1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Juwan Howard Appreciation Thread!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shawn786, Feb 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Well at the beginning of the season we all took turns BASHING this guy from left to right & deservingly so. BUT as of late he has proven he can be ROCKET!

For the last month or so has consistently put up 10+ ppg and grabbed 8+ rpp. He actully hustles out there trying to garb every offensive board possible.

I think in the beginning on the season he couldn't find his role. He posted up to much which caused him to force a lot of shots.

However recently he has stuck to his midrange game which has paid dividends for him. When T-Mac gets that double team he pass's off to the WIDE OPEN Howard and its money after that...

Well what I'm trying to say is THANK U J. Howard for stepping your game up and making big time shots as well as grabbing big time boards!

P.S. keep up the GREAT work!

-SHAWN

2. Nautic

Nautic Member

Do appreciate that. If he can manage to play a little bit DEFENSE, I would appreciate more.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Thank you Juwan,

for bring McGrady to town.

4. jherveymo

jherveymo Contributing Member

I wish he could defend better and take some fouls for Yao, but he deserves props for making a noticeable effort in hustle, especially on the offensive glass. Hope he keeps it up.

5. RareAir

RareAir Member

he doesn't go up for fall-away dunks like a certain flu-ridden power forward we have here......

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he has stepped up, and that makes me appreciate how much easier it is going to be to trade him after a good season and a good showing in the playoffs.

i like the guy, but we are getting excited because he has become average. he still has 4 years left on his contract and he is old. he is on his way down, and we need to let him go.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Somebody find me Tinman.

8. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

JH is a good bench player, like last year MoT

9. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

He has certainly been a factor in the Rocket's improved play, and you site the biggest reason.... his adjustments in his offensive game.

I hope he can contribute even more, because I think he is still not playing as well as he could.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Howard has been playing better lately, but his abysmal play earlier in the season was killing me. He's been rebounding much better (which was greatly needed) and his jump shot has become more consistent.

He definitely needs to improve his D and his post-up shot selection, he sometimes looks for his own shot in the post too much.

11. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

he just needs to watch those 4th quarter shots

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Howard's career has been disappointing ever since he failed to live up to that ridiculous $105 million contract. We still have a huge mismatch at the 4 spot given the competition JH has to face on any given night (Amare, Webber, Brand, etc.)

13. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

well i think we should appreciate the whole team, including JVG for keeping the same starting lineup. Now players know when they will get there chances.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I appreciate Carl Herrera.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Juwan is doing his crap post up moves and hoggin the ball once in awhile because he's living with the ghost of that contract. He still thinks he deserved that 105 million contract. This is like Tara Reid thinking she's a real actress. If she sticks to dumb blonde roles, she's ok. Show a boob here and there.

He has "WIZARDITIS". He's becoming more of Rocket and accepting that he's a role player. I still NEVER want him to take more shots than Yao or Tmac.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Exactly.

17. dconover

dconover Contributing Member

What are some of you guys talking about...

Howard is a fine player. He has averaged 17 and 7 for his career. That is over 10 years! To compare... Yao has averaged 16 and 9 for the past three years. Am I saying that Howard is better than Yao... no. But I am saying that Howard has been a solid player his whole career. Don't fault him for his contract. How many of you earn what you are paid at work?! If your boss came up to you and offered you more money than you should be paid... are you going to turn it down? Hell no. I hate folks judging Howard on his past contract.

This year is numbers are down but he is also averaging 12 minutes less a game. I will take 10 and 8 from him. Give him 12 more minutes and 4 more touches and I am sure he could put up 15 and 10. Solid, solid numbers.

He hustles. Plays smart. Gives it his all.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Please watch more Rockets games.
    Please call the Washington Wizards and Denver Nuggets and ask for game tapes.

1. He hustles (recently he as), but many times he is slow/lazy on defense. Whenever you see Yao getting dunked on, its Juwan who's not rotating to help out.

2. Plays smart. Please watch the 4th quarter of Rockets games.

3. Gives it his all. I agree with that, but that's not much left in the tank now. But it will suffice since the rest of the team is playing a great level.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Here's a guy that has been one of the most consistent players at his position throughout the course of his career, coming off a season where he averaged 17-7 and is now forced into the role of a complimentary player for the 1st time in his career.

How has he handled it? Like a professional. Like a guy who doesn't care what people say about his previous contract and his days elsewhere, he just wants to win! He took the demotion to the bench well---when JVG somehow reasoned starting Fat Mo at PF was the way to go. He's a guy who just wants to win and has been a big part of our recent success.

This thread couldn't be more appropriate.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Average 17 and 7 on the worst team in Orlando History and averaging 17 and 7 on the worst teams in Wizards History.

"FORCED INTO THE ROLE OF A COMPLIMENTARY PLAYER"

QUOTE OF THE YEAR.

What did you want him to be a Primary Player? Was he a Primary Player in Orlando? He sometimes thinks he IS A PRIMARY PLAYER. Who's our best post up guy? YAO MING. That guy needs the ball more.

Let Juwan take all the OPEN 15 footers and putbacks he wants. As long as he knows its Tmacs and Yao's team.