1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Longhorns Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As a big Kansas Jayhawk fan, this game has me worried a bit. Texas is long and athletic, and playing really good defense. Sounds like the crowd is really into it as well. Looks like it could be a potential trap game for Kansas.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

UT bigs really showing themselves well. I was worried Embiid would school everyone

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Sucks all the seats got filled I really wanted to go to this game. But Texas looks really good so far hopefully they can keep Wiggins and Embid contained

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Starting to wonder if Kansas will hit an outside shot today...

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Impressive 1st half for the Horns

6. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

Just saw the scoreboard. WOW. Great 1st half for the Longhorns. Hopefully they can keep it up!!

7. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Got to the drum two hours before the game and couldn't get in. The event staff needs to get their **** together. I was pretty mad about it but at least the games on ESPN. We are doing work. Hook em

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

KU has to start hitting from outside. UT's length and size has them confounded inside. If UT doesn't commit a bunch of fouls in the 2nd half, they will be in good shape.

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

WOW. Prince Ibeh just blocked Wiggins and Embiid on consecutive possessions.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Isaiah Taylor was an incredible find for Barnes. Best part of this year's young team is there are no one-and-dones on this roster.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Geez, I though Hack-a-Dwight was hard to watch

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Ridley is awesome. What a beast. Great win for the Horns. Gotta love Taylor and Ibeh too.

13. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

What a win! One of the most exciting Texas teams to watch in a while, and Taylor is quickly becoming one of my favorite players to watch. Hook 'em.

14. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Very exciting game to watch. Was definitely on the 'fire-Barnes' bandwagon, but he really knows how to develop players. His downfall is his inability to coach nutjobs and high-ego players.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yep. High maintenance players won't mesh well with Barnes' style of coaching and leadership. The best thing Barnes could've done was shut down the Canadian pipeline and stop bringing in players based on their star rating. And he did it just in time to keep his job.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Rematch is on Saturday, February 22nd @ Kansas. Can't wait.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Great win, Horns!

18. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Sorry to hear you guys didn't get in. I showed up 2.5 hours early, and my friends and I were the last students to get in. That was an absolute fiasco. All of the drunk frat kids next to me were threatening to riot. The staff at the FEC needs to get its act together. There were more Kansas fans than students; that's unacceptable. /end rant.

But anyway, great game by Texas. We won because we played outstanding defense and shut down Embiid and Wiggins. Taylor and Holmes could not be stopped, and Lammert and Ibeh had good games as well. Felix continues to struggle with his jump shot. He's a rhythm shooter though, so I'm sure he will be fine once he breaks his slump.

19. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

You're mad because people got there earlier than you did? How about you step up your game.

20. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Look what I just said above. There were more Kansas fans than UT students at the game. Some 2000 UT students were turned away. That is absolutely ridiculous.