1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it just me? I see Jeremy Lin making progress here.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Nov 13, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

He is barley shooting them (he is spotting up for the corner 3) & barely getting touches so that definitely doesn't help either.

2. hahachui

hahachui Member

he needs to strengthen his upper body muscle...
    every time he shots in the paint...it falls short...

3. loox

loox Member

82 games take a long time. These issues are growing pains. I agree that the most important thing now is that Lin is learning, as is everyone else. They will figure it out and coaches will figure it out, 'cuz they need to win. On a side note, I don't see any tension between Lin and the coaches, especially Sampson. They seemed very close on the court side. Maybe Sampson just wanted to protect Lin from injury -- he is a crucial part of this franchise.

4. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Completely agree.

5. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

You're such an idiot. You really don't get the CBA do you. Revenue shared unless stadium tickets.

6. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Kenny Smith made a really good comment last year and it was something like "As Lin grows, he needs to learn how to say no."

I think Kenny is spot on about that. Lin had that swag in NY cuz he was playing with a bunch of scrubs and had the mindset of "this is MY team." And even when Melo and Amare came back with Mike Woodson as the coach, Lin was still playing well and looked comfortable, because even though the offense ran through Melo, Lin was still the primary ball-handler.

With the Rockets, I mean, I love Harden and all but he thinks he's Kobe, and Lin is too quick to give up the ball to Harden every time he asks for it. Too many times I've seen Lin ask for the ball and Harden completely ignores him. The offense should run through Harden still, but Lin needs to be the primary ball handler. It's very frustrating, because people who actually watch the games, should see Lin can be a pretty good player, and he's not even playing bad this year, it's just we're not using him right. Not only that, we're not using Harden right either.

7. Luca

Luca Member

Great post.

8. Luca

Luca Member

Please trade him to the Lakers, he'll be reunited with D'Antoni & play back up Nash if people think that he sucks.

9. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Remember last year when some people were saying that Lin was better than Dragic?

Good times.

10. jlfans

jlfans Member

I had a little bit of a scare to watch the game before it begins.
    I was also laughing when I saw Lin stole the ball from LeBron in the 3rd quarter.:eek:
    I think Lin already pick himself up where he fell down.

11. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

The problem with Lin is pretty simple- the coaching staff has little confidence in him. I was concerned when McHale made his comments in training camp basically saying that Lin was an average player and people needed to tone down their expectations. So when they get Harden, they take the ball out of Lin's hands. Lin is obviously struggling with confidence problems because the coaching staff has little confidence in him. I think getting D'Antoni would have done wonders for Lin and the Rockets because he's about the only coach who thinks Lin has star potential and was willing to give Lin the ball and let him run the team.

12. kinein

kinein Member

Guy needs to spend more time shooting then. and the only way to get out of a slump is to SHOOT MORE! :D

Nice observation.

13. kinein

kinein Member

I remember hearing this from Kenny Smith too.

14. chenglug

chenglug Contributing Member

spot on

15. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Are you trolling?

16. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

It's not just you. Most people thought so. Even in the r****ded long threads started by a few LOH's, majority of the posts are on your side.

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

He's gotta go WestBrick style and shoot his way out of shooting funks.

18. zdrav

zdrav Member

Let's remember that Lin was a solid 15-8 kind of PG under Mike Woodson, so he's not solely a product of D'Antoni's system.

I think he's improved defensively, and the fact that he was able to do his job against Wade and Lebron when called upon will be great for his confidence.

But he needs to start scoring by getting to the FT line.

19. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Watching the SA-LAL game right now, and Lin reminds of how Parker was early in his career. The guy couldn't shoot, had average playmaking ability and his main weapon was getting into the paint.

I think TP is good measure of what Lin can be in the future, if he works hard enough.

20. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Good post