1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's get the prediction in before the playoffs: do you believe smallball will survive the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 31, 2020.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I think you could possibly make the case they fit better together on the offensive end but not on the defensive/rebounding parts of the game.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets have great potential, but this team can't hang with Clippers/Lakers. Clippers depth and Lakers rebounding/interior scoring is too much in a 7 game series. Probably can beat anybody else in the West, though.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’d definitely rather have all nba defensive RoCo over CC defensively. That’s an extremely easy choice

diehardrockets and hakeem94 like this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don't think we beat Denver. Bigs are too skilled and they play good defense and can score.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

They have already shown that they can.

Rockets lose interest in weak sister teams like Knicks, Warriors or Hornets but that will not be a problem in bubble.

diehardrockets and hakeem94 like this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Styles do not win championships, players do. If the rockets don't win it's because we don't have the right personnel around our stars.

The warriors and spurs have won with lots of ball movement. The cavs won creating out of isolations. Heat went small, Warrior closed with a small lineup. Lakers won with size in 2010.

Whatever gets the most out of your roster that's what you should do. Is small ball what's best for us ? Maybe maybe not. We have defenses lapses that aren't really
    About size so we can get better. And if this has proved one things its rebounds are not the end all be all. We don't want to give up too many offensive rebounds but we do not even have to be a "good" rebounding team if we take care of the ball and make free throws.

We aren't favorites but in this setting especially I like our chances.

Bo6, tinman and D-rock like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Mavericks are not a good team. But I'm glad we won cause they are the Mavericks.

Coaching staff needs a good game plan against the Lakers or Clippers, who have superior players.

8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It will work against some teams, and not against others. The Lakers are the best on paper, but for some reason I think Houston can matchup well with them and I think the same goes with the Clippers. The types of teams I would be less confident against are OKC and Milwaukee. Those two seem to control the pace and we will end up playing their style. More importantly, I think those teams are able to defend with more discipline, and not foul. Houston can otherwise bait other good teams into playing Houstons style.

#28 BallSoHarden, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we matchup better with the Lakers than the Clippers.

Clippers have hustlers on defense like Montrez and Pat Bev. We can't play lazy or they will get all the boards and lose balls.

Bucks are a problem, especially since we don't have centers.

D-rock and BallSoHarden like this.
  10. DaneB

DaneB Member

Im definitely the most nervous about the Bucks than any other team. We’ve never played well against them and they always give Harden fits too.

seclusion likes this.
  11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's a stretch to call an arch nemesis like the Warriors weak. If somehow Wiggins can play like IG and Klay comes back their Death Squad is back.

seclusion likes this.
  12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

My main concerns are the NBA's overt desire for an all Los Angeles WCF and whether or not the league is beholden to China over Morey's tweet.

The on-court stuff could be overcome like it was tonight through will and James Harden.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  13. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I need to see how we play over the rest of the RS games and what our seeding matchup is.

I want to believe but getting crushed on rebounds which help create easy or ugly wins when shots aren't falling and defense are what is holding me back.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

This season GSW is the definition of weak sister.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. sungjina

sungjina Member

I believe small ball can work but it requires a lot of effort from the players. If (and it's a big if) we can keep the intensity up all game, we can hang with anyone in the league.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Guys were wincing and grimacing in pain taking charges the whole night.

Lying on the floor.

Either in foul or injury trouble.

You tell me if that is sustainable.......apart from getting the win it was actually a shocking sight to behold.

Tucker is still 35 years old even with moderate mileage.

Covington and Harden saved the game.

JumpMan and Sanctity like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure whether they can sign extra bodies or not.

MDA 'Oh, we will keep Russ minutes around 30'......says it all.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lmao. We would **** on Denver.

JumpMan, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I too, am afraid of the bucks. That's why sunday's matchup is so important, we need to play well against them in case we somehow magically end up in the finals.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

What you just described is called playing basketball.

8 regular season games left. Should they have held him out and lost the game like Pelicans did with Zion?

Not following your strategy or your complaint here.

hakeem94 likes this.