1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Spears: Dwight's knee is bone on bone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Um...This is bad if true. I doubt he has no cartilage left in his knee though. They wouldn't bring him back on Saturday if that was the case.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping that he has seen some promising early signs.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

O.K. just let a meteor get a direct hit on Houston and get this over with once and for all. Metering sports tragedies a little at a time over a period of decades is too much to take. Let's just have one big shot, like a crater that reaches from the TC to ERG stadium. That should do it. Pain over.

4. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Wow, this is horrible, I reallly feel for Dwight.

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Howard to change his number to 50?

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think clutchfans.net is collectively trying to process the appropriate response... I think we all know how bad this is... but we are almost not even surprised because of our history with this. And we know we should be upset. But honestly, I am desensitized to season/career-ending injuries. I'm a Rockets fan.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ENXvZ9YRjbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Throttle

Throttle Member

so is harden gona leave coz of this?

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Why is this a five star thread?

9. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes seriously. Asik had proven to be both a great fit with the team and a great defensive anchor at the 5 spot. Pairing him with a better 4 (like Milsap, who was available at the time) would have given this team a formidable front court with enough cap room left over to add a top free agent that would make us a legit contender.

Dwight is more athletic and a better shot blocker, but at twice the cost he was older, coming off a couple of injury-plagued years and is only marginally better offensively (basically, he can make alley oops that Asik can't).

I know the NBA is a stars league, but you have to get the right stars to win it all. If it turns out Dwight is broken down, his abilities as a younger player are meaningless and it means we chose to blow our cap space unsuccessfully on a position where we already had a strong option.

If you don't think this would haunt the Rockets, then I don't know what to say.

10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

With Clowney, now Dwight down, I'm starting to feel we're cursed.

11. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Lovely day when your hope is a player doesn't really know what he is talking about with respect to his own medical condition.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Bone on bone could be an exaggeration... OR ... we could be in for another Tmac situation. Worse case scenario is a trade setup and then he shuts it down on trade deadline day without telling anyone. And then I get a Bud Weiser instead of Heineken.

13. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

can we be honest. do we ever need dwight to be the focal point of this offense? does it ever work? no. as long as he can defend and rebound at a high level nothing is going to change.

15. Amir's Johnson

Yea, Harden is packing his bags at this moment.

16. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Watching Asik 2 nite. Same ole hands of brick. Nothing new here. And of course someone threw him the ball at mid-court. Care to guess the result ? lol.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

nothing to worry about, plenty of stars knees are bone on bone

fans here overreact as usual

18. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

This.

and where is Feigen with any of this, or espn laughing at Howard?

How do you prevent a bone from rubbing on a bone again?

Im not concerned becuz, these quotes are confusing and i need a capable NBA writer to explain this all to me.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Defend and rebound ["at a high level"] for $21 million? Ouch!

20. PeacePeace

PeacePeace Member