1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers trading young players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bevo202, Jan 8, 2018.

1. bevo202

bevo202 Member

Lakers have made Clarkson, Nance and Randle available for trade. We don't need Clarkson but Nance and Randle would be a big up-grade at power forward. How can we swing this trade? Team needs a couple of young hungry guys badly.

saleem and vjohnson like this.
  2. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’d take Randle !!!!! Nance :(

s3ts likes this.
  3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

As someone who lives in LA, I’d love to get Larry Nance. Insanely explosive, good rebounder, can step out and shoot and wouldn’t command anywhere near what Randle would next year.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've posted this in a few threads.
    Have JJ Reddick vouch for Ryan Anderson.
    Gives Sixers need 3 point spacing (even with his horrible stretch, Anderson is still a solid shooter % wise on the season).

Some combination then of:

Deng/Randle/Clarkson/Nance to Houston

Ryan Anderson to Philly

Ariza/Black/Amir Johnson/Trevor Booker to LAL

Lakers save $30 million of cap space, which is their stated goal.

76ers probably say no...

Houstunna likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Randle = .266 career 3PT%
    Nance = .229 career 3PT%

These are the elite stretch 4s we've been waiting for! Perfect PFs for an MDA system. Get 'er done, Maury!

BigMaloe, IvanLCPM, DonKnock and 10 others like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sorry, but giving up Ariza/Anderson/Black for any two of Deng/Randle/Clarkson/Nance is a horrible move if we're actually trying to compete for a title this year. Ariza is simple too valuable, and too big a key to what we're doing. You can't replace that with anything found in those four guys.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

only laker we need is lonzo. finally get our big 3.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

These 3 combined together probably are having the IQ of a three years old.

Clarkson is a chucker but with less offensive skills than Nick Young.

And Randle, my gosh, he is just like another Terrence Jones before getting the unknown virus and then destroyed his career.

Say NO to all of these.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean... we always kind of hear this and say this... but I don't know, maybe??

I mean, would prefer to keep him, but you have to give to get. He's kind of like Shane Battier was at the same age. Shane went on to leave to Rockets and win a ring, in an important, but lesser role with the Heat. Would love to keep him, see if we can get his minutes down as a backup off the bench because we have a better SF option, but we don't.

If you could roll with CP3, Gordon, Harden (as SF), Randle, Capela, I think it's a more balanced 5 that still has a lot of good three point shooting and spacing. You can move Randle to small ball center, have Nance, Tucker off the bench at PF. Clarkson gives you more offense and shooting off the bench.

Harden, CP3, Gordon, Clarkson, Green, Luc, Randle, Tucker, Nance, Capela, Nene ... that's 11 guys that can get legit playing time.

More real depth. More versatility in lineups, etc.

I mean your point is somewhat valid... but it's worth noting...

Clarkson can be a chucker, but so what? On his good nights, he's a GREAT chucker. And the Rockets offense tends to go on blitzes when they have chuckers that are "on", on the court.

Randle has under the radar improved this year. He's putting up very similar stats as last year but in only 22 mpg. I guess one can say the fact that the Lakers are reducing his minutes means something. Which is true. But he's kind of a player that when he isn't having his low IQ moments is exactly what the Rockets need. Interior bruiser. Solid rebounder. Young upside potential.

Nance is a sold glue guy.

#9 JayZ750, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  10. bevo202

bevo202 Member

Randle and Nance have good 2pt game, post offense, rebounding , hustle etc, Anderson is so ineffective with his 3 pt shot on top of he can't rebound or defend

amaru, saleem and roslolian like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

We can't and we won't imo.

Randle is a beast and has a ton of talent, but most of Lakers fans in the first place say he's super dumb, plays for himself etc, just doesn't look like a player the Rockets would try to get, also cause he's going to get paid in few months.

Clarkson is just another inefficient chucker at the 1 who can't pass or make plays for other players and plays no D.

Nance is probably the better player to try to steal here, team player which understands his strenghts and limits, but unless he's going to develop a decent 3pt shot i'm not sure he's worth it.

DonKnock and RocketsTerps like this.
  12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

New toys! Rockets must obtain

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Those are all good traits for PFs, no doubt. But in the current Rockets system, not having a 3pt shot will kill our offense. Look at how we've done with Ryno in his slump.

And welcome to Clutchfans, bevo202!

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why are we making rando threads for Randle?

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Lakers are looking to unload salary so my guess is Rockets are not a good trade partner.

amaru, BigMaloe, Emtenndo and 4 others like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Probably? Sixers aren’t giving up 20 mil in cap space for Ryan Anderson.

amaru likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

lol these guys won't crack the 8 man rotation but at least they'll hustle and play hard.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That's because when Ryno slumps he brings literally nothing else to the table. Can't finish, can't rebound, can't pass, can't block shots. Draymond Green can do all those things which is why Golden State can still dominate when he's not hitting the outside shot.

Our issues go beyond Ryno's slump anyway. There was a graphic in the last game that said we're 27th in defense for the past eight games? We're still scoring points we just can't stop anyone.

mario_v likes this.
  19. macan

macan Member

we can do better than these...these r some low bball iq grade A brewer like scrubs...trust morey will bring us better players

20. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

U think 76ers GM is a pig, but a pig can't be a GM