1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

jvg thoughts on spanoulis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Aug 24, 2007.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No one honestly believes that Spanoulis turned the ball over 100% of the time. It's called hyperbole. But he was extremely turnover-prone -- and the objective data shows that to be the case. Cherry picking some nice plays off youtube doesn't prove otherwise.

2. BBall Scientist

Have you ever heard of the expression, "look at yourself in the mirror"?

Where's the amount of evidence that proves OTHERWISE?

Where's the overwhelming argument that proves people on the OTHER side of the viewpoint will ever convince those people of changing THEIR minds?

Do you realize that to view everything from ONLY your perspective is what is known as egomania?

See some here might argue Van Gundy is an egomaniac. Some might argue the other way and say Spanoulis is an egomaniac.

But I am NO egomaniac, I simply am pointing out that 90 percent of fans here are full of BS on this Spanoulis/JVG issue.

This is an imaginary tale that Spanoulis got fair treatment. An imaginary tale that he received adequate PT to correctly judge him, etc.

For pointing this out I, and some others are attacked verbatim by people who can only see their own perspective.

When I actually tell others to stop posting their opinion that they hate Spanoulis or he sucked, and tell them to stop expressing their views and that that my favorite of all as Lady says, "There should be no mention of it here," Then I too enter into egomania like the others here that like to post fiction as fact.

Since I am not an egomaniac however I have never done so, and will never do so.

When others actually start making a realistic argument as to why or why not 272 minutes of PT "proves" (their own words) as they put it Spanoulis deserved only that, Van Gundy was right, and he had no NBA game, which is the vast argument here..........

"proves" it's a "fact" (again their own words)

then they will suddenly be coming into the light, that perhaps there is more than just the world from my own perspective. Of course this cannot happen because they cannot "prove" it's a "fact". We all know it, yet the "Span man whores" are the ones that "beat a dead horse."

How many people know the definition of the word irony?

But it goes from this to actually being an outright insult when people who only want it their way then throw around insults and accusations.

I must "hate Van Gundy" I must "ride Greek man sausage" as Sam Fisher so eloquently puts it.

THAT is where it becomes blatantly rude.

When codell accused me and BEX of all sorts of absolutely ridiculous BS. When numerous people thought it was "cool" and "funny."

THAT is when it is nothing more than simply being a freaking a-hole to other people for no reason.

I for one do not stop expressing my ability to see all viewpoints and to want it put in factual context rather than context of one sided incorrect and untrue perspective simply because some have an egomania that anyone saying what they disagree with needs to shut up, when you are not dealing in terms of substantiated fact.

It is NOT a "fact" at all that keeps being repeated here. Just look at Sam Fisher's posts. There isn't a sane person on earth who would not realize this guy is completely out of line.

If anyone here REALLY believed a lot of the things they say (as in actually having a true and rational Rockets fan forum), he would have been told to stuff it long ago.

Remember,

"Know them by their works and deeds, not their words."

Although depending on text and translation that can vary, but that's basically the quote.

A very wise man once said that.

Maybe you should open up your eyes and realize that if you and others didn't insult, mock, make fun of, and outright belittle anyone that simply questioned how Spanoulis got PT then maybe just maybe those people wouldn't be a bit put off by you?

Or is this simply beyond your personal theory of social understanding?

3. BBall Scientist

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Can you you use this same standard and actually start making your own posts without using Freshman year political debate tactics to make everything you say appear to be right all the time?

Or did you still not get my point?

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

How funny the man with a thousands hooks in his mouth calls other delusional. What's delusional is that you and a host of other idiots can't acknowledge that Adelman along with ROckets management thought VSpan could help this team and tried very hard to convince him to stay but he refused. People that know alot more about basketball than you think he can play. That's the reported fact. So untill you and your group of fickled fish can acknowledge that much you will have to keep pulling those f%#&ing hooks out of your big mouths.

5. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Plain and simple Vspan didnt play because he is not a good jump shooter, And the JVG sys is simple, Yao in the low block, spread the floor with shooters with T-Mac making the plays. V-Span need to the ball to be effective, there was no place for him in JVG offense.

6. SmitingPurpleEm

What they say to the media and what they actually think are in many cases two totally opposite things. If Adelman and Morey thought Spanoulis could help the Rockets, why did they bring in M. James and A. Brooks, two guys that would have taken away Spanoulis's role completely?

7. Old Man Rock

What is it stupid fish day? Try to have an original thought.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. SmitingPurpleEm

Heh, too bad you know I'm right. Spanoulis is out of the NBA, and good riddance to bad rubbish. denniscd's information only corroborates what all the signs had been pointing to.

10. Old Man Rock

When did dennis the menace have any credibility on this board. Try to have your on thoughts rook... AH WTF keep pulling the f%#@ing hooks out of your mouth along with the constant pile of bull**** your regurgitating and you will be fine.

11. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

this has got to be the longest thread ever and has already withstood two lockout attempts..and the thread goes on.

12. BBall Scientist

TRUE, and this brings up the main reason why so many are so much up in the air on this.......

Why then did one of the worst shooters in the NBA at the guard spots get 37.1 MPG?

Was Jeff really fighting for his job as DD argues or was he really trying to get out of it?

13. SmitingPurpleEm

He may be a jerk, but he's been right several times in a row on insider things.

How about you stop regurgitating your own bull**** that forced you go to into hiding earlier in the season when we were doing well.

14. BBall Scientist

If you would have checked FACTS like Old Man Rock has done, rather than just quaote your own mind's "Facts" from your own minds hard drive, maybe you would have realized that the press has noted several times this was done AFTER Spanoulis informed the Rockets he would no longer play for them.

It's called INSURANCE, do you understand this concept?

So now you have your answer that has so long eluded you, THAT is why.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thanks! :) Grab a machine gun from BBall Strangeguy and keep firing back at us idiots.

[​IMG]

P.S: DoD, this is great stuff. Pleeeease let the thread run a while longer before you lock it up. A lot of us really enjoy the comic relief during this slow news time. My stomach hurts from laughing. We will be talking about this years from now.

16. BBall Scientist

He's an insider, and me and BE are the same person and there's a guy named Kill Bill who likes a guy named "Billy" and he's another one of our personalities.

You know, you are right, it's much easier to actually believe denniscd is an "insider", yet both are considered another "fact" here.

BTW

Key help for some members

FACT shall = what is actually a fact

"fact" = anything that people like Smiting, Sam, codell, A3P0 etc claim is "true".

That's about how bad it's gotten here.

17. BBall Scientist

How ironic, that I am claimed by many here to be "not funny at all" while people like Sam is "hilarious."

You know, some people just will never learn.

18. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Great in fighting on a dead subject.

He is not a Rocket and look his contact got us Scola!!! OK, if anyone of you thinks that is a BAD TRADE, please speak up now or something.

You know, some day, VSpan may play in the NBA, it will not be under a system like JVGs, that's for sure. I believe the man has skills, it's just not a good fit for that system and he felt slighted for getting benched.

I just don't get the part about signing with the Greek team while he has a contract with a NBA team. WTF was that 4.55 million buy out about? That is strange.

Look at it this way, if AB turns out to be pretty good, would VSpan have a chance even in Alderman's system? AB can run, drive, shoot (accurately) and maybe even defend a little with his speed. The fact that VSpan wasn't very good outside shooter hurted him. His TO numbers sealed the deael.

19. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

With our current roster, Vspan has no chance at all. He'd get very limited minutes against Francis, James, Brooks, and Alston provided he's not traded.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's hard to understand your point, when you keep changing it.

If it's "obvious" that people didn't literally mean that Spanoulis was incapable of finishing a play or always turned it over, then why say this?