1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Smith on Where will Game 1 of WCF be?:"HOUSTON TEXAS!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 19, 2018.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Les > Tilman

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

[​IMG]

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Western Conference Finals?! :eek:

There's only one ball, it's not gonna work. Chris won't wanna stand in the corner & watch James dribble, dribble, dribble. Skill sets don't fit together.

And who's the scrappy guy they picked up? Ed Davis? Yeah, Ed Davis, he's gonna be a good addition for them.

4. rockets13champs

See when he knows a lot of peoPle are watching like for example on espn. He will say what Stephen A will like him to say. Then on tnt he’s more comfortable so he will say what he actually wants to say

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Any Rockets fan knows Derek Harper owns/bangs Kenny Smiths wife (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)

6. rockets13champs

I read this whole thing in Charles’s Alabama accent

D-rock likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's not suppose to be a fan if he's a national analyst.

This is why I hate Skip Bayless always rooting for the Cowboys.

And for sure, nobody would tolerate a Rockets fan doing national TV. We don't even like Clyde being super homer on TV.

Even though I am an entity in the Clutchfans universe, I know how the rest of the galaxy works.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock, Verbal Christ and DonKnock like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Tilman > Les

Houston > Shanghai and Florida

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

these threads make me laugh.

There is nothing anyone one of these guys or any one else in the media can say that will effect how the Rockets will play, and thus win or lose. If people feel that the team is being disrespected fine, but the team needs to earn respect and that will only happen with post season success. A few seasons ago when the team made the WCF they started to get media respect but they followed it up with one of the worst seasons in recent Rockets' history so of course everyone believed that it was more of a flash in the pan than the team being actually good. Now they are building upon last season but last season's flameout against a better SA team was warranted this team had fought them for 4.5 games to an even point and then lost in embarrassing fashion. If Harden was concussed or not we may never know but the team is not saying anything about it (maybe he was and it would have forced them to sit Harden in game 6 which would have hurt the team and his legacy too)

Chuck though is pure entertainment, no one should take his opinion seriously. He has legit beef with Scottie and Les which I understand (we all hate Scottie around here and there are a ton of fans here who disliked Les as well) and he is very open about it which I can respect.

Kenny IMO does want the Rockets to do well but he was quietly gone from the team and hasn't really been asked back that many times by the org (not sure if there is a reason for that or not) but I think Kenny maybe overly sensitive to the fact he played for the Rockets and wants to be neutral so he is harder on them than most. I ran into Kenny several years ago at the Arclight Cinema at the Sherman Oaks Galleria and I talked to him about the Rockets and he was very candid and supportive of the team.

Shaq - if anyone cares about Charles' opinion they should care even less about Shaq's. The guy is the most insecure "analyst" out there. He will say whatever to make him look smart/correct and will flip flop however necessary. If he actually stuck to his guns about anything he would be made fun of and would not be able to handle it.

At the end of it all though sustained winning and deep playoff runs will give this team the respect it deserves. Thats how OKC had it despite never winning anything. Thats how Memphis had it 4-5 years ago and same with those Pacers teams that challenged the Heat. Thats how Golden State had it, despite winning 67 games their first championship year they were critcized as a jump shooting team that shouldnt win it all and all that talked stopped when they did win a ring -- but even then people hated on them saying they went through the western conference and finals beating a bunch of injured teams.

don grahamleone and tinman like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

Thank you for this REAL Take PURE FAN!

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He didn't. He parsed it like a lawyer.

Rockets will get HCA but he said before that the Warriors would win "unless the rockets play four perfect games", which is a no brainer in ANY case. MY bold prediction... The Kings would win against the Warriors on a series if and only if they play four (not two or three!) Perfect games.

Book it!

You only think this remark is positive if you give him the benefit of the doubt, but if you do, then he's playing both fields, despite him never taking a risk by supporting the rockets with clear conditions on how they could win the series.

#32 Invisible Fan, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    don grahamleone likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kenny can say whatever he wants, but it's like he's not paying attention or showing some extra effort for the place that made him.

There's a difference between tough love and outright disinterest. People can tell.

Stop fronting and representing Houston if you're gonna be like that.

D-rock likes this.
  14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

The Astros thread is elsewhere. Charlie Saltman Morton will be an all star.

15. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Oh Barkley... lol I just cant.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

So you are saying that Barkley criticism in the past has been due to personal bias.

Not professional knowledge of basketball.

We all knew that. Barkley has probably lost a lot more money to MJ on the golf course at a million dollar a hole.
    He probably still kisses MJ’s backside.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

We know newbs love ESPN
    ESPN is their favorite site, way more than Clutchfans

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Or he wants Tilman to pick up his tab at Landrys some day

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Tilman makes people go eat at Landry's
    that's amazing in itself

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Barkley loves him some “See” food diets. He would love Tilman more if he owned Krispy Kream Donuts.
    Like that birthday cake yesterday.