1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March 2020: Short Rotations again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why Thabo, Carrol, Bruno, cannot get a few minutes?
    Why is BMac coming in for Covington
    A front court rotation of House, Green, P.J and Covington is not enough

We need to keep fresher legs

Rocket River

2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tucker killed us this game, he can’t create and can’t score midrange or underbasket - almost like having Capela out there .. knicks kept 2-3 people in paint

D-rock, hakeem94 and ak99999 like this.
  3. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

"When the going gets tough, pj tucker"

- mike tony

carib, roslolian and Easy like this.
  4. JackLordsHair66

He sucked in every way possible tonight, maybe he and Harden were out late last night but his guy is embarrassing going to the basket. Every time he tries to take it to the hole you know 98% he is going to miss, or look like he’s never shot a layup in his life, I love what PJ normally does for us but he was flat out garbage out there most of the night and a ZERO on offense entirely (and not better on D sadly).

ak99999, pr0wler, Nelly and 4 others like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thabo might still have the flu. no excuse for carroll not playing, especially since he's such a scrappy rebounder

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You guys really thought MDA would play a 10-man rotation? LOL

Deckard, hakeem94, arubato and 9 others like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

MDA cannot help himself, I knew it was a bad sign Carroll didn’t get much pt before and Thabo is now a benchwarmer when he was playing great lately. Or maybe tonight he wanted to send a message: no effort, face the consequences, but I seriously doubt he’s that type of coach.

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  8. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I sincerely hope our coaches & management aren't immune to putting in Chandler or Hartenstein for brief stretches to mix things up. Our system is a full time blitz right now. Chandler can finish lobs and would be effective pairing with Harden whenever Westbrook sits. At least throw Carroll in to relieve Tucker in a game vs ****

fattz, Houtho, Crashlanded19 and 6 others like this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

MDA's eternal **** up. He always screws his own chances of winning a title. It's always the same cycle: get overly confident from going small, and then stupidly projecting that success into his regressive perception about fatigue.

Shame. It is the only reason he doesn't have a title, and if this much trauma hasn't changed him then I don't think he ever will. It's the only reason I don't think we should extend him. If he doesn't change his approach, we will have the same results:

Miss a lot of shots due to fatigue, and then he denies it's related because "well they don't practice that much". Stupid.

10. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

MDA pulled a Brad Stevens. Some Celtics fans were super salty with Brad's rotation when they played the Rockets last game.

I thought it was only Rockets fans who have a "beef" with their team's head coach and rotation decisions. ;)

DMC and perhaps Caboclo should have got some burn against the Knicks. Barrett just about owned every Rocket who came at him, maybe give him a different look with DMC. After PJ's heroics in Boston, he was running on fumes and the Knicks were just tall. There was a play where he had excellent position and Gibson just grabbed the ball over PJ's outstretched hands.

Adjustments could have led to a different result.

D-rock, hakeem94, carib and 2 others like this.
  11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

He is a guy they need to use to play the matchup

saleem likes this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Im never embarrassed of Tucker, yall need to give him a break, he does almost everything for this team defensively,

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

below is one of the best quotes / thinkings on our rotations MDA sticks to
    (which I just need copy n paste)

@ApacheWarrior

though we have been on a right track ever since we started playing 'micro ball', and obviously whenever team D is there, everything click on,
    but still three things on top my hatred list:
    1. limited rotations (8-9 players), no matter against elite teams or a team like Knicks
    2. no discipline, resulting in mind-boggling TOs and a deadly collapse of D esp while matters mostly (usually on clutch)
    3. endlessly bricks 3s w/o considering situations (it is also have something to do with 'discipline')

#13 DeBeards, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  14. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

This is the typical PJ offersive-performance,Apart from the three-point kick from the bottom corner, his contribution to the offensive end is almost zero. He can't attack the opponent's paint area or even put the ball into the basket.

D-rock likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

He doesnt need to, if you are a knock down corner shooter and you have defensive impact than thats cool with me.

RyanB, pr0wler and jeevinesh like this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Yup and @Mathloom I agree if he hasn't learned from his mistake before, he probably never will. The new additions immediately getting playing time gave me false hope though. But like in previous years, guys who did well all of a sudden go to DNP CD and guys who keep bricking and not bringing it on defense will continue to get minutes.

DeBeards likes this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

it's so depressed seeing things over n over n over, and you just can help on
    I feel sure DMC, Thabo n bruno can play.....but....

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sad..... 2 and 3 May be cause by #1

Rocket River

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden misses a easy layup to put the rockets ahead and people in here b****ing about the rockets not playing 10 people. in a game where they came back from down 20+.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

How come #2 can be caused by #1?……7-8 rotation leads to fatigue, and then lack of focus? undiscplined?