australia point in his writing too.
    The Trump part was almost an afterthought relative to everything else.
    He calls himself a eco-fascist, ethno-nationalist and says the nation that he agrees most closely politically and socially was the PRC. It doesn't match perfectly, but China does have that campaign against the Muslims that I'm sure he looked fondly upon.
    The 2nd amendment part had to do with part of the reason why he chose the method of killing that he did. He stated he could have just used a truck loaded with TATP but wanted to use guns to create more controversy.

His ideology was thought out and basically coherent.

He is also a killer who wanted to kill people. I didn't say he was a nice person or that I agree with him.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm going to have to defend a Clinton here.

Screw these activists

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Got ya. I read the Bible, Torah, and Quran many years ago. I didn't read all of the Torah, it's too much if I remember. Anyways it's ALL probably BS if you ask me :eek:

13. malakas

malakas Member

Most muslims I know, if not all, eat pork and drink alcohol. Just because they are not real to their holy book and religion it doesn't change the content of the book itslef. The Quran says that men can have 2,3,4 wives. This is a plain fact.
    If you wish not to do it it's up to you but that's nothing more than an interpretation of Islam, same as others interprete Islam as a religion of hatred or that women should not be allowed to drive.

Oh and I will gladly cast stones to polygamous sobs. Whether they are muslims or christians.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Exactly you come to my words. Diversity is inevitable and diversity inevitably brings conflict. Conflict brings human tragedies.
    Sure in the long term civilization will benefit but in the meantime many thousands if not million of people will have suffered.

15. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Both wrong. No need to choose sides here.

Chelsea clintons wrong is part to blame for islamophobia and this activisists combativeness only fuels their anger and hate. They want to see that ****.

What’s crazy to think though is as a guy if I tried to pull that **** that she does on her Twitter I would be in jail.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the guy didn't talk about Clinton, but he did talk about Trump:

17. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

He doesn't like Trump -- he says his hero is Oswald Mosley.

18. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

He doesn't like Trump -- he says the figure je's most insp
    Yeah, but he follows that with
    "As a policy maker and leader? Dear god no."

Shortly before he wrote "Sir Oswald Mosley is the person from history closest to my own beliefs."

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet he recognizes Trump as part of the white nationalist movement which is very telling.

20. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I am surpised at the ability and speed of social media platforms to completely scrub the videos off the internet and keep them off. I would not have seen it if it was not shared through WhatsApp early this morning. I was surprised when i heard about it considering it happened the day before.

#280 Jump Ship, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019