1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lance Zierlein leaving 1560

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BP0803, Aug 11, 2011.

1. BP0803

BP0803 Member

I can't say I blame him 1560 has gone through some MAJOR changes lately. I can't really see him back at 610 but 790 is a very viable landing spot.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What was going on with 1560 beyond the switch from Sporting News Radio to Yahoo?

Raheel left and what else? I am still waiting on that massive fix to their reception that never came.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Biggest FAgent since Nnamdi...I look for him to sign with the Eagles too.

Wherever he goes, I'll follow...Charlie and Lance would make an intriguing combo but don't see it happening.

4. liljojo

liljojo Member

Never listened to LZ, but I read and enjoy his stuff. Can't stand the horrible reception on 1560.

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll certainly miss streaming 1560 in the mornings now that LZ is off the radio - especially during football season :(

I know he wasn't very happy with the direction the station was going by airing more national shows. He thought if the Texans were ever a viable playoff contender, the station would get smashed by the stations that had local coverage where fans could take Texans football all day long.

I hope he'll still be on the air or in print somewhere; his analysis during football season and the draft season is just awesome.

Would love to have him on 790, I'd just stream them all day. I don't know how he'd feel about going against some of his boys at 1560. Although, if he's head-to-head with Sean they have different audiences, and probably won't be looked at as competition. One would be local, the other national.

Double rods, LZ; good luck in what you pursue next!

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah if the Texans end up becoming serious contenders this year no one is going to want to listen to Sean and particularly Travis. They'll want local talk only.

Travis being a national show has really hurt the market for me as while Charlie is good he wears me out to listen to consistently. I don't listen to Sean at all anymore now that he's national and I personally can't stand Travis's show. Don't get why 1560 decided to add more national broadcast content. Travis is like a "cooler" Jim Rome is all.

Sigh. Houston media. I think the one thing we can all agree on is 610 is the worst no matter what! LOL

Edit: Seriously though, getting Lance Z on the radio during the day over at 790 would basically kill my need for presets. I'd never have a need to be on another station.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It seems we're all in agreement that 790 needs to fill that spot around noon (see ya Gwinn) and maybe team up with Matt Thomas or move MT down a slot.

I hope MattJ reads this and talks to the station manager. I really think it would send a major blow to 610.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Would you guys want LZ or AC to take the Mighty Douchebag's spot?

9. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Matt is on twitter and they all know/follow/respond to each other and there's overlap on people that matt follows that listen to both/are tweeting about it right now. Trust me, Matt knows. Wex too.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

1560 got too big on itself.

I guess it was cool when it was renegade radio.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yeah, I send them a twitter message. I don't expect a response but I really want this now.

12. RedRaiderRocket

I tried giving 1560 a chance the last couple of weeks to fill the Mighty Hours but they seem like sellouts to Yahoo Sports. I listen to Matt and Adam over LZ and JG in the morning. Only time I listen to 610 is during nights and weekends because that's because no other local station is live during those times. Though the odd couple are complete morons which fit the whole 610 station perfectly. LZ is great follow on twitter though, I think he will be starting a website he has posted a couple of times thesidelineview.com

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Shaun is good.

Warner sucks.

14. RedRaiderRocket

I think LZ and Adam Clanton would work together well. If 790 could pull something off like that, I am all for it. Only time I don't listen to 790 is when CP is on, I don't know why so much people like him. He is very educated, but find him more obnoxious and annoying then Mighty Gwinn.

15. RedRaiderRocket

I agree but Warner never shuts up, and think he is the only one in Houston that knows anything about sports in reality he is a moron. If anyone ever disagrees with him people are on drugs or drunk.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think warner is hilarious. I always feel like he knows deep down he is ridiculous but it's entertaining.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Looks like he's headed to 790.

I just happened to be listening to Matt Thomas earlier and he came back from a break around 2pm and said he had major "Houston sports radio news" or something along those lines, but that listeners would have to wait to hear the announcement (either tomorrow morning or Monday morning, I forget).

My initial reaction was that someone was being added to the lineup, and now that I see this thread I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence.

18. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's unfortunate that CP, MJ, AW, and LZ all had to leave 610 just to get away from Rich Lord :p

19. RedRaiderRocket

You are probably right. Matt Jackson retweeted this.
    kmfg KmfG
    by MJ4Sports
    @MJ4Sports @awexler can we get an official welcome to the secret society?

If him and Adam Clanton join officially I will be very happy. I know MT said it would be at 8 am not sure if tomorrow or Monday morning either.

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Damn, LZ coming to 790 and if AC is on the 790 train.....ohhhhhhh, daaaaaaaaayum!

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/2008/12/timberlake-j*zz/justin-timberlake-j*zz-in-my-pants-12.jpg