1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi is 100x better than harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jun 7, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I always thought we would lose to Toronto or Milwaukee even if we got past the Warriors. Those teams length just gives us so many problems.

Joe Rz, biff17, RyanB and 1 other person like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

i agree their length would give the rockets problems. it was huge in defeating GS and was giving them fits all series long. if it does that to them, it certainly would to houston

RyanB and J Sizzle like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let’s not throw stones in glass houses when it comes to quality of championships please

BallaDoc and J Sizzle like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

the warriors height killed us imagine the Bucks. Don't worry though, we are going to trade Capela and get small forward 6'7 Covington as our starting center so we can space the floor for Harden

RyanB likes this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Our team is too damn small. That's on Morey.

Joe Rz and RyanB like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That it is. Morey takes 3pt% over length and it’s come back to bite him. He’s learned a bit more though.

He drafted that long guy last year. Hopefully he can find a way to find more like him.

RyanB likes this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I actually think we match up with Toronto really well. Milwaukee probably sweeps us though.

We can actually play faried against them, and they suck at PnR defense

8. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Valid point. Lord knows weve heard our fair share of people claiming our ships as luck based. I was going in the other extreme of this boards negatism of our team right now in pointing out the extremely different circumstances TOR and HOU were under. Shouldn’t have gone there. Just salty that we couldn’t reap the benefits.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

The Bucks would not sweep us are you guys crazy

10. amaru

amaru Member

His 20 million dollar "dead cap space" could have been utilized last year to bring in other players who may have been more efficient. They may not have gotten a big name but they surely could have found somebody more useful than Ryan Anderson. For example, we could have utilized that space to find a legitimate backup PG for Paul. Who knows, maybe with less mileage during the season his hamstring would have held up? We could have also found a legitimate back up for Capela (I know we almost had one with Wright but his knees were shot). We may have been able to bring in an actual power forward. Even if none of these scenarios would have panned out, the realistic ability to have upgrade options during the Paul/Harden era would have been better than having to watch Anderson grow roots on the bench while being the teams 3rd highest paid player.

But it's done now. With the Capela and Paul contracts, it's unlikely we will have cap space for the foreseeable future.

#770 amaru, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  11. amaru

amaru Member

post 770

12. amaru

amaru Member

Hopefully, Hartenstein can. As for D-Mo..........lol

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Again it didn’t stop anyone from coming.

14. amaru

amaru Member

Yep because all of the free agents were lining up to play for the Rockets peanuts. Daryl did wonders last season and this season with no real cap space. Imagine what he could have done if Ryno wasn't here. I'd be willing to bet he still regrets that contract.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

if anyone was willing to come here everyone knows, morey would find a way to make it happen. cp3 was willing to come so he made it happen. nobody else was. there hasn't been an impact FA in that time span that realistically showed any interest in coming here.

16. amaru

amaru Member

Dancing around the post you responded to..........but ok.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean we would love to hear what legitimate impact players were willing to take meetings with houston that the rockets missed out on bc ryno's money was apparently holding the rockets back. otherwise its a mere wishful thinking that you can just apply that money to someone. it doesn't work that way. kd didn't even think about giving houston a meeting. harden had no interest in recruiting lebron. here we are

18. amaru

amaru Member

No need to wonder. Just google some of the past players we've been linked too. We always have to consider the butterfly effect but I think we can safely assume that the team last year would have been better without Anderson clogging up cap (and bench) space. I think you might be the only person suggesting that isn't true.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

you think so? have you not notice how many of us make fun of the pick of the free agents phrase. i guess you dont know where that came from and what it really means. the biggest impact player they've been link to after howard was cp3. that's it. your welcome to post actual sources of stars wanting to come here instead of just assuming as you have been doing. doesn't work that way

20. amaru

amaru Member

Ok bro, you win. Ryan Anderson was a wonderful player for the Rockets and his contract had absolutely zero negative effect on the franchise. The fact that he was traded for an injured, overpaid PG was just a coincidence