1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by haoafu, Jun 4, 2012.

1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Tht highlight mix is sick.. and everything in that video translates well to the NBA

He is a better version of Parsons, his D is SICK

I WANT HIM BAD... no homo

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Between Robinson, Gilchrist, Beal, and Barnes. I doubt any of those guys go lower than five.

3. jvu

jvu Member

4. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

After years of letting his stuttering silence him, Kidd-Gilchrist no longer fears talking about his condition – or anything else. "I d-d-don’t care about w-w-what people think about me anymore," Kidd-Gilchrist said. "This is my life, not their l-l-life. I have to l-l-live it. They d-d-don’t. "It’s been a big battle for me just mentally. I’m just fighting through it. … I don’t mind it no m-m-more." Yahoo! Sports

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I think who ever drafts him is going to need to be patient. He has some good qualities(attitude, work ethic and passion for the game), but his skills are very raw. He's handle and jumpshot are two of his biggest problems offensively. Not to mention he's frame need's more development, but given his age that will come with time.

I personally wouldn't take him in the top 5 given his how raw he is, but with time he can make people like me regret passing on him.

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

My favorite player in the draft.

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

With the rumored MKG workout for us not happening, possible Cavs/Kings trade(#4/#5) and Doc Rocket's 'faith', 'heavenly' comments, We may have a good chance to steal the whole draft by picking MKG who I firmly believe will be a star in a few years and ultimately a superstar.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Royce White is a clown for his comments on Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yea and his speed and athleticism is wat separates him from parsons

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No disRespect to you but c'mon maaaaaaan!!!! Parsons was not even a 1st team rookie or 1st round lottery type draft pick. Michael Kidd Gilchrist is just a flat out better player we will see that this upcoming year.

11. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

MKG reminds me of a young shawn marion...awkward release and all

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And he is a double double threat everytime for a SF he plays life a PF

13. Htown's2kFinest

If can get MKG and we trade him in a package for Dwight, with no D-Will... That's gonna be a tough one to take if things don't go our way.

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Royce, on Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: "I don't like that kid. He's too hyped up. He's not as good as they think he is. He's a kid. I'm a man."</p>&mdash; Pablo S. Torre (@SIPabloTorre) <a href="https://twitter.com/SIPabloTorre/status/218019914303287296" data-datetime="2012-06-27T16:36:12+00:00">June 27, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

Bob Finnan: NBA draft: Kidd-Gilchrist looking like Cavaliers' pick at No. 4 - http://bit.ly/MXG7mZ

:mad:

I wanted him to fall to 5. (provided we actually have a chance to pick there ofcourse...)

16. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I'm just guessing, but I think one of the things holding the Kings up from trading the 5th pick is they are hoping MKG falls to them -- which I do not think is going to happen. So, even if he were to fall to 5, I don't think Houston could get him -- which is a shame, because I think he is going to be a real fun player to watch for the next 15 years and is going to bring a lot to whatever team(s) he is on.

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

In that case, this could be a blessing for us.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You didn't answer the question. What does he do that significantly better than Parsons?

19. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

I don't think he fits our needs right now. We need a lead player, not a glue guy like MKG. He's obviously better than Parsons, but given that we already have Parsons at a pretty good price (2nd-round money) and Morris, we should look to shore up other positions.

20. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

If Cavs selects MKG at #4, we likely will select Ross at #12. And I think we very likely will get MKG through the trade based on what's happening lately.

#100 haoafu, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012