1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Milo vs Maher

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Y'all can choose to hate him as much as you do, but I think this shows he isn't nearly as awful as you've been led to believe.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Why is the left so afraid of a gay jew?

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Here's the thing about Milo. His 'anti-pc' open debate shtick is fine.

But I hope he knows the OTHER 70% of the reason why people are scared shitless of Trump which has nothing to do with our modern social condition and that's his competence and cognitive abilities.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I like them both. A lot of what they said is right. The hysterical extreme left is certainly worse than this Milo dude, and actually worse than Breitbart. If you think about what an idiot Ben Affleck was on this same show, he is a perfect example of an ignorant, wannabe-do-gooding leftist. Those are the people who made Trump possible.

Was that actually the full interview, or is there a second part?

5. fchowd0311

I disagree. Briebart is dangerous. More dangerous than young naive and bright Berkeley students. I'm sorry.

Astrodome likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Breitbart is a very conservative, right-wing part of the news media. Whether you agree or disagree with them, they should be allowed to exist. But the leftists want to shout people down. People like Milo. They don't want them to even be allowed to express themselves. The far left is very totalitarian like that. You see it on this forum, too. People like glynch have unsuccessfully tried several times to get people like me banned. They don't want debate and discussion. They want to silence those who disagree with them. That's stalinist, or, if you want a more modern example, Erdogan-style.

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You keep bringing that up. What does him being gay or Jewish have to do with anything here?

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Would you rank breitbart as more dangerous than BLM?

9. fchowd0311

That's a false equivalency. Most of those niave college kids don't care if Milo says his **** on his own platform just like they don't care if Briebart exists. It's just they don't want them on their campus. As tuition paying students, they see it as 'their turf'. I don't agree with the principle. I think if their convictions are strong enough on their own merit, they shouldn't fear him in a debate setting but I think you are beating a strawman here. The vast majoirty of liberals don't believe that Breibart ought not to exist. It's just they are scared shitless that that type of rhetoric is being whispered into the ear if our Commander and Cheif on a steady stream by its former executive chair.

There are dozens of far right online publications and message boards. Briebart is singled out for a reason.

#9 fchowd0311, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

When Breitbart has published literal and provable falsehoods as news and pushed anti-Semitic narratives and denigrated women (almost to the extent of a radical Islamist might, I'll add, in some cases), I have a problem with that, and that's not being part of the news media; it's more like a broadcast 4chan platform. Have no problem with just pushing conservative agendas, but that's different and there is a line to cross, IMHO.

Agree with you that the far left has gone too far in thinking shutting people down is an okay tactic for anything. I see it in my workplace and it makes me sick. I'm not sure how to get through to these people, especially as we all drift to more and more divisive places and we currently have a president who would love to further divide us.

Disagree with you that the left is exclusively why Trump is President. It's just one piece of a very ugly American pie.

Finally, I watched the OP's Maher interview clip with the guy, and I have to say I took four things away from it: good for Maher for trying; Milo is kind of boring, actually, despite attempts to have a schtick; Milo doesn't seem to be a good listener and therefore not one for conversation or discussion; and Milo doesn't strike me as very intelligent.

Meh. Never really heard from him before and don't feel I need to keep up with him. Wish we had more intelligent people involved as public figures of debate in general.

Cheers.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

His protesters in Berkeley were nothing like typical leftists or liberals, they were black bloc militants.

Far from typical.

JeffB and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

#12 txppratt, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  13. jsingles

jsingles Member

He posted that at 3:10AM. I remember being 19, little responsibilities, no career. What a pathetic life I was living.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What a boring and pointless interview; they didn't even talk about anything specific - just recited vague platitudes about free speech and humor.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Fermented crap doesn't think that other fermented crap smells bad.

I'm surprised you haven't drowned in your own sea of ignorance yet.

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With the CPAC invite for Milo, establishment conservatives are feeling free to be more open about who they really are.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Milo is a pseudo intellectual troll, he even admits he is mostly an entertainer...but the right are so devoid of intelligence that they desperately latch on to anybody they think can champion their racist and discriminatory views even if they are stupid to even the most average observer. Strange times we live in...strange times.

DonnyMost likes this.
  18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Really confused by his inability to see the similarities between gay and trans problems but it just leads me to believe he is either delusional or saying provocatively charged claims for more publicly.

DonnyMost likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This actually makes him worse.

Why is this person worthy of attention?

He's a Kardashian of the white supremacist/misogyny/hate monger world who's famous for being famous and not much else.

He's distraction from the real ****ers.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.