1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

latimes: Cuttino blames Kaman

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, May 23, 2006.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cuttino blames Kaman. Come on Cuttino! Blame yourself!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...cset=true&coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-clippe

Said Cuttino Mobley: "It all comes down to who's going to sacrifice. I'm not going to start nothing, but you've got to sacrifice."

Mobley was probably talking about an inside Clippers presence — read Chris Kaman — that did not outrebound the smaller Suns and that produced only eight second-chance points.

Elton Brand heard the quote but refused to point fingers.

"I'm not going to belittle my teammates," Brand said. "But I will say there is no excuse for the defense that we played."

Kaman heard the quote, and shrugged.

"I didn't feel that way, I felt we all worked hard tonight," he said. "We just didn't get it done."

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even the writer puts in the qualifier "probably" but the title of the thread is completely definitive. Exaggerate much? Sounds like a writer trying to stir up ****, to me.

3. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Bah! This game came down to the Alien vs the Canadian - and Nash dominated Cassell.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

i guess you didnt watch the game.

Sam didnt miss layups or had many unforced errors. Sam didnt guard Marion.
    It was Cuttino and Kaman's fault. that's the irony of it. Also Magette had a few bad shots and turnovers.

It should have been Brand and Sam all 4th quarter.

Also, they hit 15 3 pointers.

#4 tinman, May 23, 2006
    Last edited: May 23, 2006
  5. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

"Rebounding is so easy, a caveman could do it." Well, maybe not.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I watched it. It's amazing to me how you will defend Sam to the death; the boy got housed. Who exactly did he defend again? I didn't see him D up a single person. All I saw was Dunleavey try unsuccessfully to hide him. He looked slow and ineffective almost the entire night and got owned by a white boy with a bad back. Owch.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Suck it up -- Clips lost to a better team.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

yeah blame on it Sam. when magette and cuttino were bricking the balls.
    blame it on Sam. Yeah Sam isnt a great defender, but he should have gotten the ball more.

9. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Technically, its Alien Vs. Alien.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't see how any rational person can hear this quote and think Kaman. Maybe there's some context the journalist left out that he really shouldn't have left out.

11. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

I agree. The writer adds in the next line after the quote, "He was probably talking about an inside Clippers presence..."

12. New Jack

New Jack Member

The Clippers were playing the game at a tempo that favored the Suns the entire night. It’s really the point guard’s responsibility to dictate the tempo of a game. Especially if you have a veteran leader as your point guard, like Cassell. Nash was able to get the game to play at a pace that favored his team. Cassell was unsuccessful in slowing the tempo down. That’s why his team lost.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

whatever dude, stop watching the charles recap and watch the game.
    the Suns won because of bad shots, turnovers, bad rebounding and missed layups by the Clippers.

14. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

The Clippers lost because couldn't keep up with a scoring machine. Nash had a couple days off, didn't feel his back hurting as much anymore, and had a great individual and team performance.

Sam needed to step up and score and run his team effectively, and didn't do it.

Ballgame.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

did you see cuttino miss point blank put backs?
    do you blame sam for that?
    what about when magette threw those lazy passes to brand?
    what about when kaman fumbled the ball out of bonds?

i blame sam for NOT SHOOTING MORE. thats about it.

16. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

cuttino was building his house of bricks faster than the speed of his rapid hair loss

way to go and throw someone under the bus

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Well seems like he was talking about someone, with the "i'm not going to start nothing" comment. which is ironic, because two negatives make a poisitive so since he didn't start nothing, he started something. or something like that.

18. Major

Major Member

Kaman: 4-4, 3 turnovers
    Mobley: 4-10, 0 turnovers
    Cassell: 4-11, 3 turnovers
    Maggette: 5-13, 3 turnovers

Cassell shot worse than Mobley, Maggette, and Kaman, yet you blame Mobley's shooting. Cassell had the same number of turnovers as Kaman and Maggette, yet you point out theirs.

Plus, the guy Cassell was guarding went for 29 points and 11 assists. The loss isn't on any one player - they just got beat - but Cassell was no better in that game than the rest of his team.

19. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Plaschke's probably reaching here, drawing his own conclusions for the sake of a column, so don't read too much into it. He's changed quite a bit since that 'Around the Horn' monstrosity went on air.

If it is true, then Mobley better can it. The dude played the first 39 minutes of the game and scored eight points ... before throwing in a meaningless jumper in the game's final seconds. Unless you're Bruce Bowen, you better give the team a hell of a lot more than eight points in 39 minutes -- especially when the full-court game is supposedly to your liking.

The Clippers have to play this guy about ten million in 2009-10 ... yikes.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Mobley really needs to shut up. He better be glad that most forgot his atrocious performance in game 6 that pretty much cost the Clips that game.