1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Very Simple: Get Romo or Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fullcourt, Jan 15, 2017.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

U got me im a cowboys super fan who wants another 5th rounder so desperately that I present myself as a Texans fan on Houston Rockets message boards in hopes that if I rally enough Texans fans to agree with me, it will find it's way to the Texans front office and they will pull the trigger post-haste. Bravo, detective.

Hey Now! and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As ridiculous as it sounds, it still makes more sense than trading for a player about to be cut that only wants to play for your team.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. Commodore

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

What in the world is this even about anymore? Can Jerry just not let Romo go?! That old man must realize he isn't getting a draft pick at this point.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jerrah needs to #doright (or as @ABS once said, #actright).
    • Broncos GM John Elway said the team has no "intent" to pursue Tony Romo even if he is released by the Cowboys. The Broncos have been leaking lukewarm interest in Romo for quite some time, but those leaks were thought to be an effort to convince Dallas they would not trade for the quarterback. Perhaps this is another such attempt -- "intent" is not the same as "no chance" -- but 9 News Denver's Mike Klis reports the Broncos' interest has "cooled" in the last month. With Romo now looking like a long shot, Denver will turn to either Trevor Siemian or 2016 first-rounder Paxton Lynch. Siemian is the favorite to win that battle.
    • NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the saga surrounding Tony Romo "isn't ending any time soon." RapSheet reports the Cowboys could keep Romo on the roster even once the draft is over. Since there is no financial deadline to release Romo, it makes sense for Dallas to hold the quarterback through the draft in an effort to call the Texans' bluff, but keeping him on the roster once the offseason program begins could lead to an uncomfortable situation. With the Broncos seemingly out of the running and the Texans looking unlikely to blink, release remains the most likely outcome.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Petty Jones doing what he does. I wonder how much falls on stephen jones in this situation, since apparently he has shot calling abilities as well?

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

TBH if I'm the cowboys; no way I'm letting Romo go. I might even keep him on the roster for the season. Where they messed up was giving others (especially Romo himself) the impression that he was going to be released.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

His cap hit is like 23 mil. No way they hinder themselves

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

A hindrance or a luxury?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's Jerry just not wanting to lose out on getting something for Romo on the way out.....but eventually he'll have to.

Exactly. In a hard cap league there's no way you use that much of your cap on a backup QB.

12. Commodore

give me an angry Romo

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yet more evidence, if true, that there's no chance in hell that the Cowboys keep him on the roster.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think they are hoping he retires.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Let me get this straight. You acknowledge that the Broncos OLine was bad. I'm guessing you acknowledge CJ Anderson was injured and they had no run game (27th in yards, 28th in YPA). Yet, somehow, Trevor managed to throw for 18 TDs to 10 INTs in his very first year playing....and you give him no benefit to think that he might actually be decent? Funny.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think Semien has a chance to be Hoyer tier. From the handful of game I saw of him, I wouldn't bet on it though. no doubt he's worth 2 Brocks though...

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

By all means, double down on hyping up Trevor Seimien. There's no doubt you'll be walking that back and pretending like you never did it in the first place about 8 months from now.

18. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I'm not sure about Semen. It seems like he's in a sticky situation with the Broncos at the moment.

Fullcourt and rezdawg like this.
  19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He played as well as any "rookie" can play given the circumstances (one of the worst OLines and no running game to help him out). Not sure what else you'd expect from someone playing under that scenario. Not saying he's going to be a stud...but he has the arm talent and poise to develop into someone good. Did you need to see him throw for 30 TDs and single digit INTs? I didnt realize every good QB was a pro bowler from their first start and onward.

Given the fact that you were here defending Brock through the majority of the season, along with your other hot takes regarding QBs, I'd probably stick with another topic.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given the circumstances? He's playing for Kubiak which means he's in about the most QB friendly system imaginable and he's got an absolutely dominant defense so he doesn't have to do much of anything to win games.....you make it out as if he was really in a bad situation but that's pretty cushy.

Anyway, you just keep watching Broncos football and swallowing the BS that Elway is dishing out. See where it gets you.