1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Key adjustment made in Game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kevin McHale made an important adjustment by having the team play harder and with more energy. This made a huge difference tonight.

Not sure why he didn't come up with it until Game 5 though. The team still faces an uphill battle. The odds would likely be different had McHale coached the Rockets to play hard and with energy since Game 1.

3 people like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Another 2/10

What happunned to the Carl we used to love?

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

They finally came out and played with some heart,they fought on every play and it was really nice to watch.

4. hoopball

hoopball Member

it was good adjustment. the only downside is it came way too late. many fans here already pointed out key changes that had to be made since game 1, and McFail does that when we are down 1-3. so frustrating, but hey better late than never.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Haters gonna hate. We get it, okay.
    Let's watch basketball and enjoy a win while we can.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Who did?

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

he's like a professor with tenure. posts garbage because he knows he can get away with it.

2 people like this.
  8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lol..

9. hakeemthagreat

Best adjustment was starting Smith

10. Nook

Nook Member

Yes or Kirby hoisting 40 shots and flexing after reaching 30 points in garbage time.... Like Jerry Stackhouse, no one is impressed.

11. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

i think carl has a point though. mchale DID get them to play harder and with more energy. the real question is how did he do it? asking them nicely? promising them a pizza party? strippers?

or maybe we shouldnt give mchale too much credit. perhaps morley used analytics to figure out precisely when and how much to beg them?

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This was Mchale and his staff's best coached game. The employed the hack a jordan correctly...They attacked Jordan early getting him in foul trouble early. They took out players when they needed too. And got timely shots by players other than Harden. OH and they finally figured out how to defend the double High screens that have killed the Rockets, and effectively gotten them out of position.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Or maybe the Clippers came with no intense urge to win? They didn't have the drive tonight. Settling for threes.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Smith starting.

Rockets playing base defense with Jet and Pablo guarding Paul.

Harden getting rest in the first and third quarters.

Capela getting decent run.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The adjustment was getting the Rockets focus on battling in the paint--scoring and rebounding.

With Smith on the starting line-up, we had more muscle up front vs Blake. We didn't go on those 3pt missing binges because we weren't settling on 3s.

Of course, it helped a lot Clips were missing their usual shots in our arena. Hopefully their shooting regresses to the mean.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Give Carl a chance to redeem himself... hahaha

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I think it was a combo of the clippers losing their intensity because they have a comfortable lead mixed with the Rockets players really not wanting to put on lipstick and a dress and being the Clippers women tonight.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Capela and Jones are able to outplay the Clips' back-up bigs.

Capela did a good job, not afraid of the big moment.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This reminds me of my college years.

We had this terrible professor for Physics. I mean absolutely terrible. He would come late to class. Sometimes came in flip flops. Sometimes hair and clothes all messed up. But what was consistent about him was his teaching. He was horrendous. Could not explain simple concepts and frankly he didnt give a damn. Personally I did not care because I hardly went to classes and did most of the work myself. I was indifferent towards him. However, I could understand why more than 3/4 of the classes couldn't stand him.

So it's the last day of the class and this girl who is really pissed off at him asks him, "Can we have the survery scantron to fill out?", to which he responds, "Why do you want it?"

So she tells him that she would like to fill out a survey because she has done it for all her other class.

He says, "You would be wasting your time filling those out. I am tenured."

I LOLed and walked out of the class as I was LOLing.

I loved that guy from that day onward.

Like a BOSS.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Only adjustment made by Herman is moving his dick from the left side to the right.