1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les Alexander Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kojirou, Jul 17, 2010.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeanie Buss is the owner because her dad died.
    the Buss family has more championships than Les , who inherited a championship level team who was formed by GM Steve Patterson for whom Les has erased from Rockets history.

The Buss family has never screwed up the Laker's team colors for the sake increase of sales.
    The Buss family has never threatened to move the Rockets to Louisville if a stadium deal was not done.

Toyota Center was built to attract an NHL team, Staples Center was built for basketball.

But I thank Les for all the corporate seating cause I've benefited from it.

You realize the last time we got to the Western Conference Finals before Harden was Charles Barkley? Yes Barkley, the Rocket.

James Dolan, ok. The Buss family? No.

#61 tinman, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Les pissed off Hakeem enough to make him leave for his last year.

I just don't see why anyone thinks he is a good owner. Saying he's not as bad as others is a discussion of who does the most harm. Les is horrible, imso. Only good thing he did was hire Morey. And even then, we know he meddles with Morey's plan and has for years.

Tha_Dude, Plowman and tinman like this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

That argument can apply to saying jerry bus was better but you cant lump jeanie buss into "the buss family" and give her credit for everything hes done.

Also los angeles has a huge advantage because of the weather/lifestyle. When the lakers are good guys will force their way there.

Yes i do realize that we didnt make the WCF for a while but it wasnt because le$ did anything wrong. They put together competitive teams with yao/tmac and it just didnt work out.

roslolian likes this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Le$ is a good owner for the sole decision that he turned us around from last season to this season. Took a hold of coaching decisions and fired McFail (a Murray favorite) and hired Mike AntoniO

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty much this. compare to Dolan.

roslolian and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

How long has Jeanie Buss owned the Lakers then? And how long has Les owned the Rockets?

"For a while" = time between 1997 and 2015
    no smart phone and the internet was new = "for a while"

Oh I like how you skipped over the Steve Francis Era

I like how you dodged the facts that you were not familiar with. Which team owner threatened to move their team to Kentucky?
    Which team owner actually lives in the city that they own the team?

And last but not least, which team own changed the uniforms after winning a championship into a clown suit?

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nba-the-5-worst-uniforms-of-the-1990s.html/?a=viewall

3. Houston Rockets
    [​IMG]
    Houston’s Steve Francis signals on the court. | Ronald Martinez/Allsport/Getty Images

We told you things were going to get “cartoonish.” And we meant it. Of course, in the case of these Houston Rockets uniforms, we wish we didn’t.

While some may feel differently, we just can’t get behind these road uniforms that the Rockets sported from 1995-96 to 2002-03. Blue pinstripes, a cheesy-looking rocket ship circling a basketball, and uninspiring font decision. This is how the Rockets chose to represent themselves in the arena of opposing teams. Fortunately, it wouldn’t always be that way.

Tha_Dude and Rockets34Legend like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

do you really think uniform changes are the most significant indicator of an owner's worth/credibility? or are you just trolling the LOFs / Les Only Fans the way you do the other kind of LOFs? ;)

8. Daddy Long Legs

You are getting aggresive lol. Ill continue this debate in a couple hours at 4:45 when im off work. Ima keep it classy though. I wont get hostile and say "oh i like how you" and phrases like that. I will attack your arguments directly when i get home at work. Count on it haha

roslolian likes this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right on, HP!

tinman likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude our uniforms are ugly now!
    Were you a fan then? We won 2 championships then we got ugly uniforms! No internet back then, so Rockets fans talked in person.
    The only reason why Les changed the uniforms is because he felt the old ones weren't making enough money.

and the ONLY reason we have red uniforms again is because of Yao Ming and China. If Yao was Mexican and he brought that much money, our flag would be the Mexican flag.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not getting hostile, you simply don't have all the facts.

Get home? you mean you don't know your Rockets history right now? need to do homework on it?

My Rockets history is here all the time. It's in the DNA.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

The 99ers don't have to wait to go home from work to drop Rockets knowledge.
    At work, at the gym, at the club, on the airplane, 99ers like @heypartner and @Plowman
    drop Rockets history at any time in the history of time so long as the earth rotates

we represent Rockets history 24/7

Plowman likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I don't see how uniforms are the definitive marker of an owner's worth. you have to be trolling. EVERYTHING was ugly 20 years ago. Just look at the old photos from MLB, e.g. the Houston Astros back when Nolan Ryan was on the team. When I played ball we wore short shorts, knee-high socks, and Adidas pro-model hightops.

[​IMG]

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

You bleed condescension lol.

Id like to write a clear long response that attacks all of your points. I cant do that while on a smartphone in a cubicle at work.

This debate isnt over. Im coming for you when i got my keyboard and 20 minutes of free time. Hate on that approach all you want but its coming haha

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'll be waiting too. Loaded and ready to go...

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Dayum, tinman is laying it down like James Brown up in here.

Plowman and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

24/7? So stop posting about **** 2 decades old if you're really a rocket fan and not a clown ass front runner. Why is it the rox knowledge you have is limited to when the Rockets were champs?

History is something you look back to once in a while, you don't look back every single ****ing day. The Rox celebrated Rockets greats for their 50th anniversary, they don't call up Yao, Hakeem, Battier etc. every single ffs. Everybody is on a high with a 30 pt beatdown and ur here still here waxing lyrical about Barkley and his fat ass.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm sorry that you hate facts.

Barkley was the last time the Rockets went to the conference finals. So the time in between Barkley and Harden had lots of playoff exits or no playoffs at all.

Look it up.

You seriously think any of the 99ers will stop posting? Are you even in the US? Have you even been to the Rockets game or Houston?

You have a posting is comparing Les Alexander who bought the team in the early 90s to the a new owner who's owned the team for less than 5 years.

Is that apples to apples? do you even know what apples are?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

You need 20 minutes to google everything that happened before you started being a Rockets fan.
    I get that. You don't know anything about the history of the ownership.

Let me help you and save you sometime.

here's some cliff notes for you:

Les Alexander bought the Rockets from Charlie Thomas in 93-94 season, he inherited a team coached by Rudy T and featured Hakeem, OT, Mario Elie, Kenny Smith, Sam Cassell, Vernon Maxwell and Robert Horry.
    That team he inherited won the city's first title, they call it "Clutch City".
    They played at place called the "Summit" which is now Lakewood Church.
    After winning 2 titles, Les changed the teams colors from red and yellow to blue and dildo face.

You mentioned that Les didn't do anything 'wrong', well as mentioned by the other real Rockets fans, he pissed Hakeem Olajuwon and he went to Toronto in his last season. Google that.

He pissed off Rudy T and he went to the Lakers, google that.
    He pissed off Barkley for not paying him his under the table contract, you just watch TNT for that.

And you want to compare LES to JENNIE BUS? Who only owns the Lakers since 2013 BECAUSE HER FATHER DIED?

No brah. Go to work and forget researching it for 20 minutes, you need hours and hours.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm giving a shout out to my brothers, the 99ers.
    I obviously don't give a shout out to you cause you are inferior to them and you are not my brother.