1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG: He's to blame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W-Mac, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I don't get it. You say our offense is predictable but you want Rudy T as our coach. I like Rudy T and wouldn't mind if he was still our coach but his offense wasn't anything unpredictable.

2. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

i'm exactly saying that... phil's just as good as jeff but he had a shaq in his prime and mj. i wanna see phil try to win a championship now even with kobe. guess what? the lakers consistantly loses large leads against top tier teams. one time against the rockets when we switched the line up, though we lost.

i didn't say i wanted jvg to get fired cuz hes a good coach... but i want a little bit more flexiblity and better court adapation.

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

So if the team is winning, it's the team effort despite JVG's poor coaching. If the team lost to the best team without Yao, it's JVG's poor coaching. If the team lost to the 2nd best team without Yao & TMac, it's still JVG's coaching. If we have you as a coach, and players even at your level will be 82-0.

Nice, really nice. Predictable offense? You love the sound-bite, or do you really know what you are talking about? Give me a single example in the entire NBA history, in one year, that one team's offense was unpredictable.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

lol, yea, JVG just kept feeding Luther Head all night long. or was it Jho? they didn't have Yao or T-mac, yet the offense was predictable. :rolleyes: reallY? who was JVG designing plays for?

as far as i know, i couldn't tell who was gonna shoot the ball at all.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No doubt about it.....but it had a lot more facets too it.

Dream at the high post....Horry cutting down the middle.....Sam in his midrange game.

I would like to see some of that incorporated on the Rockets.

DD

6. jlivz

jlivz Contributing Member

So what you're saying is you would rather have Rafer and Chuck Hayes cutting and taking midrange shots than having Tmac and Yao run the most unstoppable pick and roll in the league?

I would personally rather have an offense tailored to our two superstars. And let me take this chance to chime in and let you know that you are consistently the most close-minded poster on this bbs. Please stop.

7. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I'm quite impressed they were still in each game WITHOUT 2 SUPERSTARS.

Jackson, Brown, Riley, or any of the best coaches in the league couldn't have done that well. The only one might be Sloan, who can get a lot out of a little. Look at Riley without Shaq compared to Houston without Yao. Now that's impressive.

Don't cheapen an amazing thing that is happening this year. We should be proud, at the moment, not taking pot shots.

It's hard to believe this thread has gone to 6 pages. Rather disgusting.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think that Rush Hour 3 would make any money
    if Jackie Chan AND Chris Tucker were not in the movie cause they were
    injured?

Think about it.

9. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

hmm, yeah predictable offenses really suck...

i.e. dump it to Hakeem....fadeaway ..2 pts every time...

Stockton to Malone...slam dunk...2 pts....

Kareem...skyhook ...2 pts......

everybody pass the ball to Jordan and let him do his thing...2 pts....

dump it to Shaw...2 pts and the foul (missed free throw)...still 2 pts...=)

yeah predictable offenses really suck...I wish we had a predictable /dependable offense

10. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

oops...meant dump it to Shaq.... :rolleyes:

11. DaDakota

Predictable and dependable are 2 different things.

And, it can be predictable as long as there are tons of options in the offense.

The old DIT offense of dream had far more cutters and movement than the current offense...plus Dream was just incredible...but even he would have more difficulties with today's zone defenses.

DD

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

thank you!

dada, you're officially off your damn rocker. we're 9-4 without Yao... and yet here you are, b****ing about how we struggle w/o him.

seriously, man. give it a f*cking rest.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i would love a sh!tter made out of pure gold, but you don't hear me demanding for it.

14. DaDakota

LOL - so settle for the porcilin pony, the rest of us will set our sights higher.

DD

15. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Actually i did play basketball in highschool, and then played baseball in college. all i know is that when you break a hand, you can still run and stay in good shape. So "he isnt ready" doesnt fly with me.

About sitting in a zone against the suns.....would you rather give then lay-up after lay-up, or make then beat you from outside? Law of averages says they wont hit near as many 3's then 2's in a game....and Nash was getting to the bucket at will, which opened everything up. im saying a zone was worth a shot

16. jebustheomlet

jebustheomlet Member

nooo they are waaaay to deadly of a team from outside for a zone

problem is, they are even more deadly from the inside...

i dont blame anyone for the loss.

17. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

do you realize that more than 1/2 of your posts are probably bashing DaDakota?
    not saying that DaDakota is right in everything he says- BUT he does substantiate most if not all posts with evidence or hardcore analysis.. which is more than i can say about most of your posts :rolleyes:

18. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Lets see...Bonzi had 8 points in the 4th quarter and gets yanked with 5 minutes to go. Rafer stays in the game when he couldnt hit the DAMN ocean if he fell out of a boat. Un ****in believable!!!

17-2 run during 4th and OT and the same line-up stayed on the court.....someone please explain

19. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Why doesn't JVG pull Rafer?

20. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

THANK YOU JEFF VAN GUNDY!

Thanks for not believing in Bonzi
    Thanks for pulling Bonzi out after he went rampant in the fourth
    Thanks for believing in Rafer
    Thanks for not coaching
    Thanks for trusting your stern judgment and allow the Nuggets to go on a 21-2 run
    Thanks for developing Vassilis Spanoulis
    Thanks for coming to the Rockets after obtaining a steady job at TNT

and most of all...

THANKS FOR GETTING FIRED AT THE END OF THIS YEAR

but why did i write a long list of thanks when all i had to do was say...
    Thanks for nothing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.