1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey to blame?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Jan 22, 2013.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This is the guy to fire. He set up this stretch 4 small ball soft ****.
    He put all these pieces together. Oh wait, he still has a decade left to go. Next year guys. Even though I think an allstar might come Herr it won't be because of him.

2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Sign a real sf and get dwight from la and give them asik

3. nono

nono Member

Morey started the tweener pf revolution. That project should end with him.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Then what would be the reason for an All-Star coming?

Harden? Morey brought him here.

5. munco

munco Member

I like some things he's done and I like his extensive use if analytical. With that said I hate the firing/departures of JVG and Adelman for the hiring of McHale. This is assuming Morey made the call and nit Les.

I also hate how we never shoot mid-range shots even when they're wide open. Tonight Beverley had a wide open mid range shot with the quarter ending and instead he took two steps back to shoot a off balance three. I understand focusing on 3s and shots at the rim but to basically completely abandon the mid range shot seems insane and makes our already simple offense even more predictable.

Again, not sure if that's on Morey or McHale.

6. munco

munco Member

^^oops. Holy typos. I need to be more careful typing on an ipad

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

For those that don't know, there's a strong contingent of people here on Clutchfans that are so enamored with Morey that it borders on idolatry. In their hearts and minds he can do no wrong. He gets all the credit when things go right and none of the blame when things go wrong.

8. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Morey is the "coach" of this team. McHale is just a yes man.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

I don't think it's a love for Morey as much as empathy and realistic expectations. DM took a team that had two flawed stars, old guys and no cap rooms, so it's not like he should have a high bar to begin with. I mean, if he got a team like Minny which had Love, Jefferson and two top 5 lottery picks or OKC which had full capspace, KD and a top 5 pick you could look at it and say he did a piss poor job, but unlike other GMs DM started in a horrible position and you gotta wait for him to reach ground zero first by clearing all the cap out. Maybe if Tmac didn't fall out and Yao didn't get injured we wouldn't be in this mess, but Morey has had to rebuild without tanking and I think a lot of people will agree he did a decent job at it.

There's also the fact that Morey hasn't really done a big move since becoming GM other than getting Harden, previous to that his biggest move was advocating for the Gay-Battier trade. His tenure has been a bajillion mid-to small moves, most of which are wins but some are losses. So you see a lot of people excusing his misses because honestly who gives a **** about the 18th pick? Esp. when we had the 12th and another pick in the same draft? The thing with getting more small wins than losses though is it tends to pile up, and the end result of these is you got a lottery pick, a stop gap scorer and a decent prospect you could cash in for Harden.

10. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

The Timberwolves are hilarious. #2 Derrick Williams, #4 Wesley Johnson, #6 Jonny Flynn and #5 Ricky Rubio.

None of those guys are even rotation worthy and Rubio is a fringe NBA player.

They hit a home-run with Kevin Love and refuse to give him a 5-year deal and allegedly were saving it for their boy Mr. 35%FG Ricky Rubio.

They traded draft picks for Michael Beasley.

They traded Ty Lawson who was also drafted by them, and he's the best PG out of the bunch that they drafted.

If Ty was playing on their roster they might've actually made the play-offs this season. Oh boy, this is gold.

12. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

If you keep swinging for the fences, you are bound to go yard sometime. People will slowly start realizing Morey is just as mediocre as the next GM, like they are starting to realize Schaub isn't as good as they thought he was.

13. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

anyone else know when Morey's contract is up cos we all know Les is too cheap to fire him lol not when he's turning up profits and no luxury taxes

14. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When is this going to happen?
    Put Chris in the Big Seat already!
    Time for him to take his lumps too

Rocket River
    I beleive in playing rookies and seeing what they can do!

16. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Morey is always to blame, ultimate responsibility goes to the top guy. There's nothing to blame him for though, give the roster some time.