1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In terms of drive, effort and heart Westbrook > Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by celebrevida, May 12, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You are a walking talking crouton

Plowman, riko and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

You gotta be kidding me lol

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Dumbass...

Plowman, Reeko and riko like this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

When we drafted jeremy lamb, i thought that he might end up gud. Is he even still in the nba? Lol

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Charlotte Hornets BAYBAY!!!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

"drive, effort, heart"

Harden has been in the MVP discussion multiple times, played for team USA, drew league, what all else....seems like he's plenty driven.

effort? measure that. quantify that.

HEART lol come on. Westbrook throws down a jam and scowls and he's got heart. James throws one down and runs back to play defense so he doesn't have as much heart.

Westbrook is a better actor. I'll give him that.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hmm. Video evidence required. :cool:

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I LOLed

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Fine. Let me fit your picky ass, media narrative driven ass, technicality ass definitions.

James Harden throws down a slam and returns to the defensive end of the court without scowling.

Westbrook scowls and acts like he's the first person to ever throw in a dunk. Westbrook is the better actor because he's showing everyone how much heart he has. James isn't outwardly emotional like that. Big deal.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL at WB worshipers here

amaru likes this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Who is going to leave for the Lakers after this season and had no choice in where he was traded to. You bein' silly.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Harden clearly has his faults but let's not let Westbrook off the hook just because he scowls after thunderous dunks. He does A LOT of stat stuffing - to a ridiculous degree. His teammates box out not to get the ball, but to leave it for Westbrook. He was hardcore chasing stats this year and I don't know a positive way to spin that because it didn't make his team better - his numbers were are the expense of those around him.

I don't think Westbrook is any more/less competitive than Harden - Westbrook is just much more demonstrative and he responds to challenge with anger. Harden has his poker face on all the time and I think he responds to a challenge with frustration but in both cases, they aren't particularly productive ways to respond. Westbrook playing angry rarely makes him a better player much less benefits his team. Harden playing with frustration doesn't work out very well for him either and certainly not for a team of limited offensive players who need him to create their shots. The difference is maybe a vicious dunk or a technical but other than that they are very similar. They are two sides of the same coin - worth about the same.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are those the last words of Le$ walking out the door?

14. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Harden has less drive,effort, and heart ,yet Harden had a similar and more efficient season. He gotta be much better than Westbrook in some places right?

amaru likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

More wins and beat them in the playoffs

16. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

That's the result though.
    I think while Westbrook is physically gifted like Hulk, Harden is more like Tony Stark. In terms of leading a team I'll take Iron man.

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Lmaooo better actor than Harden???

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why are you on Clutchfans, flipper boy?

Mavs forum ========================================================================>

19. theimpossibles1

Oh my GOSH you are right!!! Thanks so much for enlightening us! I had no idea that anyone had more drive and effort than Harden. The truth does hurt! OWEE! Thank goodness we have posters like you to share infinite wisdom that we mere fans could not possibly conceive! Wow! I am just so shocked that I never had this thought before. Thanks celebrevida for your powerful insight where would we be without you?!

20. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

No amount of coaching can fix a player who isn't coachable. Yes, Westbrook has a much better motor, but coaches can't seem to fix what's going on between his ears. On the other hand, any player can become better motivated if a coach is able to figure out what motivates that specific player. It's probably the most over-looked aspect of coaching because it's not a tangible thing and typically happens 100% behind the scenes.