1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James harden on The Jump Tuesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 18, 2019.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

To be honest TMac is right

2. threepointshot3

20 failures. Wasted yaos best years on this joke. Like beards best years are being wasted away with Paul and the rest of the bricklayers

don grahamleone, Stormy1234 and s3ts like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

bit that was Yao who was a failure in Playoffs. Being outplayed by Okur or just broken down... man you can hate Tmac and I understand that but he delivered couple first years. He torched those Dallas teams

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Put harden on that orlando team in the east they better and win 50 games

Put tmac on this team with all the injuries and being in the west they lottery bound

KDavis likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's just say both were very fragile (super)stars who had some flaws.

The thing is Yao was much more liked around here because he does not run his mouth.

bmelo likes this.
  6. Theking

Theking Member

Broussard put that b**** in his box. What a pathetic loser. "If you pro-rate Giannis numbers per usage rate he would be through the roof". Stop it man, embarrasing youself. Makes Nick Wright look like a genius

BamBam and s3ts like this.
  7. s3ts

s3ts Member

Right about what? That Harden shouldn't try to continue is 30-pt streak?

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao took us past the Blazers and into DEEP water against a championship Lakers squad though.

That is why Yao is much more liked.

hieuytran and RocketRed84 like this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed. Harden is SIGNIFICANTLY better than McGrady. But that doesn’t change the fact that, when removing both Harden and McGrady, Houston’s worst year of the Harden era has significantly more talent than Orlando’s best year of the McGrady era. Line up the players....some things just aren’t debatable.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

what Houston year are you talking about? and you will take current age/performance and all injuries into consideration right?

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

He said :
    -current rockets playing style is boring, which I agree
    -Harden is dragging that bad of a team for half a year, T-mac dragged for four years(Orlando), which I agree,
    -Harden stays late in games we are up double digits just to continue his streak, and then says he dont care about it, which I agree is nonsense
    -He should be more worried about getting more rest before playoffs when he can, because we saw what happened when he ran out of gas (infamous shooting vs GSW in g6 and g7, spurs)
    -He thinks Rockets can actualy regain their form from WCF last year and challenge Warriors. It's because they are finally getting healthy, added Shumpert and Faried, have time to click before playoffs. Which I also agree.

RocketRed84 and amaru like this.
  12. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Take your pick from this morning:

Doug was itching to go down the list of Harden's demerits. Love how this streak, or anything great that Harden does, boils down to a discussion about his Hall of Fame qualifications. The major points that they mention is Chris and the lady (can't remember her name) saying that James has been doing this while getting gameplanned i.e. double-triple teamed, and that he's missing Clint who's essentially being underrated amidst this scoring streak talk.

Doug reminded me of that Harden hate flow chart every time his point was refuted.

s3ts likes this.
  13. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Take # 3 from Doug Gottlieb:

He's on a ROLL today! Talking about Harden when the conversation is purely about college ball. He doesn't even make sense in this clip, so the tweet headline had to clarify it.

s3ts likes this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

The years I quoted in an earlier post. Of course injuries and age are a large part of the consideration. For the Orlando year I posted, Hill “played” a total of 14 games, Ewing was a shadow of himself and Horace Grant was declining. Rivers referred to Grant as a “cancer”.

Don’t take my word for it, review the rosters for McGrady’s Orlando time. They were putrid.

15. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't find it boring when they're doubling/tripling Harden, and everyone is trying their best to stop his streak and kill his chance of winning b2b MVP awards. It's maddening that Harden doesn't have any help, but that's all I feel.

I don't care about T-Mac carrying teams. And he never did what Harden did while doing so.

Up double digits and Harden is in there to go get his 30, that might've happened once or twice. Majority of the times, he's in there to make sure we bring home the W. So I totally disagree with this narrative that T-Mac is putting out.

Harden, I'm sure, wants to get some rest. But he can't when the team around him is garbage. WHEN Capela comes back, and CP is playing the Point, fine, he can get more rest, but all three haven't played together since December 20th.

What's the point of talking about resting for the playoffs when he can't get any? Harden getting rest is contingent upon him having a functional team around him. If they play well, FINE, but that hasn't been the case.

I vehemently disagree that Shump and Faried are somehow going to make this team good enough to beat GSW this year... Shump can be in rotation, but has always been a bench player for a contending team at best, he's no Ariza. Maybe a Luc at best. Faried, while being a good player for his size, is undersized for his position. For the spacing, pace, and small-ball size of the MDA offense, I feel like he can contribute a lot. But that wasn't going to be an X factor for us anyway. Our true problem is having a versatile 3nD player who can reliably hit shots, but also take on players from multiple positions defensively.

I think it's clear that T-Mac isn't even watching the damn games. He's just judging based off some numbers or some media narrative going around. It's ****ing humiliating to call him an ex-Rocket.

mike2k132, don grahamleone and HP3 like this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I thought Harden handled himself really well and said all the right things. There's no "winning" with ESPN, as far as the Rockets go, but Harden got as close as possible.

HP3 and don grahamleone like this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

When you don't like Harden in the game late with a lead.....just take a moment an RELIVE THE BROOKLYN GAME.

Recalibrate yourself.

/end.

skroodup25 likes this.
  18. threepointshot3

Jesus’s Christ this Doug guy is a moron. You give 99 percent of the nba players hardens usage rate they will be blunders because they don’t have his skill level or durability. The usage rate argument is for morons with no understanding of the game

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He also won a playoff series, then nearly knocked off the champs before falling to injury. Then he tried to play on that injury because he's all heart.

s3ts likes this.
  20. s3ts

s3ts Member

When he went perfect in that one game against Portland, also just dominating the series, I was so proud.

And when they put the camera on T-Mac's face on the bench, I was so happy he was on the bench, he'd probably shoot us out of the damn playoffs and then blame it on the whole team.

don grahamleone likes this.