1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It did NOT work!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CVcrew, Jan 10, 2008.

1. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Before you read this, YES, it is another thread talking about why McGrady SHOULD be traded. So if that is of no interest to you you can leave now!

I LOVED the TMAC trade I could not have been happier, as a Rocket's fan than when it went down. It brought that excitement back to the team!! That being said I LOVED the Drexler trade, it worked. I LOVED the Barkley trade, it did NOT work. I loved the Pippen trade, it did NOT work. Tmac still has trade value. While it may be low, he still has trade value. This team is playing great without him. Good enough to reach the finals? Probably not. The reality is he only plays when he is "healthy", when he wants to, which is about half a season. He is soft and has never been out of the first round. He just doesn't have what it takes to "carry" this team to the championship. That is the reality.

We all know it. Its time we stop lying to ourselves. While im not for dumping him for the sake of a trade (i.e. KG and the T Wolves), a couple of good players, and hopefully a draft pick, who could play a whole season would be better than a moody Tmac. Thats the reality. This trade did not work. Wake up!! That being said there is no way in h#$% I trade him for Marbury. I would rather he rot on the end of the bench!! However there has to be something out there that will work better for this team than it currently is! Its time to let go people. Accept it, move on, and get some type of value for him while we still can!!

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You couldn't have made this post in one of the other 50 "Trade T-Mac" threads?

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

jesus, i think there are plenty of trade tmac threads already :mad:

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

no no his thought is 50 times more important than anyone elses.....

5. Keivan

Keivan Member

(I would have probably created a thread if I could)

I really want to make a point on the T-Mac trade talk that drives me absolutely CRAZY :mad:

This team plays great without him ; and that's not because T-Mac is out but because the Adelman offense is right on point. I consider that when T-Mac will be back, he will adapt to the systems, he is one of the most unselfish players you will find, and his only concern is winning. He will do what Adelman asks him to do, Tracy loves how the Rockets play right now, he can't wait to get back on the court. And don't forget, he is one of the most talented guys you will ever see when healthy.
    That brings me to the only thing I worry about Tracy, his health. These injuries that stay a long time are no good at all, hope we'll get a report to know when he will be back exactly, cause it may be tomorrow or in a week or 2... Please, Medical Staff, no more wrong decisions, this is really important.

Now, what's the point on trading him ?
    Guys, the team plays great without him, but if we trade him, we'll get many players that WON'T FIT AT ALL compare to Tracy. We have so many good players, we don't need any other, I mean it will mess everything. We have the perfect team to go far in the Playoffs (if everyone stays healthy) if we keep up the same as know = we don't have any excuse from now on.

These rumours are the most RIDICULOUS articles I have read in ages...
    First it's absolute TRASH, sayaing T-Mac is unhappy in Houston is BULLS**T.
    Then, these journalists are actually dreaming, cause those trades are just so... I can't find a word to describe them...

Daryl Morey has done a wonderful job and he knows what he is doing. The good results are coming, the Rockets are going for a long winning streak that will bring them back in the Big Picture. With T-Mac back (100%), this team will be UNSTOPPABLE.

Everyone should be pleased with the team and stop complaining.

Get that in your brains.

Thank you for the read,

Keivan.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another stupid trade T-mac thread. I swear, only a moron could think to trade someone like Tmac for b.s. players that will force us to cut other players just as team chemistry is getting really good and T-mac is about to return.

I mean, wouldn't you at least wait and see what happens when he returns before suggesting trading someone? Isn't that just common sense?

Wouldn't it just be plain stupid to take a risk and trade away the one guy who could potentially be the difference between having a good team and a great one?

7. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

In before the lock.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

First, IBTL, who do you think we could get for him?

DD

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Just what the BBS needed...again.

10. CVcrew

First of all, thank you for actually making an argument. Second of all, isn't the point of any trade to try and acquire either current assets or future assets that WILL benefit and FIT IN with the team. My point is, trade him while you can. The longer we hold on to him the less his value becomes. Let him come back and play the Allstar game and showcase what he is when no one D's up on him. When the game/season isn't on the line. Again, McGrady and his time here is up. He is not an aging Olajuwon. There is no sentimental value to keeping an aging player like him on this team.

We hear the "rumors". There is more being offered than we know and I can assure you that there is a trade that could be made that would benefit the team better than McGrady playing half a season. We have all said, he doesn't run with the team, settles for jumpers, is always injured. It is time. I hope that management can finally realize this as well.

To everyone else... if you read the first sentence of the post and didn't like it... don't B!@#$ about it.... just leave!! The whole post is about realizing he didn't work out as a player here in Houston. It happens. Atleast we can still get something in retrun for him. Trade him now!!

11. CVcrew

Im not the GM. I would assume that Phoenix would consider him. I think Dallas could put together a package of interest. Obviously the Bulls. Im not for giving the guy away but atleast get something in return while you can, and something that would benefit this team. Its no accident that we are playing better as a "team" while he is gone. Addition by subtraction. His 20 shot attempts per game are now spread to Scola, Head, Alston, Battier and the end result is the team actually plays as a TEAM. It astonishes me that while you are always quick to point out all of his flaws that you would actually be one of the supporters for keeping him on the team??

12. CVcrew

And let me see, your one of the peeps who would argue that Chuck Hayes is a starting PF in this league?? Or that Rafer is a starting PG in this league. I do see the point in trying to see if he fits in. However, I would give this thing ONLY until the trade deadline. Thats it.

13. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I'll take Chris Bosh and his kickass commercial makin' self ! Booyah!

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I prefer the multiple threads. They are all different. Some you read. Some you don't. Some you post in. Some you don't.

I really don't get why people are so whiny about the number of threads. It helps differentiate things.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I just find it funny that someone wants a lock on the thread but first what did you have in mind...lol

the quintessential fence sitter strikes again

16. neobomb

neobomb Member

Addition by subtraction you obviously didn't take any math classes for your training to become the GM of the Rockets. :cool:

Scola, Head, Alston, Battier all these players cant create their own shot in the 4th quarter or else we would have been in a 6 to 7 game wining streak. We cant get equal value for tmac we take the things he does for granted.

17. CVcrew

Thank you!!

18. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

We soooo needed another thread on this topic. Really.