1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: Dream big, be yourself

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TTNN, Aug 18, 2013.

1. TTNN

TTNN Member

Let's see what Jeremy Lin talk about his last season himself.

http://youtu.be/vnTK5tRnpdw?t=1h6m12s

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/vnTK5tRnpdw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/vnTK5tRnpdw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Jeremy's talk start at 1:06:20

I'd recommend people ignore what LOF/LOH says about Jeremy, but listen to what he say himself.

1 person likes this.
  2. IPSAC

IPSAC Member

THIS **** DID DESERVE ITS OWN THREAD, IDIOT!

3. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Overreaction? Relax dude, it`s summer...

4. dragician

dragician Member

Check your meds dude.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Too dammed long. Omg...

Something I took from near the beginning:

Poor dude. :(

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He needs to tap into his inner self, he will gain confidence and become a better player.

7. coffeelover665

8. eomor131

eomor131 Member

There was a comic drawn by cf which is about Lin's inside demon and Mchale.

9. Reach

Reach Member

A rare kind of moment for Lin: he admits to having believed himself to be the cornerstone of the franchise when he first signed.

10. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

" Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." :p

Joking aside, I like watching Jeremy's testimonies because he opens up a lot instead of saying all the right things.

Hope he has a good season ahead.

11. rj3000

rj3000 Member

Probably what they told him when they recruited him from the Knicks. Probably also what they told Dwight. And also why Asik doesn't want to stick around as he saw what happened to Lin.

12. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I'd recommend you not create threads anymore.

13. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

Angry DOF's.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It was one of the more open speeches I've listened to. Though I'm not religious at all, I thought it was good message.

15. coffeelover665

Yeah you can really see what he feels. A lot better then generic answers from listening to other NBA stars

16. khandero

khandero Member

this is my first post on clutch fans:

first off i'd like to tell you guys i'm a big lin fan (i think he can be a great pg in our system) and i'm a longtime houston rockets and houston texans fan since i was little

but lin is talking about things that are really important, the evil power of money, and i commend him for doing so, but the truth is he is very naive about the real consequences of our monetary system on human well-being and human flourishing

watch this if you want to know the ugly truth behind our monetary system today and several other cultural fallacies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EewGMBOB4Gg

17. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

By the same token, you don't deserve been a human being.

18. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

That was very interesting stuff from Jeremy. I haven't heard him speak about himself like that all last season. Thanks for posting.

19. rokit

rokit Member

i knew the whole situation affected him, but to a point where he can't eat or sleep? crying before the new orleans game? that's crazy...

20. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

He should team up and tour with this guy. I think he's talking about Royce White at 15:50.

[youtube]_kjSK-PcU9o[/youtube]

On a related note, Lin needs to man up. I'd be roasting for days if his fans on here weren't so sensitive.

We have Hakeem and McHale to mentor Dwight. We need Charles Oakley to come and mentor Lin. Imagine Lin trying to explain the situation to Oakley after he walks in on Lin crying with his legs crossed, writing in his diary because he got crossed up by Toney Douglas in practice that day.

[​IMG]