1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] FX's Legion (2017)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 10, 2016.

1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Just curious...what was up with the Miami Vice-esque credits rolling at the end? Seemed a little...different.

This guy...The Eye...is an absolute trip...hope he sticks around. Reminds me somewhat of Jaws from the Bond movies. Doesn't say much...you can just tell he's a badass dude.

[​IMG]

2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The devil with Yellow Eyes is absolutely terrifying, him being able to alter and block Bird & co. in David's memories is wierd stuff.

Him knowing Lenny prior too Clockworks from the vapor scene was cool and Aubrey Plaza owned that scene.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

This last episode was trippy but in a good way, really like how they are dealing with David's memories.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Is Lenny real? In the scene with his GF, the GF only tries to talk to David.

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Yeah, Lenny was real she had definite conversations/acknowledgements with Syd and the therapist in the hospital and David's sister in the drug scene. Before Syd accidentally killed her while being trapped in David's body with his powers.

She is probably his chaotic personality in her death or Atleast pushes him into chaos that he can't control yet. It's also possible he could be seeing her in another dimension. He's already shown he can teleport into different dimensions (spying on the eye interrogating his sister) would explain the Devil with Yellow Eyes? Maybe. He may in fact be a god as Bird mentioned.

I'm not sold on him being crazy. Everything he's seeing/hearing are being revealed as reality, a reality most can't see except Syd for now (she's seen the Devil w/ye)

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I am losing interest in the show myself. It's a bit of a slow burn for me. I don't feel like I'm getting enough each episode. It feels like it would make me feel like TWD before I ultimately quit it :/ I really wanted to like the show too.

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The Devil with Yellow Eyes is certainly unpleasant, but it's that big-headed World's Angriest Boy in the World that I need to be killed with fire! Somebody take a bat to that papier mache buttmunch! The book mangling Jean Smart's hand was nuts.

Not exactly action-packed X-Men stuff, but I'm enjoying.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I won't give up, but I'm definitely not loving this show as much as everyone seems to be. These episodes don't make me want to tune in every week; I still have 30 minutes left to watch from last week's episode.

9. likestohypeguy

Ah it goes on til 10:18, and it's only thirty minutes in... ugh

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Since there is no dog . . .. i guess it is the Shadow King

Rocket River

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think the show has a ton of potential. It will take a decent budget to achieve that though.

12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

This show is getting weirder and wierder, like Twin Peaks level.

I hope there's more of Jemaine, my favorite so far of his personalities. Not sure which one that is.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Are we clear at all on what the Eye's (perm dude) powers are? I thought he was psychic or something, but he became the psychiatrist at the light house. Was he just clouding their minds or something at the time?

14. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Apparently he also has anti-bullet powers too. I liked the way this episode ended...lots of action mixed with lots of wtf.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Episode 5 was interesting to say the least.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Really enjoyed the last episode, think its just the right amount of weirdness. The whole this is rather trippy.

17. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

This show is like the love child of The Wall, The Shining, and 2001.

18. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I think this is my favorite show on TV.
    The storytelling is fantastic, this really reminds me a lot of David Lynch and Twin Peaks. It's shot incredibly well and every character is played incredibly well also.

I've had a celeb crush on Aubrey Plaza for a couple years and Lenny is one of her sexiest roles.

The Astral Plane stuff, I haven't quite grasped. And his ability for people he can create (or the Devil With Yellow Eyes created and can make him and others forget) in his astral plane too bring them into existance (like Lenny)

I like that we like the characters don't know exactly what's real or not. Unreliable narration.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So so very confused

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Last episode BALLED OUT. The approach to it... the visuals... blown away.