1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[lulz] Video mashup of Sean Elliott calling Harden's 61pt game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Mar 23, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Inspired by @Zboy's thread, I present the Elliott call complete with laugh track.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nothin' good comes out of Elliott.

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be honest it is the other guy who looks a tad like Worrell laughing sound.

Blackjack84 likes this.
  4. Pete the Cheat

I dunno that was pretty good

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Elliot sounds like a cornball

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Sean Dumb Elliott ... :cool:

luckyman76, Tfor3 and daywalker02 like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Look, I ****ing survived it, he was a cunt and I don't give **** about filters here. I thought Houston had some homers but hey at least we're sober.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Did Elliott actually randomly bring up Jordan when talking about Harden?

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Deuce, Tfor3 and BMoney like this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, Elliot, "don't fool yourselves"... he's such bad analyst... Haha, I mean he's acting like he'd be able to guard Harden, and obviously he's gonna be one sided but it was great watching him eat his words there. Harden out scored the whole Spurs team in the first quarter, and took over when it was needed. Absolutely amazing performance.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would have been something if he commented on Kevin Martin...... dun fool urselves.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

That failed physical in a trade for Sean Elliot was the best that ever happened for the 1994/1995 Rockets teams.
    Robert Horry was so angry motivated, he said to himself "screw this I'm going to keep shooting" he played like a different player after the failed trade. Hitting clutch 3s, game winning 3s. Sam Cassell also was clutch. Robert in his fairness was really young in his 2nd season, drafted in 1992. Rudy Tomjanovich started the modern stretch 4 basketball, really was the first pioneer especially in 1995 when Robert played as a Power Forward. Without Robert there would be no stretch 4, now in this modern era. Stretch 4 is popular with Mike DAntoni.

13. HookemHorns1250

Anytime you have to throw in "Don't fool yourself, Jordan is the better scorer" in your pregame talk about a guy instead of just saying something positive, you know you're in for a long night as a listener.

UTSA2step likes this.
  14. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Not sure why the rockets so actively tried to trade horry. He revolutionized the game as the first pure stretch 4 (who could also score). My guess is rebounds in a tougher era, but the rockets did not know what they had. Back then if a big knocked down a three they went at him in the post and tried to bully him on the glass. Too bad morey was not around to tell them three points are worth more.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I heard it yesterday on youtube. It was a real pain to hear such biased stuff. No objectivity at all.
    Bill Worrell on the other hand said, is there any better mid-range shooter than DeRozan? This was despite having Chris Paul. Our homers aren't that bad.

UrbanEnterprise likes this.
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

You should watch Clutch City, great documentary, watch on torrent. Robert had confidence issues plus being young, very happy he proved the Rockets GM Steve Patterson wrong. Later on Asst Coach on 1994/1995 teams Caroll Dawson traded Robert Horry, Sam Cassell for Charles Barkley which ruined the youth on the team, plus Charles was so old, short, no shot blocking, can't move laterally, famous John Stockton, Charles Barkley switch and 3 pt shot Stockton to win and eliminate the Rockets. Yeah I cried, when looking back at this Barkley trade, Charles really sucked, backing down post move is a lazy play by Barkley, which is now a violation, Thanks Charles.

17. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

He was so bad to watch they had to change the rules to take that ish out the game.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Michelle Beadle, Sean Elliot, Forrest Whitley all badmouthed James Harden. Karma can get you.

Forrest Whitley on his twitter has a Ginobili block on Harden, of all the Tim Duncan Championships he chose that.

Michelle Beadle openly hates James Harden, always chose Stephen Curry or Russell Westbrook, now Giannis this year, why does have a vote. Now Houston don't have a single vote.

Sean Elliot been salty since Hakeem Olajuwon destroyed and embarrassed David Robinson.

UTSA2step and buffalobills!!! like this.
  19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Worrell is a homer on fouls, but he never tries to diminish opponents' talents or accomplishments, especially their star players. I've heard the Spurs', Mavericks' and I think Denver's broadcast guys take shots at Harden. Makes them seem really unprofessional.

skroodup25, Deuce, BigMaloe and 9 others like this.
  20. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/robert-horry-kobe-phil-jackson-lakers

"A month after that Christmas party, I got a call from my agent telling me I was being traded to Detroit for Sean Elliott. The only explanation was “Houston wants more scoring.” It’s the middle of February. It’s snowing, cold as hell. I got off the plane and I’ve never been so depressed in my life. Matt Bullard was involved in the deal too, and I remember we were all dressed and getting ready to go out for warmups when somebody from the Pistons organization grabbed my shoulder and said, “Hold up. Sean hasn’t passed his physical yet. We have to hold you out as a precaution.” They wanted us to sit on the bench, but I thought that would be weird, so I asked them to let us sit in the owner’s box.

The next day, I got a call from my agent saying, “They found a problem with Sean’s kidney. The trade is off. Ya’ll are going back to Houston.”

Me and Matt jumped in that car and drove to the airport so fast that I don’t even think we hit the brakes when we pulled into the parking lot. We did a ninja-roll out of the car and onto that plane. That car might still be rolling somewhere in the midwest. After that day, my mentality was, **** it. I’m shooting. I’m playing Robert Horry ball. Now you read the history and all people know is that we won the title that season. Then we won it again in ’95. They know me as Big Shot Bob. But the reality is that if it wasn’t for a medical emergency, I might have been known as the depressed dude slumped over in the press box. There are so many winding paths and forks in the road in this game."

We owe a lot to Sean and his kidney.