1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Make your final 3 cuts (Sura excluded)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCityReturns, Oct 25, 2007.

?

I want to cut... (choose 3)

Poll closed Oct 29, 2007.
  1. John Lucas III

94.8%
  2. Carl Landry

4.5%
  3. Steve Novak

44.4%
  4. Kirk Snyder

23.1%
  5. Justin Reed

87.5%
  6. Jackie Butler

41.8%
  7. Other (please list)

2.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Details man. Who said it?, What station?, etc..

2. Rocket_Man_2.0

790 Sports Animal..I wouldn't lie to you ...you can trust Rocketman.... :cool:

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lucas and Novak are gonners...makes the most sense financially

Reed will be cut if Snyder doesn't get traded but the speculation seems right on so we could keep Reed and lost out on lots of money.

Morey will be on 610 at 8 am every Wednesday. He did say that he had trades on the table so the Snyder rumor might be true.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

and not lose out.... :eek:

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So you first said they said Sura, Lucas, Novak HAD BEEN RELEASED. Now you are saying they said they would be released Monday. Which one is it?

6. Rocket_Man_2.0

My bad..Replace HAVE BEEN with WILL BE.... ;)

7. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

You have to be placed on waivers before you can be released and it takes like two to three days before you can clear waivers, so it's possible that they were waived today so that they can be cut by Monday's deadline.

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I guess 790's audience is SO BAD that he was the ONLY person to hear it the ONLY time they said it all day and SportsRadio 610 (official station for the Rockets) really suck at getting info from the team since they haven't reported a thing.

9. mogrod

The only problem is that Morey himself earlier in the week said, if they were to make cuts, they were going to be closer to or on the Monday deadline rather than the 26th (today).

10. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Yeah, I think that's more appropriate. If the Rockets really did do anything it would be all over the radio. I think they were giving opinions on what was going to happen today, not what was really going to happen.

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

790>>610 yEAH i said it! :p

12. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

I thought I heard them talking during one of the Memphis games that you have to waive someone before you can release them from the team and that it takes a few days to clear waivers. Can we still do a trade if someone on the team is on waivers?

13. mogrod

That's what I'm assuming to and he just heard the tail end of it or something.

When judging if info posted on this site is real or not, I always go by the "Rule of 3"

If something really breaks or relevant info is reported on the radio or TV, there will be 3 threads started about it at the exact same time.

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I think we should cut Lucas, Snyder, Reed, and Novak, and then bring Harris back.

15. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

I think we should trade Tmac, Head, Snyder, Novak, Lucas, Reed, & Sura's contract for Kobe & baby Walton. Then bring Mike Harris back.

JUST KIDDING. I know that wouldn't happen. But it would be nice! :D

16. FeedReed

FeedReed Member

lol u people thought they'd actually waive Reed, a solid bench player when given a chance instead of some of these nobodies? give me a break.

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Since all of the remaining Rockets players (with the exception of Landry, who should make the team) have guaranteed deals, there is no downside to waiting until Monday to waive them. The rationale for waiving certain players is that, if those players have non-guarateed deals, the team has to pay them for the 2-3 days it takes for that player to clear waivers. Since the Rockets' players have guaranteed deals, they are getting paid their money either way. Therefore, no downside to waiting until Monday.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

who the hell is reed though...

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

A guy with two years left on his deal. Unlike all the other guys on the bubble.

20. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Cut Novak, Lucas, and Reed.

Keep Butler because his beard is freakin' awesome!! :cool: