1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry is only effective...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Lowry has the potential to be as good as Kidd or Nash... if not better.

Put that ish on the record son!

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Brooks is such a waste of talent. Blazing speed, athletic for his position, great jumper but unlike Lowry, fails to pass first or play D.

3. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

some of you guys have forgotten how good and valuable aaron brooks is. kyle lowry is doing great, but aaron brooks is great at what he does too. give him time to come back like how kyle lowry needed time to get back from injury. we need both but its always one or the other with some of us in clutchfans. dont be the bizarro DD!

if anything, cheer aaron on so he can pump his value for us to trade!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

To be clear: I have always....ALWAYS said we need both of them.

Carry on....

DD

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I definitely agree that having two good players at a position is a plus. Scola and Landry worked great because most teams couldn't have a good PF out there for 48 minutes.

6. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

If Kyle can score 12 to 15 pts per game with all the other stuff he does well, that is all we need. He's not an elite pg but is well above average imo because he makes his teammates better.

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

plus they are so different, landry was athletic and could finish above the rim, scola is crafty and can score from anywhere.

lowry is a bulldozer that can get you in foul trouble early, and brooks is a speedster with unlimited range.

as dd said, we need both

8. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Lowry is very non aggressive when he's on the court. he usually gets his buckets when the clock is winding down, but other than that, he doesn't really look for his shot. it's hard to explain but he'll drive to the bucket probably 1 out of 6 times we are in a halfcourt set.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Lot of unwarranted hate for Aaron Brooks going on in this thread..

10. highlander3128

That's really cool! Let's bring Landry back and trade Brooks to the Kings. ;)

11. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

cmon, youre like the president of one over the other organization.

12. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Lowry is good but this talk of him being the next great PG is ludicrous. Enjoy the guy for what he does, running the ball and court but let's not act like he has is the perfect PG. That is right there with like acting like Budinger or T. Williams would be the perfect SF.

13. choujie

choujie Member

Come on. Don't overrate Lowry like people did to AB last season please. As good as Lowry is, he doesn't have Nash/Kidd's court vision, doesn't have Nash's deadly shooting ability, doesn't have Kidd's size to be a consistent triple double threat.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

I can't believe I forgot the most obvious one.

At 25 years old, Billups averaged 12.5 points 5.5 assists 42%FG in 28.7 minutes a game starting 2/3 of the season. He only came into his own the next year in Detroit were he was finally made a full time starter.

Lowry is following a similar career arc and I don't think it is a coincidence that Mr. Big Shot is his favorite player.

Listening to Daryl this morning, while Chase/Lee and to a lesser extent Williams were the obvious beneficiaries from the deadline deals, Lowry might actually be the one effected the most.

1. Losing Brooks for a clearcut backup meant the PG spot is now wholly, 100% his. It is now his responsibility to be the engine that drives this team.

2. Losing Battier, the vocal leader, meant that it is now his turn to step into that role. It is now his responsibility to be the heart that leads this team.

Lowry is stepping up to the challenge and taking ownership to those new found responsibilities, as it is certainly showing up in his recent play. As a huge fan of his, I can't help but get excited and look forward to the future. I think even I might have underestimated his potential ceiling.

This is a guy who has improved every year in the league, adding a 3pt shot this year. Imagine the amount of work he will put in this summer, knowing that next year, he will be coming in as a full time starter and leader of the team. I know it is a little too early to be thinking about that, but I think he will be making a huge leap, with the potential to eventually become a 17 and 7 guy like his idol Billups. I mean, he already has a penchant for those buzzer beating 3s.

More important than any numbers that he will put up, the guy is just a winner. I am glad that he is finally getting his opportunity.

#74 CXbby, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He sure does. He scored 5 points to end quarters last night. I don't know why he hesitated in the fourth.

Btw, his jumper is looking very fundamentally sound. I have zero doubt that he will work hard every summer and will continually improve even though he has the starting job sewed up.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

That's what I'm trying to get at. This is a guy who embraces responsibility. The fact that he has the starting job sewed up will not slow him down. In fact it will be the impetus that takes his game to a whole other level, as we are currently witnessing.

17. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

In the last four games since Brooks was traded to Phoenix, Lowry is averaging 18.3 points, 8.3 assists, 48.2 percent shooting and two turnovers per game. He has also made 10 threes.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

At $5m per on a non rookie long term contract, he's probably one of the most underpaid players for their current performance, no one is expecting Chris Paul for 3x less (although Paul's current injury he won't admit to probably means he's about the same).

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Boom shaka laka!

Now imagine what his game translates to if he actually had one, count 'em just one, superstar to play alongside him.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

um ...I had my doubts about Lowry early on because of his shooting woes, but he's won me over. This kid is a warrior. He plays good defense, he's improved his shooting, he runs the floor well, he drops plenty of dimes, he takes care of the ball; most of all, he's a leader. I love this kid and think he can take us far as long as we upgrade the front court. Lowry is a keeper. Chaulk that up to Morey being savvy. He found us a franchise PG!

Did i mention that i love this kid?