1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden promises he'll never leave the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Sep 2, 2017.

1. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

In before

"why would he leave, he runs this franchise?"......"and that's why we will never win"

SuperMarioBro, J Sizzle and BigMaloe like this.
  3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

No Strippers Left Behind. -- James Harden

Plowman, Tfor3, alethios and 10 others like this.
  4. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I trust James and do see him retiring as a Rocket, but if he does end up leaving then this very tweet will haunt him for the rest of his life

daywalker02 and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

legend status sealed and confirmed if he can win just 1 ring for the city

can't believe we got this guy for a package headlined by Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb...I had little to look forward to for the future before that trade happened

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This franchise has always known how to take care of superstars and even stars that deserve the love. Our track record for former superstars, stars, and even role players stepping up to bat for us or re-join us speaks for itself. This is a big part of why I never got the whole "We treat our player like assets" thing that was really started by a few butt hurt role players when never amounted to crap. Fact is, we take care of our own and most players that played for us love us.

RocketWalta and DonKnock like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What if we get beaten by a great up-and-coming team in game 7 of the second round, who just won the championship the year prior, and it turns out that joining that team is easier than leading a team on your own?

Just kidding. Looks like we don't have a Durant on our hands. I'm not Harden's biggest fan but if he stays true to this, guaranteed Houston legend when he retires.

8. FearTheBeardJH

Morey would trade him for Anthony Davis or Durant in a heartbeat though.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Anthony Davis who can't make the playoffs and who's team is always in the lottery? That Anthony Davis? Yeah, no. I don't think he'd trade him for Durant either.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nah...Harden > Davis/Durant

DonKnock and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. zigzag

zigzag Member

Morey: Well, i can't promise that...

Chanmarr likes this.
  12. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Am I missing something ? He can't leave since he'll be under contract for the next 5-6 years

13. FearTheBeardJH

Just like the Celtics would never trade Thomas after he was like the most popular player in Boston since Bird. Don't be delusional, Morey would do anything to improve team including trading Harden.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

You're comparing IT, a miniature guard coming off a serious hip injury who is also about to be a free agent to James Harden? LMAO. The only one sounding delusional is u. Morey would trade Harden for a worse player in AD to "improve the team" in a heartbeat...

[​IMG]

True Rocket and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I applaud his commitment to the team and the city. But if I was him I probably wouldn't make that promise with the team up for sale. Who knows what happens when the new regime comes in and it isn't Les in control anymore.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with you, but at present, there aren't too many moves one could even theoretically make that would improve the team that would have James leaving. There are maybe 5 players one can even try to argue are better?

17. Chanmarr

Chanmarr Member

Nice lol

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Most people assume just because somebody is from a particular place they have some kind of attachment or chemistry. I know most people that had traumatic or difficult childhoods that would not miss or have ties to a place once they are out of there.

19. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Trade, next contract etc. He can. He promised he won't.

roslolian likes this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

GOAT.

harden means a lot to the city of houston. can't believe some of yall wanted to give up on him and ship him out