1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kingsman 2 Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Apr 25, 2017.

1. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Thought the 1st movie was over-the-top awesome!
    After watching the trailer not sure about the GB-US angle although it looks like they sent the Texas division in.
    Definitely want to see it.
    Not sure about at the theater though.
    Thought I saw the (good) guy that died at the end of the 1st movie wearing a patch in the trailer.

Dude abides!

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

yeah not sure why they sent out the texas division. would be cool if we get to see a collaboration with the compton division instead. then we get to hear the stereotypical "x gon' givit to ya!" on a loop.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Why are the American Statesmen all dressed and talking like Cowboys?

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Probably because the Kingsman are a hyperbolic stereotype of 19th century Englishmen, and cowboys are the same for Americans.

No Worries and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'd give this maybe a 6.5/10. The original was about an 8/10.

They went too over-the-top with the sequel. The first opening sequence utilized too much CGI, which bothered me. It wasn't as bad later in the movie. The sequel didn't have as much originality as the first, so that was a bit disappointing.

It was still really fun, well choreographed and great camera work for the action sequences. Good bits of humor and drama. It's fun watching these actors play caricatured villains. If you liked the first, you'd like this too. Just don't expect it to eclipse the first.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

i liked it. i saw about 70% of the movie before having to leave due to an emergency, missing the final act. so far i thought it was great 8/10 at least.

i also enjoyed the schitte out of the first movie. hope to be able to catch it again and finish it soon.

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Agree with everything you said. If you liked the first one, this one will be enjoyable, but not quite as good. I saw it this weekend with my wife, who had not seen the first one, and she really enjoyed it. Surprisingly so, even though this was definitely not her flavor of movie. For me, the only thing that I was bothered by, even though I am 99% sure it was intentional, was the use of a song about West Virginia when all the US stuff took place in Kentucky.

8. Progs

Progs Member

This one was trash compared to the first one.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

when i think of america, i think of cowboys. just like when i think of azns i think of bruce lee and nwa for blacks.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

World Sheriff mentality.

Jontro likes this.
  11. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i thought it was decent. much like the first...just over the top action. thats what made the first one so fun. theres no scene like the church scene in the first.. so if you're expecting something bigger/better than that you might be disappointed.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Just saw it and honestly can't beleive the reviews. Not as good as the first but pretty much couldn't ask for more out of a sequel to a very fun movie. Really enjoyed it.

Jontro and No Worries like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

so been searching around and couldn't even find a cam in english (only russian). i don't mind paying again to watch at the movies, but haven't had time and probably won't any time soon. any help brehs?

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I haven't seen it. But this is what i heard from critics i respect.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Waiting for better rips - HD or BluRay?

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm fine with cam. i have a basic understanding of what's going to happen (i left during the start of the shootout in the snow cabin) cept for the ending, but i need to see it.

i think kingsman could possibly replace my favorite action movie of all time: starship trooper.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fun movie but yeah, didn't have the same magic as the first.

19. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was ok ... 7/10

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If you go in expecting a rather mediocre flick, you'll love it. I enjoyed the hell out of this film. Lots of fun.

Castor27 likes this.