1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jail/Prison] Ever Been? If so, how long and why?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by countingcrow, Jan 15, 2008.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I've never had the misfortune of being locked behind bars.

A close friend of mine had his brand new "Air Jordans" taken from him by a couple of regulars at the Harris County overnight lockup on Wallisville Rd over near the Channelview area. I still give him hell to this day about just handing over his shoes to those guys and not standing up for himself. When his mom bailed him out of jail hours later he walked out of the facility in some old Spalding shoes that one of the thiefs forced him to put on so that no attention would be brought to the theft (something definitely would have been said if he had walked out of the cell in his socks, lol).

I was pulled over once in a friend's car and he had a couple bags of weed and a couple unmarked non-prescribed bottles of antidepressants. I had no idea that he had any of this with him until he tells me as the cop is getting out of his cruiser. Not being sure about Texas law when it comes to something like this I was really nervous. I felt like there was a strong chance I was going to jail just for being in the vehicle. The cop walks up to the driver's side window and asks for his driver license and insurance. He hands both over to the cop and the cop walks back to his cruiser. My buddy tells me that he has warrants and asks me to drive his car back to my place and that he'll pick it up after he serves out his time. The cop comes back to the vehicle and asks my buddy if there was anything in the car and my buddy spills the beans. The cop asks us both to exit the vehicle. He asks me for my ID and tells me to stand at the front of his cruiser. He warns my friend of his warrants and places him under arrest. He asks me if I could call someone to come pick me up which was music to my ears. They ended up towing my friend's car and he served a couple months at the county lockup in Downtown Houston.

That is as close as I've come to going to jail/thinking I was going to jail.

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've never been. The closest was in high school I was loitering with some friends at a park late at night, there was a very large smoking instrument involved, we saw a cop pull up, ditched our **** as best we could and started walking the other way.

The cops of course got out of the cruiser and caught up to us. We proclaimed innocence, but were clearly out of our gords not sober and they knew it...but somehow, by the grace of god, we did a good enough job hiding our stuff, even with flashlights and searching for a good 10 minutes they couldn't find it.

Unfortunately, I forgot I was carrying a butterfly knife on me - why? - I have no idea, I'm the whitest dorkiest guy out there, but picked up a butterfly knife one summer in Maryland where they aren't illegal and always liked to just do tricks with it. Well they were illegal here. Fortunately, though, the cop just confiscated it and let me go. To top off the good news, we went back the next day, and our "instrument" was still in its hiding place, unharmed!

Well, actually there was another time, again in high school, where I was in parked car with a friend. Another friend, the driver, was in a convenience store reading a magazine. Who reads a magazine at a convenience store. Nobody, except at Lucky 7 back in the day, that's what you did until there were no customers and you could get some beer without an ID. So my friend was in there about 20-30 minutes just reading a magazine and apparently another customer thought we were casing the joint and called the cops, who came sirens a blazing. But that was easy to get out of, because we just said our friend was a pervert and liked reading p*rn magazines for fun and we were just chillin. Still, the cops came strong with a "your about to be arrested" tone.

Actually, there was another time involving a speeding ticket were I actually got put in the back of a cruiser, but I just ended up getting the ticket. long story.

4. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I stayed a night in jail because I kicked some oldass beatup utility truck, with no owner in sight, after it had boxed my car in. Unluckily for me there was a racisist cop that saw me from a distance and charged me with vandalism. To tell you the truth it didn't really feel like jail. After getting booked and given a jumpsuit, they just tossed us criminals it what was more like a dorm\barracks then a jail. ****ers never gave me back my shoe laces.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No, never, not even close.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Friends house party, I am wasted.
    Cop asks how old are you, I say "7, no no just kidding officer. I am 8".
    He gets his superior, some fatty in charge of the whole sting.
    He says, "you are going to jail for PI"
    I said; "fatty, this is private $#$#$# property"
    He says; "put this punk in handcuffs"
    I say; "did you call me a punk? this guy has a tattoo on his god$#$# neck the size of my arm but I am the punk (he really had a tatt on his neck)
    3 cops tackle me to the ground. This is a big house party with some ladies everywhere and I made this sign that read "who wants to makeout" with an arrorw pointing down towards me. So I whip it out while in handcuffs in the ground with an ankle the size of a watermelon (they sprained my ankle bad).
    I am laying there with a sign that says "who wants to makeout", a cup of keg beer, then my gf calls (yup) and I answer and say "lookup Georgetown jail I need someone to get me"- I live in College Station btw
    -anyways there was a pre-law student in the house and I got off fine.

Moral of the story? Nothing numbs a sprained ankle like 3hrs of whiskey and 2hrs of beer.
    Oh and no. Never been, never gonna go.

#6 Ziggy, Jan 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  7. chonox

chonox Member

couple times a few years ago, when i was much younger and still played monopoly.

8. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I plead the Fifth.

9. Asian Sensation

I've been arrested for fighting a bouncer but talked my way down from jail to a night in the drunk tank. Not fun.

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I'm in prison now.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I spent 15 years in Lompoc.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

paid a visit while in high school for smearing human feces on another man's car. Didn't actually get locked up, just had to get questioned by the cops at the jail. Great fun.

13. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

It's all the same in the dark, right?

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8th grade- some friends and i are camping out behind one of the friend's house. there's an 11pm curfew, but a 2am, we decided we needed some munchies. I might have had half a miller pony (about 4 oz.). anyway, we decide to cut through a used car parking lot. all of a sudden flood lights kick on, we hear shouts of "Stop! Police!" and take off running. my friends disappear, shots ring out, and i hear the impacts inches from my feet. I freeze, the cops cuff me an put me on the ground.

stick me in cruiser, and take me "downtown" and throw me in the holding pen. then, one of them drives over to my house, knocks on our door, and when my dad answers at 4am, tells him they have his son in jail...didn't go over real well.

bottom line, they got me for curfew, and i was grounded for about three months. one day a few weeks later i hear my folks laughing about it- seems there'd been some cars stolen from the lot and we'd stumbled into a stakeout...

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Never been myself but I know plenty of people that have gone to jail or prison.

16. Fatty FatBastard

I've been to jail more times than I can recall for a multitude of reasons. I've never been in longer than a week, though.

In other words, I can be an idiot.

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Got pulled over for speeding and had a warrant for an unpaid ticket. I also had a pipe in my car for, uh, tobacco. Took me in, but the cop called my parents on the spot so that my truck wouldn't have to be towed from I-45. I was in for a few hours. No big deal, but I never left the holding tank either. It was just me and this kid who turned him self in for reasons I couldn't or didn't want to understand.

18. lpbman

lpbman Member

Wow... I kicked a cop car with a cop in it (showing off for girls in HS) and only got a "Don't do that again".

And, no... never been handcuffed or put in a cruiser or anything. Closest I've ever come was a speeding ticket, 86 in a 45.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: Nope. Never. I am a <s>law-abiding</s> citizen who's never been caught.
    :eek: You're a brother and have never been to prison?!?!?!? UNHEARD OF!!!!

;) you know I'm kiddin'.

I could think of a few peeps here--including me--who go to Jail/Prison every day from 8-5 and we don't even get REC TIME. :(

20. WWR

WWR Member

I did hard time in Alcatraz.