1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey says Rockets "have something up [their] sleeve"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

:eek:

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Eighteen years ago in a secret lab...
    [​IMG]

Yesterday in Nigeria...
    [​IMG]

3. Daddy Long Legs

Starting line up of

Harden
    Steph
    Lance stephenson
    Cody Zeller
    Clint Capela

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

We are going to start paying certain people off. :cool:

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs and BigMaloe like this.
  5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I was being facetious but how much more aggressive can we get? We were extremely aggressive in philosophy already last year.

Double down? Can we get even more aggressive in our style?

Cherry pick offense? Only play 4 defenders while always having a player ready for the outlet pass?

6. RedHotRockets01

Unless we miraculously land Paul George AND Jimmy Buckets AND DeMarcus Cousins, we ain't even in the conversation.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

While it's probably all conjecture, I really do enjoy Morey speaking with this tone. In the past off seasons he's generally said something along the lines of : we aren't going to make a huge change or something safe like: we will try with some free agents. I don't remember him being so coy with a response. Something up our sleeves. Now what is in his sleeve is what we are all left wondering. Hopefully it's a snake or two.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Okay so we're going out of our comfort zone to add talent. Does that mean traditionally bad fit, or a cancer type talented player?

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Maybe Morey intends to make a run at Iggy? This hurts GS while helping the Rockets.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Problem is we have to get TO the Warriors in the first place.... Not choke in the second round.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They do...it's eczema.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lebron James, the best player bar none in 2+ decades, just averaged a triple double in the Finals, playing next to an assassin of a point that made layups around the rim that just physically didn't seem possible, had a former top 2 all star PF who wasn't great but did have some great games in the Finals and they lost 4-1 getting annihilated twice.

But Morey has something up his sleeve??

Never mind the top 3 player comment. I mean I don't mind the comment. I do mind what is now 4 years of them sucking at the teet of Harden, always feeling undervalued like you have to correct guys, etc. for a guy that consistently has wtf moments in the playoffs. There were at least 3 players playing last night that are better than Harden and arguing otherwise is just dumb.

I would say I'm done with Morey.... but I know his hands are tied organizationally. But nevertheless as the years go by he becomes less and less impressive. It's been a long time now and he was handed Yao and TMac. And we're at an overvalued Harden and scrub city.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Harden: "They ain't even that good!"
    Morey: "They are not unbeatable"

Meanwhile

[​IMG]

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  14. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

we just need some players who can get away with injuring other star players for opposing teams zaza, and draymon im looking at you, and not get suspended

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

aka need more beverley's

16. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Alot of proof in this thread of why this fanbase might be the worst in sports...

Do you want him to reply by saying ya we have no chance vs the warriors? lol
    What he has done with the resources we have given him is astonishing, we had a better record than the cavs this year and they play in the east. they have 3 superstars .
    Iam not saying we are gonna beat golden state...they have the best shooting backcourt in the history of this league with KD and green. Iggy off the bench.Idont see them losing in any of the next 3 years to be honest with you but i do think we have the second best shot of beating them after he spurs and that says alot.
    Show some gratitude to where we are even after we struck out bigtime on our biggest FA signing in our history.

We are a PG trade away from being the second best team in the league

seeingred likes this.
  17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I agree with everything you say but it may take more than a PG or Ace up Morey's sleeve to beat the Spurs in a 4 out of 7 game series especially if the Spurs get Chris Paul. The Rockets need to get much much better defensively period.

18. Daddy Long Legs

train a lot of zazas. Its a threat

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I want hims to shut up and not talk to the media about whatever plans we might or might not have. Pretty simple.

We are a Lebron trade away from being the second best team in the league and that will happen way before the Pacers trade PG for whatever garbage we have here unless you're trading Harden.

20. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Thought I should share if you haven't seen this already..

Deuce likes this.